• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photoshop help!

CheerExtreme

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone who makes those name things with the characters in the background could tell me how to do it? I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0. If anyone could help me that would be wonderful!

Right click and save the image to your computer and then open it while in the program.

It will open up in it's own file, then you can either create layers to that file and save it as a PSD or open a new file and drag the image/graphic to that new file. I hope this helps.

I was wondering if anyone who makes those name things with the characters in the background could tell me how to do it? I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0. If anyone could help me that would be wonderful!

Here is another way as well: (first let me say that I just got PSE 6 and do not claim to be an expert)

1. Use a mask for your text (place your cursor on the text tool -- it looks like a "T"; click and hold. you will be given 4 choices, one will be horizontal mask text. click on it)
2. Type your text onto the photo. Your text will show-up with dotted lines.
3. Then go to "image" and click on "copy merge"
4. Your text and image will be merged together now
5. Paste this merged image onto another background.

I hope I got all the steps correctly.

Thanks SO much! I am so excited! I have already started to make designs! One last question...sorry! :( I was wondering how to make a cutout of a mickey mouse ears with a certain background...such as the way one DISigner did this with the zebra background... http://wdwpsp.smugmug.com/gallery/4038456#235107186

CheerExtreme,

I have not figured that one out yet. I am still learning as well. One of the real DISigners will have to help you on that. I just responded because I didn't want to ignore your post. If I figure it out before anyone else reponds, I'll send you a note.

Good luck!!

I do it the same way as the tutorial I sent you earlier. Instead of filling text with the background, you will be filling the shape with the background. So as you work through the tutorial, wherever they mention text, substitute that with your mickey ears shape. After you learn the technique you can use it many different ways.

Thanks Amy...Suzi when you figure out tell me! See the thing is though that on that Tutorial that you gave me, I would get all the way to the last step, but it won't work. I don't know why?

Here's another way to try:

1. Make your Mickey head shape then make sure all visible layers are merged (Layers Menu) together.

2. Turn the background transparent.

3. Use the Stroke Tool (Edit Menu) to create the border.

4. Turn the inside of the head transparent and fill the outside with white. This creates a "mask" that you can save and then put whatever you wnat behind it.

To make it a stand alone gif merge all layers and turn the background transparent.

Use the magic eraser. If you right click on the eraser tool 3 options should appear. The 3rd option should have a little star on it. Use it like the fill tool to "fill" the background with transparent "stuff". LOL

MagicEraser.gif

After you create the Mickey head you'll turn the inside transparent. After you're all done you can turn the outside transparnet if you wish to use it on the 'net. If you're printing it for a shirt you can just leave it white.

Thanks Amy...Suzi when you figure out tell me! See the thing is though that on that Tutorial that you gave me, I would get all the way to the last step, but it won't work. I don't know why?

Hi CheerExtreme
Sorry if my first message did not work for you. That was me trying to figure it out. I have since purchased a book. I will type the instructions on placing a picture inside text for you (it came from Photoshop Elements 6 for Dummies)

1. Open the image of your choice
2. Convert your backgound into a layer by double-clicking the word "background" on the layers panel and then click "OK"
3. Choose the Horizontal Type Mask tool from the Tools panel and then click the image where you want your text
4. Specify your type options, such as font family, style, and size on the Options bar
5. Type your desired text. When you're done, click the Commit button on the options bar (I think they mean the green check mark)
a selection border in the shape of your type appears on your image
6. Choose Select, then Inverse, which deselects your letter selections and selects everything else.
7. Press the backspace key to delete everything outside your selections border.
your type is now filled with your image
8. Choose Select, then deselect

Hopefully this will work better than the my first instructions.

I ended up figuring it out. Thanks a ton! What book did you get? I am going out today to the book store to get one and just didn't know which one was the best. Again, Thanks a billion!

I ended up figuring it out. Thanks a ton! What book did you get? I am going out today to the book store to get one and just didn't know which one was the best. Again, Thanks a billion!

I got Photoshop Elements 6 for Dummies. I have not tried any other books for comparison. It is working fine for me so far, but I am truly a beginner. I just downloaded PSE 6 for a free trial in Dec and just recently purchased it. So, the Dummies book is great for me. If you are more advanced, you may consider another book.

Good Luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter