PI 10 help needed

Fast Pass

DIS Veteran
I bought PhotoImpact 10 the other day and have figured it out for the most part but I am running into problems with coloring pages.

At first I scanned a page as a photo and the picture on the other side showed through so I then scanned the page as black/white text/picture. The picture came out perfect but I couldn't color or do anything with it without getting the "select active object first" message.
I tried to scan the image as magazine but the picture on the other side showed through again.

So in short how do you get the coloring pages scanned into PI so you can do the magic wand and paintbrush and stuff like that? I have heard that you have to outline everything in a Sharpie but since the picture is already in black outline would I still need to do this?
Thanks for any help. Special thanks to Julia and Nicks Mom for suggesting PI-it is my first imagine software and can't believe how quick I picked it up.

when you have the image open - cut the picture - you can put your arrow on it an click - the hit Ctrl-X and then paste (ctrl-V) right away - this makes the image a layer instead of the base image and then you will be able to color it

Thanks, I never would have guessed doing it that way. I am going to try it later on today when I can have a few moments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter