Pick a Pearl questions

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
We're going to do this in Epcot when we go. I have a couple questions:

1. How long does it take JUST to pick your pearl?
2. If you decide to have a ring made, how long does that take?
3. When you buy your pearl cage at Disney does that include the chain, or is that extra?
4. Does anyone have links to a good place to buy sterling silver cages that are cheaper than Disney?
5. Do they have any jewelery options that are good for really small children? Or boys?

We're going to do this in Epcot when we go. I have a couple questions:

1. How long does it take JUST to pick your pearl?
2. If you decide to have a ring made, how long does that take?
3. When you buy your pearl cage at Disney does that include the chain, or is that extra?
4. Does anyone have links to a good place to buy sterling silver cages that are cheaper than Disney?
5. Do they have any jewelery options that are good for really small children? Or boys?

1. About 10 minutes, maybe not including waiting in line
2. Couple hours. They give you a ticket and you pick it up later
3. Included
4. Ebay and etsy
5. Mostly it's glued on, so cage would probably be your best bet

5 I didn't buy one myself, but I saw a recommendation on here for a small sand-filled bottle on a leather cord as a suggestion for boys. I'd search Etsy or EBay for such a thing. My daughter was happy to take her pearl with no setting, so I didn't look long at the selection, but I didn't notice anything "boy" at the Japan pick a pearl shop.

We did this just last week. It takes only about ten minutes including the whole chant, beating of the drum, that they do. If you have it put in a setting they will give you a ticket with a pick up time on it. For us it was three hours, but it just depends on how many others they are setting. My daughter bought a cute little open clam setting that the pearl goes inside of. It's adorable! I think the cost was $29.95. The chain was not included. They did use glue and also put a tiny hole in the pearl to attatch it to the setting. I don't know if they always make the hole or if it depends on which setting you choose. Anyway, you can't tell that it has a hole. Picking the pearl is a fun memorable experience and it makes a great souvenir. Have fun on your trip!

We brought a cage when we returned as the price there I thought was a little steep. However, it is a fab experience and my DD loved doing it, and even more so giving me the pearl as a present (I wasn't allowed to know, even though I did.. bless her)

1. How long does it take JUST to pick your pearl? Depending on the line, not long at all. A few minutes. If there are several people in front of you, it may take longer.

2. If you decide to have a ring made, how long does that take? At least several hours. If we do this during the day, we pick it up in the evening.

3. When you buy your pearl cage at Disney does that include the chain, or is that extra? We did a traditional bail setting, much like this one without the dangle.
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e5/10/0b/e5100b0f51fc4978a03ec3430037e1cf.jpg
The chain was NOT included. I feel like the price was around $60-ish for the pearl, white gold setting and sterling chain.

4. Does anyone have links to a good place to buy sterling silver cages that are cheaper than Disney? I've seen them on ebay.

5. Do they have any jewelery options that are good for really small children? Or boys? Can't help you here. I think my daughter was 10-ish when we had her first necklace done. On our last trip, she got a silver pearl, so now she has one ivory necklace and a silver pearl one.

I ordered three from ETSY for our upcoming trip. A cinderella carriage for my DD4, a minnie mouse for my DD2 and a pirate skull for my DS6. It was the most "boyish" one I could find and he will think it is cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter