Pick 2 for December Disney Trip

fireside1868

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are going to WDW in December for our first Holiday experience. If you had two choose 2 parks out of 4 which 2 would you choose to get the whole hoilday feel???? :grouphug:

I vote Magic Kingdom and Epcot!

Magic Kingdom for the Main Street decorations and Epcot for the Candlelight Processional (absolutely beautiful!) and the different "stories" of how Christmas is celebrated in the countries in the World Showcase.

Have a great time!

Dis13 said:
I vote Magic Kingdom and Epcot!

Magic Kingdom for the Main Street decorations and Epcot for the Candlelight Processional (absolutely beautiful!) and the different "stories" of how Christmas is celebrated in the countries in the World Showcase.

Have a great time!

Candlelight Processional???? :confused3

Its the telling of the Christmas story by a celebrity narrator (we saw Harry Hamlin). There is a choir and orchestra, which I believe is made up of local singers.

We did the dinner package. We ate at Alfredos and had guaranteed seats for the show. I thought it was defintely worth it.

Is it an event that is extra or you just need a park pass to go. Time? Epcot? Sorry for the dumb ?'s

There is no additional cost to see the show. But unless you're going early in December, and during the week, you may not be able to get a seat. The dining package guarantees you a seat.

We were on the dining plan and were able to do it as a table service (December 2005) credit. Not sure if that's possible this year.

There are two show times for the Candlelight Processional. Both shows are good but it's better to go to the second one because the lights are better when it's dark. It can get chilly during the evening show though.

Thanks for all the advice I did check out Allears and it had great info. I was thinking of going on Saturday night Dec 2nd late show. We are on DDP and eating @ Teppanyaki at 6:45 I might need to change that ressi to about 6:00???

Epcot for Candlelight Processional and MGM for Osborne Lights. I would choose MK if you were willing to pay extra for MVMCP.

I would choose EPCOT and MK too, but the osborne lights are pretty cool.

If I had to pick only 2, I would pick MK and Epcot. Is park hopping an option? I would also want to run over to MGM to check out the Osborne lights.

Epcot and MK. However, the Osborne lights are great. You could got to Epcot and MGM and buy a separate ticket for MVMCP if you could work it out.

I chose Epcot and MGM.

Go to DTD for some local performers in the evenings as well. Go visit the resorts, they all are wonderfully decorated. Check the resorts schedules for their holiday offerings.

There's a Christmas tree in MK, but unless you go after the last MVMCP, I don't think you will miss much Christmasy things by skipping MK.

Bobbi :)

Epcot and MGM. Epcot for all the holiday decor at the countries and those wonderful lights of winter, plus the Candlelight Processional. MGM for the Osborne family lights and teh hot chocolate and "snow".

Hi I'm going 2007 dec 1-10 can you give me insight...this will be my 1st Dec trip I'm really excited, I go every year but usually late sept; also I heard you could get a tree for your room any input on that
Thanks

Two things we wouldn't miss on a holiday trip to WDW-- MK's MVMCP, and MGM's Osborne lights.

GFDiNB said:
Hi I'm going 2007 dec 1-10 can you give me insight...this will be my 1st Dec trip I'm really excited, I go every year but usually late sept; also I heard you could get a tree for your room any input on that
Thanks

You will love it! Get tickets to MVMCP. When you get there, go to Adventure Land first. It's almost always pretty empty durng the first hour or so. If the first parade starts by Splash Mountain (it always did when we were there) walk over to the area by Splash Mountain about 20 minutes before the parade. We get there about 15 min before the parade and always get a good spot. Don't go to MVMCP on a Friday night though; too crowded.

See the Osborne Lights at MGM. We always go to the lights like 20 minutes before the park closes and it has never been too crowded. Just make sure that you don't see the lights right after Fantasmic After the show HUGE crowds walk to the lights.

Epcot is beautiful at Christmas! We spend most of our time there. The Candelight Prossesional is unbelievable. If you have small kids they might get bored. But heres a tip. If you want to listen to some of the music but not go to the concert, go hang out at "America" during the concert. You'll hear everything really well.

Two resorts NOT to miss: The Wilderness Lodge, and The Grand Floridian. We usually have a meal in one of the WL restaurants and then hang out in the lobby for a while. GF usually has little concerts through out the week(like a string quartet or a choir) so maybe you could pop by then and take in the stunning decorations.

Downtown Disney is also a must. Very Christmasy (is that a word?) And the shops are great.

Have an absolutely WONDERFUL time!! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter