• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photoshop Lightroom 5

ValinWV

DIS Veteran
I purchased this program about two months ago and have been slowly learning how to navigate. I bought a book "The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Book for Digital Photographers" It has been very helpful. However, I have made it to the chapter on "How to Jump to Photoshop" However, I cannot jump to photoshop.

This are the steps I am doing:
"Photo" then "Edit In" then in the next step it will not let me select "Edit in Photoshop"

Did I need to make a further purchase to do this? I am so confused.

Thank you.

What I was reading was so confusing. I thought both were in the program that I bought. Just a lesser version of Photoshop.

Would Photoshop CC be good to use? I can get that for 9.99 per month. I am not a professional, but I do like to make the photos I print look the best that they can.

I appreciate any input.

At $120 per year... Always having the most up to date version, it's a pretty fair deal.

That said, you are unlikely to use most of the features. I do 90% of my editing in lightroom... So for me, it's a question of whether photoshop is worth the other 10%.

I think that you should be fine with just using Lightroom; unless there's some particular feature it's lacking.

Thank you guys for sharing information with me. This has really helped. I believe I will wait and see if there are some features that Photoshop offers that i really must have before investing any further cost into the purchase or online service. :)

That said, you are unlikely to use most of the features. I do 90% of my editing in lightroom... So for me, it's a question of whether photoshop is worth the other 10%.

This

I hated Elements and threw the disc in the trash eventually. Love Lightroom though and it's all I use. Instead of buying the LR5 upgrade, I signed up for CC and I'm stuck with a year's subscription and haven't used Photoshop once in the 4 months I've had it :rolleyes:

Instead of buying the LR5 upgrade, I signed up for CC and I'm stuck with a year's subscription and haven't used Photoshop once in the 4 months I've had it :rolleyes:

I am the other way: signed up for CC and rarely use Lightroom because I am more familiar with PS and I use layers a lot. $10/month is not a bad deal for PS, for Lightroom only it may be better to just purchase it.

I finally bit the bullet and signed up for cc for $10 per month.
Don't see myself becoming a heavy photoshop user. Don't think I'll learn all the in depth uses.

But I certainly see the value in content aware brushes, basic layering. And in the one picture I tried it with, I was very impressed by camera shake sharpening.

I use both PS and LR equally now. LR is my image management and basic RAW processor, PS is for more. I prefer working in Photoshops layers where I can easily turn them on and off when I need to. I also open my RAW files up from LR in PS as a smart object so that I can still tweak those RAW settings (you do not need LR to do this, ACR will as well). I think that's the biggest advantage for me when using them both together. But it all comes back to what you need to do with your images. If you just want basic corrections LR will probably do.

I started my CC subscription when they first offered the service and I have the subscription that covers all Adobe products because we use more than just PS and LR in our house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter