PI Summer 2013

Just a FYI... As someone who's worked with recruiting and is still with the company. Contacting them wanting to hear a reply is useless. They know you have to make plans. They know you need to know if you take summer classes..Ect. They realize this, but in my opinion... Someone who contacts me after they've been told they will get a reply has no patience and doesn't look well. It is also tracked and they will look at that when making a decision. What people don't understand is our staffing fluctuates and a position we might need now... We might not need in 3 weeks.

Just a FYI... As someone who's worked with recruiting and is still with the company. Contacting them wanting to hear a reply is useless. They know you have to make plans. They know you need to know if you take summer classes..Ect. They realize this, but in my opinion... Someone who contacts me after they've been told they will get a reply has no patience and doesn't look well. It is also tracked and they will look at that when making a decision. What people don't understand is our staffing fluctuates and a position we might need now... We might not need in 3 weeks.

Maybe you can answer a question. Last fall and now this spring, my son has applied to 4 engineering PIs (for spring 2013, summer 2013 and fall 2013). He almost immediately went "interview stage" for the spring 2013 and sat there, no interview whatsoever, until literally the last day of notifications in December, when he went NLIC. Same thing seems to be happening again. Except this time he was immediately "in progress" for the summer and fall
2013. Again, no interviews whatsoever. On Monday, he went NLIC for the summer one, and so far is still "in progress" for the fall one. He doesn't have his hopes up. Luckily he wasn't holding out for Disney and is searching out other more promising internship opportunities. My question is, WHY put someone "interview stage", "in submission", or "in progress" and let them hang out to dry, if Disney has no intentions of interviewing or hiring them?? Why not just go "NLIC" so they could move on? Thanks for letting me rant!

That's what I thought too, that's why I ended up deciding not to email them and wait a couple more weeks. And no you didn't make me upset whatsoever, you were just being honest :) I thank for affirming my belief and letting me know.

Maybe you can answer a question. Last fall and now this spring, my son has applied to 4 engineering PIs (for spring 2013, summer 2013 and fall 2013). He almost immediately went "interview stage" for the spring 2013 and sat there, no interview whatsoever, until literally the last day of notifications in December, when he went NLIC. Same thing seems to be happening again. Except this time he was immediately "in progress" for the summer and fall
2013. Again, no interviews whatsoever. On Monday, he went NLIC for the summer one, and so far is still "in progress" for the fall one. He doesn't have his hopes up. Luckily he wasn't holding out for Disney and is searching out other more promising internship opportunities. My question is, WHY put someone "interview stage", "in submission", or "in progress" and let them hang out to dry, if Disney has no intentions of interviewing or hiring them?? Why not just go "NLIC" so they could move on? Thanks for letting me rant!

I am completely with you. I don't understand why the Summer internships in particular seem to run so long (4 1/2 months for me) and keep your hopes up by not going NLIC until the last minute.

Unfortunately, the hard part about waiting is when other internships are offered by other companies and decisions need to be made by a certain deadline. Of course, Disney is the number one choice, but it is hard to turn down offers by other great companies.

Unfortunately, the hard part about waiting is when other internships are offered by other companies and decisions need to be made by a certain deadline. Of course, Disney is the number one choice, but it is hard to turn down offers by other great companies.

Mer - Has your daughter heard anything on her end for the internship? I wish I knew if anyone has gotten an interview yet. I unfortunately think that this might be the last internship I'm still in the running for. :sad1:

HulaTimon- no she has not heard anything at all. I haven't heard of anyone that has.

Doesn't help that her dashboard is not working since yesterday....is yours working?

She said that it doesn't let her log in. She read other people were having that problem also but theirs were working again.

She said that it doesn't let her log in. She read other people were having that problem also but theirs were working again.

Hmm, weird. I'm sure it will start working again soon. Hopefully they were just working on some updates to the system.

That's ridiculous. I'm sorry that happened to your son.

Still waiting and it's still the same. "In Progress" for one and "Submission" for the other...

Just applied for the Casting Summer PI a few days ago. Don't know how long that will take but I give it the middle of May.

As for the others it is still the same. Broadening my options and still awaiting patiently. Any updates guys? :surfweb:

Just applied for the Casting Summer PI a few days ago. Don't know how long that will take but I give it the middle of May.

As for the others it is still the same. Broadening my options and still awaiting patiently. Any updates guys? :surfweb:

I also applied for a few other summer internships that keep popping up. No change in the Walt Disney Studios PI. I hope you are right about mid-May, I feel it is very strange that they are just posting some of the summer internships now.

I also applied for a few other summer internships that keep popping up. No change in the Walt Disney Studios PI. I hope you are right about mid-May, I feel it is very strange that they are just posting some of the summer internships now.

I also applied for for a couple of summer internships as well as other PI's that I haven't heard from yet for Disney/ABC Studios. I am keeping a positive outlook that we will hear some good news soon :goodvibes Good luck everyone!! Please let us know when you get accepted :grouphug:

I've applied to several internships within the Disney/ABC Television group, along with the Walt Disney Studios PI.... Everything is still in "submission" phase. Hope to hear stuff soon!

Well, I have gotten two NLIC for summer internships including the Walt Disney Studios PI. I have one more internship left. Wishing you all of you luck and hope you are all still in the running!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter