pick a pearl setting

Can someone please tell me the current price to pick a pearl?

I just bought 2 Cindy Carrigages thanks to you lovely ladies!!!

Amy

If anyone is looking for some cute pearl settings-try cathaygems.com. I bought 2 cute cat pendants and penguin pendant to take with us to Epcot for about $10 shipped. I am hoping that the CMs in Japan will mount the pearls for us, if not, I will just ask them to drill the pearls and glue them myself. My order came within a week and came in a cute little silky purse.

I found the carriage cages as well as the crown cages on ebay. I liked the carriage ones better. I got two of them and four chains and it only cost $16 with shipping. I can't wait to surprise my girls with these at epcot!

Do Disney store will drill a hole/glue the pearl inside the carriage cage for you or no drilling/gluing is required with the carriage cages? I just found this thread today and definitely wanted to do it in August when we'll be there. Thanks

Do Disney store will drill a hole/glue the pearl inside the carriage cage for you or no drilling/gluing is required with the carriage cages? I just found this thread today and definitely wanted to do it in August when we'll be there. Thanks

No drilling necessary. The cage has a hinge & it opens & closes. The pearl just "floats" inside.

After going through this whole thread I was "insprired" to buy the carriage cages on ebay today. Hopefully this will guarantee me that we will make it to Japan to do the Pick a pearl when we're at the World in Sept.

This is what I am going to do with my birthday gift card in Oct. :thumbsup2

Hubby and I will go to Epcot twice during our Oct vacation. Tues oct 13th I will check the stuff out aveaand then on Wednesday night come back and get one. I have a few cagges so I am hoping it might qork too.
Lexi

We just bought 6 "Cage Carriages". When we go to the World in Dec. we will get the pearls and have the ladies in Japan put them in the cages for us as unique Christmas presents for our Mothers and Nieces. BTW, all you all getting the pearls...please leave some for us, too! LOL!! :rotfl:

I have wanted to do this for a long time, and finally did it last week at DTD. The pick-a-pearl part is really cheap, I think $16. However, the settings are not cheap. The cheapest pendant setting is $40, and basically just attaches a loop for a chain to the pearl. The next setting adds a small diamond chip for about $90. I ended up with a large white pearl that I had set in a yellow gold setting. The total cost with tax was $140 - $150.

Looking in the cases, it was not obvious which settings you could have pearls set in since everything in the case already had a pearl in it. I had to ask, and the woman directed me to the small section for setting pearls. The settings don't have any prices on them, so you have to ask. I didn't see anything that was a cage that didn't require the pearl to be drilled, but it is possible that they had them since I had the woman only show me a few of the lowest priced settings.

It was fun, but I probably wouldn't do it again unless I found a cheaper cage setting online first.

I just wanted to let people know not to expect any inexpensive settings at DTD so you don't get disappointed if they are more than you want to spend.

Could someone tell me a little bit about the chains that are available?? Specifically at the Japan location. Are they expensive? Do they look nice or cheap?

I have wanted to do this for a long time, and finally did it last week at DTD. The pick-a-pearl part is really cheap, I think $16. However, the settings are not cheap. The cheapest pendant setting is $40, and basically just attaches a loop for a chain to the pearl. The next setting adds a small diamond chip for about $90. I ended up with a large white pearl that I had set in a yellow gold setting. The total cost with tax was $140 - $150.

Looking in the cases, it was not obvious which settings you could have pearls set in since everything in the case already had a pearl in it. I had to ask, and the woman directed me to the small section for setting pearls. The settings don't have any prices on them, so you have to ask. I didn't see anything that was a cage that didn't require the pearl to be drilled, but it is possible that they had them since I had the woman only show me a few of the lowest priced settings.

It was fun, but I probably wouldn't do it again unless I found a cheaper cage setting online first.

I just wanted to let people know not to expect any inexpensive settings at DTD so you don't get disappointed if they are more than you want to spend.

This is exactly why I did not do it last year - and I really wanted too, but OUCH!! Those settings were expensive.

But, DD and I will do it this year now - as I said I bought 2 Cindy Carriages and 2 chains off of Ebay. It will be an awesome Mother/Daughter treat!!

I think we will wait and do it in Japan as the Hoopla and fanfare will be a hoot for DD.

Thanks for the info on the current prices to Pick the Pearl.

Amy

We've done the pearls the last two years at WDW. Japan is much cheaper than the kiosk in DD!!! I've seen settings in Japan for $19.

My pieces were no where near the price quoted by a previous poster and they are stunning! You can go back a few pages and look at them by searching my name. In fact I was stopped several times on my recent vacation by folks asking who had made them for me, especially the one with two different colored pearls. I believe my total cost for both settings and chains was around $130 and since both were settings for doubles, they were a bit higher. I personally don't think that is a lot for such a lovely piece but I may be biased.

Apparently DTD was not the place to do this. Oh well, I am still happy with my $140 pendant. I wanted to do it in the Japan pavilion, but ran out of time so didn't even get to look there. Everything at DTD was 14K white or yellow gold, no chains. I didn't ask if they sold them separately since I have plenty of chains.

DTD does sell chains, in yellow gold. I did the pick a pearl in the first week of July. We received a large gold pearl. (3rd rarest to find) We picked out a heart shaped cage pendent and a gold chain, all yellow gold. It was/is beautiful. We gave it to my sister for her b-day.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter