PI questions

kirasaurus

Mouseketeer
if i apply for more than one internship, but I want one internship more than the other, could I be accepted for both and be able to choose? Or does disney essentially say, "here, you got accepted for this one, take it or leave it"?
tia

you're able to preference during your interview which PI is your first choice

i guess my question is, i can preference, but can i be *accepted* for different PIs?
Kirasaurus,

I have the exact same question as you. You want to know if it's like the CP where they accept you, and then tell you which of the roles you applied for you will be doing, or if they tell you, "of all the internships you applied for, these are the roles that are interested in you, which would you like?" I don't know, but because after the initial recruiting phone screen the different internships go to different departments, I would imagine it's up to the departments. Like DFTW probably only offers their roles to only one applicant at a time. So if they make a decision on you first, then you'll hear back first, and they'll give you a short window to decide, and then you'll have to decide whether to wait for something else or take the internship offered.

Though why anyone would turn down a DFTW planner internship waiting for a better one, I don't know.

Kirasaurus,

I have the exact same question as you. You want to know if it's like the CP where they accept you, and then tell you which of the roles you applied for you will be doing, or if they tell you, "of all the internships you applied for, these are the roles that are interested in you, which would you like?" I don't know, but because after the initial recruiting phone screen the different internships go to different departments, I would imagine it's up to the departments. Like DFTW probably only offers their roles to only one applicant at a time. So if they make a decision on you first, then you'll hear back first, and they'll give you a short window to decide, and then you'll have to decide whether to wait for something else or take the internship offered.

Though why anyone would turn down a DFTW planner internship waiting for a better one, I don't know.
i have a feeling that it's department-specific as well, but i want to (hopefully) confirm it.

I was offered two PIs last semester and the answer, in short, is that yes, you get to pick between the two if they accept you for more than one.

I got the call on a Monday telling me I was accepted for Deployment. Excited, I told them I wanted to accept it. I accepted it, and on Tuesday they sent me an email with all the confirming information and such. I filled it out and emailed it back to them. On Wednesday I got another phone call telling me I was also accepted to Guest Comm. She told me that I could now choose between the two, because she saw that I had already accepted Deployment. She said that if I chose to accept Guest Comm, it wouldn't look bad for me then going back and declining the offer for Deployment. She also offered to give me two days to think it over and decide and call back.

I knew right then and there that I wanted Deployment more, so I went ahead and let her know. But the answer to your question is yes, you can get accepted for, and choose between, any of the jobs they offer you. Incidentally, I had also already accepted the invite to extend my CP in Merchandise if I didn't get a PI. Of course, I had to let them know I was declining that offer as well.

It doesn't look bad. Don't worry! And I absolutely LOVE my new job! :) Good luck to you!

It seems like a lot (if not all) of the PIs want you to have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Do they really check that? Even if you're really well qualified in all the other aspects that they want? I ask because I really want to apply for DFTW PI once my CP is coming to an end. I've worked in the wedding industry for several years and my (current) boss, is going to get me more involved with direct planning of our weddings before my CP. I want that PI so badly, but I'm afraid my GPA is going to mess me up. And my GPA isn't awful, it's around 2.78-ish. I'm just really hoping that a few bad semesters aren't going to ruin my dreams of working at DFTW. :confused3

I don't remember telling them my GPA at all when I applied for my PI. However, my GPA is higher than a 3.0, so that wasn't something that I would have thought about. (sorry, I'm not trying to sound boastful, just trying to help)

I really don't think you're GPA has a very big influence. They look at networking and experience first. Networking is HUGE when getting a PI. Most importantly, tell your managers (if you're doing a CP first) exactly what your plans are because they can help A LOT more than you realize. Try to networks with them, and anyone else. Don't be annoying or overly in their face about stuff. Just make sure they're aware that you'd like to do job shadows, or are willing to talk to people.

Experience is really big too. In the interview they ask a lot of questions about "Tell me about a time when..." I hated those. But don't feel like you have to spout out an answer right away. I interviewed three times for PIs and it wasn't until my final interview when I told my interviewer, "I'm sorry, it always takes me a long time to think of a good example..." she responded with, "It's okay. Take as long as you need. Most people like to think about their answer for a while." That's the interview where I actually got accepted for two PIs!

In short: Play up your experience. Try to network, at least with just your home location managers. Disney usually looks at things like year in school, GPA, and other such things last. Good luck!! :)

Does anyone have any advice for this situation?

I found out the other day by skimming the PDF of Alumni Only PI roles to find that NGE Project Management role added on since I applied (and interviewed) for the MK and DTD Project Support roles. I called yesterday and was told that I would need to apply again for that position by itself. Great I thought! Go to apply, and I can't submit another application for a role I've already applied for. Call again about a half hour later explaining what happened...5 minutes on hold and I'm told if I log off my dashboard and apply again, things should work. Knowing what happened the first time, I verified whether that meant a new account needed to be made or if it would just work. They said it would work...and it didn't. It asks you to log in and the same error occurs. My plan is to call again tomorrow, but I don't want to sound like a fool at this point, but I'm really interested in the NGE role and it's similar to the MK and DTD ones I applied to already so I thought this might be easier.

Thoughts? Any suggestions?! (sorry for the long story! haha)

Thanks!

Sounds like a weird problem... I applied for some extra roles just hours before my phone interview. And then I told them in the interview about those roles, just in case. But as I recall I just kind of added them onto the application, using the same account. I just logged in and applied for them. Weird that you're getting errors... Don't feel silly calling because that is kind of a weird case. Did you try opening it in a different web browser?

Sorry I'm not much help!

Sounds like a weird problem... I applied for some extra roles just hours before my phone interview. And then I told them in the interview about those roles, just in case. But as I recall I just kind of added them onto the application, using the same account. I just logged in and applied for them. Weird that you're getting errors... Don't feel silly calling because that is kind of a weird case. Did you try opening it in a different web browser?

Sorry I'm not much help!

I appreciate any advice! Ya, I have tried a few different browsers and it always asks to sign in and cant find anywhere else that I could possibly edit the application. Like I said before, I've already had my first interview too so I bet that locks things.

Sooo I will more than likely try calling tomorrow!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter