• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PHXscuba's Club 33 Christmas

Hello, Markie Mouse! :wave2: Welcome aboard!

I still can't believe I have no pictures of me at Disneyland when I was a teenager, considering how many times I went. I may have to raid my parents' albums next time I visit to see what they have that I don't.

My mother was orphaned by age 12 and all she had was one box of unlabeled photos of her parents and extended family -- that's it. So she was meticulous with taking and labeling photos and putting them in albums for us.

The waiting is hard but it is getting close now -- 44 days! How long until your trip?

PHXscuba
It almost 5 months for me. Its my DD first school summer vacation. I'm so happy I worked hard enough to buy enough tech to archive most of our memories. With the amount of cameras, lenses and software there should be no reason my kids won't have enough pics to look back on. I'm jealous I was never creative enough to think of doing a legacy pic, or a certain pic we take every trip that is unique enough it feel like our own spot.

I was leaning towards "C" but after thinking for a bit maybe "B" is better. Then there is more time to coordinate what to wear with it.

Hello there!

I have just sat and read your whole report and enjoyed every minute of it! Your family is such a happy one and your pics certainly capture that! I am so envious that you have all those wonderful childhood memories from being in the park! My first visit wasn't until 1998 an I was 30!!! I suppose living all the way over here in Australia could have something to do with it!

There were lots of things you mentioned on the way that I found myself chuckling at and nodding my head in agreement. I still have the Gitchie Gitchie Goo song stuck in my head! We love Phineas and Ferb too, but especially Perry as he is Australian after all!;) I have to say that one of my favourites is "my goody two shoes brother, the favourite of my mother.........."!!!!!

We are back to Disneyland next year for the biggest trip we have ever embarked on! We will be visiting 4 castles ( Hong kong, Tokyo, WDW and DL ) and will be renewing our wedding vows in Vegas for our 20th anniversary:love: I am keeping myself busy in the mean time by reading lots of Disboards material!!!:thumbsup2

I am very much looking forward to reading along with the rest of your plans. I couldn't agree with you more in the fact that Disneyland need to release their information sooner. It can be very difficult trying to get things sorted, ( especially from overseas ) when you can only see things 6 weeks out. I like you, am an uber planner. And like you, am a super saver!!! Hence the having nearly 2 years to plan next years big trip!

I love the shirts you have and I am a huge fan of having special park shirts! My DD and I just did a mother daughter trip for Halloween last year, and I had 4 shirts made especially! She is nearly 16 and didn't want to wear any "made specially" ones, but was quite happy to wear Disney store purchased ones!!!

Oh, I am another vote for "B"!!!

Looking forward to more!:)

I was leaning towards "C" but after thinking for a bit maybe "B" is better. Then there is more time to coordinate what to wear with it.

Hello there!

I have just sat and read your whole report and enjoyed every minute of it! Your family is such a happy one and your pics certainly capture that! I am so envious that you have all those wonderful childhood memories from being in the park! My first visit wasn't until 1998 an I was 30!!! I suppose living all the way over here in Australia could have something to do with it!

There were lots of things you mentioned on the way that I found myself chuckling at and nodding my head in agreement. I still have the Gitchie Gitchie Goo song stuck in my head! We love Phineas and Ferb too, but especially Perry as he is Australian after all!;) I have to say that one of my favourites is "my goody two shoes brother, the favourite of my mother.........."!!!!!

We are back to Disneyland next year for the biggest trip we have ever embarked on! We will be visiting 4 castles ( Hong kong, Tokyo, WDW and DL ) and will be renewing our wedding vows in Vegas for our 20th anniversary:love: I am keeping myself busy in the mean time by reading lots of Disboards material!!!:thumbsup2

I am very much looking forward to reading along with the rest of your plans. I couldn't agree with you more in the fact that Disneyland need to release their information sooner. It can be very difficult trying to get things sorted, ( especially from overseas ) when you can only see things 6 weeks out. I like you, am an uber planner. And like you, am a super saver!!! Hence the having nearly 2 years to plan next years big trip!

I love the shirts you have and I am a huge fan of having special park shirts! My DD and I just did a mother daughter trip for Halloween last year, and I had 4 shirts made especially! She is nearly 16 and didn't want to wear any "made specially" ones, but was quite happy to wear Disney store purchased ones!!!

Oh, I am another vote for "B"!!!

Looking forward to more!:)

OK, so it appears 'B' is the most popular option. I think that will make it a surprise but just in case DS has his heart set on wearing something else on his birthday (probably his Perry the Platypus shirt) we can switch the days.

Welcome aboard Minnie Sue Oz!! Now I can claim a world-wide readership! :woohoo: I am very jealous that you will get to visit all of those parks next year. Is it all in one trip, both Asia and America?

More on the park hours, next post ....

PHXscuba

All right, so here's a head-scratcher. As you all know, I have been obsessively stalking the Disneyland site for park hours. :furious: Our first park day finally went up this morning. :yay:

I was initially excited that DCA will open at 9:00, because that would mean an 8:00 EMH -- much better than the 7:00 I was projecting. But then I saw this (screenshot):

Screenshot2013-01-28at103637AM_zpsc7b5f883.png

Have they ever done a two-hour EMH?? I have to think this is a glitch, that perhaps at one point they were going to have a regular open at 8:00 and the EMH was set from that. I reeeaaaallly don't want to get up for a 7:00 EMH, but wow! two hours would be great.

Stay tuned ... at least now I can start filling in some of the stuff like Aladdin, World of Color, etc. I am hoping they will post another new day for the next few days.

PHXscuba

Hello :)

Just spent all day reading (er I mean working) your entire pre trip report.

I liked all the old pictures. Looks like you start your trip a few days after I return from mine, so I think I'll be reading your trip report as a buffer to my depression that my own trip is over.

Ya know, I've never really thought I was the type to have kids, but reading pre trip reports like this one makes me want to. Looks like your family is going to have a lot of fun :thumbsup2

Just wanted to say you have a beautiful family, and I'm enjoying your PTR. Also, are you sure we aren't the same person with the same dh?

I agree that planning is half the fun (or more!) My DH worries that I spend some much time planning that there is no way the trip can live up to what I've built up. Well, so far my planning for vacations has saved us a lot of time and money, even if everything doesn't go perfectly. And I have fun for months, not just one week of travel.

This is me & my dh exactly! :rotfl2: He always worries about how much I plan, but then is always grateful that I do, and realizes that it was worth it. I just try not to bug him too much with plans & ideas I have, unless I really need his input. Thankfully the dis boards help me get my fix!

Hello :)

Just spent all day reading (er I mean working) your entire pre trip report.

I liked all the old pictures. Looks like you start your trip a few days after I return from mine, so I think I'll be reading your trip report as a buffer to my depression that my own trip is over.

Ya know, I've never really thought I was the type to have kids, but reading pre trip reports like this one makes me want to. Looks like your family is going to have a lot of fun :thumbsup2

Welcome OhioStateBuckeye! We lived in NE Ohio for 4 years while DH was in grad school. I am cold just thinking about it right now.

Thanks for the compliment on my kids. We enjoy them when they're not being numbskulls (with teens it's intermittent). They behave pretty well on trips so we'll keep traveling!

Just wanted to say you have a beautiful family, and I'm enjoying your PTR. Also, are you sure we aren't the same person with the same dh?

This is me & my dh exactly! :rotfl2: He always worries about how much I plan, but then is always grateful that I do, and realizes that it was worth it. I just try not to bug him too much with plans & ideas I have, unless I really need his input. Thankfully the dis boards help me get my fix!

Thanks for reading, tbgmom! I think every family has the Dis nut and the spouse who loves us. :lovestruc He knows it's what makes me happy so he rolls with it. I try to include things I know he'll like -- food places, rides, hotel, etc. Other than that, he's happy to take pictures and be with the family.

That's also one reason I think we'll make it back to Disney World -- things there that excite him. He'd like to dive the Epcot aquarium again, and he liked the idea of the backstage animal trek (remember the tiger picture?) in Animal Kingdom. So I am plotting just a little for that in the future. ::yes::

PHXscuba

So the Disney Parks blog just posted that the Princess Fantasy Faire will open Mar. 12 ... the first day we plan to be in Disneyland (after spending day 1 in DCA). Anyone have any idea how this will affect the park overall? I doubt we'd try to go -- my girls at almost-14 and almost-11 think they are too big for princesses :sad2: and I certainly wouldn't wait in an opening-day-sized line for it. But I wonder if it will increase the amount of people in the park that day or just in that area?

PHXscuba

So the Disney Parks blog just posted that the Princess Fantasy Faire will open Mar. 12 ... the first day we plan to be in Disneyland (after spending day 1 in DCA). Anyone have any idea how this will affect the park overall? I doubt we'd try to go -- my girls at almost-14 and almost-11 think they are too big for princesses :sad2: and I certainly wouldn't wait in an opening-day-sized line for it. But I wonder if it will increase the amount of people in the park that day or just in that area?

PHXscuba

I would be willing to hazard a guess that they will be at least nearly as busy as they are for a new ride. We were there the week they opened WoC and boy was it BUSY.

I was thinking it might increase the crowds a little, but there's lots of people that don't bother with the Princess Fantasy Faire. If spring break crowds start that week....it will be busy......lol

I would be willing to hazard a guess that they will be at least nearly as busy as they are for a new ride. We were there the week they opened WoC and boy was it BUSY.

I was thinking it might increase the crowds a little, but there's lots of people that don't bother with the Princess Fantasy Faire. If spring break crowds start that week....it will be busy......lol

I know it will be busy right in that PFF area. I wouldn't mind poking around (without getting in line for the princesses), but I don't think I'd be able to see much with all the people in the way. We'll see. I'm building some big breaks into the schedule and I could see sending most everyone back to the hotel and just wandering around solo or with one of the kids.

So the hours for ALL of my days were finally up as of Thursday!!:cool1: One thing that surprised me is that there are NO fireworks and NO Fantasmic the Monday through Thursday we will be in the parks. And every day is 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. in both parks. If Disney is not prepared with staff for spring-break crowds it could make for some long lines. I can live without the fight for a Fantasmic spot and I'm only a little disappointed about not seeing the fireworks from inside the park (we can watch from somewhere in DTD on Sunday night).

PHXscuba

I think that if they were expecting big crowds they would have both Fantasmic and WoC on more.

Wahoo! Wahoo!! Wahoo!!!

I am getting my AP!!!!
:cool1:

Those of you who read from the beginning know how I was plotting to get an AP this year ... but was about to give up hope that the discounts would justify it.

So BlackJackDelta (a frequent and very helpful contributor) posted over the weekend about a new hotel discount -- 25% for AP holders -- that runs through Mar. 15 (coincidentally our checkout date).

I called this morning almost afraid to hope that it would apply on my date, to my room type, for both of our rooms ...

I GOT THE AP RATE!!! pixiedust:

The rate saves me $450 on the rooms -- two rooms times 4 nights adds up fast. Getting an AP is about $200 more than my 4-day parkhopper. So I am up $250 already!!

It also means 10% off on food, and the same on souvenirs. I already had the souvenir discount through my Disney VISA, but only when I spend $50 at a time. This means not having to wait and group purchases together -- yeah, like I could get my 4 kids to want stuff from the same store!

I am beyond excited!! This is a dancing-banana occasion! :banana: :banana: :banana:

PHXscuba

Wahoo! Wahoo!! Wahoo!!!

I am getting my AP!!!!
:cool1:

Those of you who read from the beginning know how I was plotting to get an AP this year ... but was about to give up hope that the discounts would justify it.

So BlackJackDelta (a frequent and very helpful contributor) posted over the weekend about a new hotel discount -- 25% for AP holders -- that runs through Mar. 15 (coincidentally our checkout date).

I called this morning almost afraid to hope that it would apply on my date, to my room type, for both of our rooms ...

I GOT THE AP RATE!!! pixiedust:

The rate saves me $450 on the rooms -- two rooms times 4 nights adds up fast. Getting an AP is about $200 more than my 4-day parkhopper. So I am up $250 already!!

It also means 10% off on food, and the same on souvenirs. I already had the souvenir discount through my Disney VISA, but only when I spend $50 at a time. This means not having to wait and group purchases together -- yeah, like I could get my 4 kids to want stuff from the same store!

I am beyond excited!! This is a dancing-banana occasion! :banana: :banana: :banana:

PHXscuba

sweet :cool1:

Yes, it is awesome!!

I have it as room-only, but I would guess they would have moved things around in a package.

PHXscuba

You totally inspired me, so I called to check. I didn't get good news, though. I booked a package, and the discount can't be applied to packages. :confused3 Ah well, at least I tried. Next time...

So, how are your park plans coming along? Have you made any dining reservations yet? Still staying at PPH? It would be fun if we pass each other in the lobby. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter