Photoshop Elements

I am having trouble using my desktop computer as there isn't enough HD space for all the photos and video clips. I also do not like Window's Movie Maker.

I was thinking about getting a new laptop. Dell has one that I can include the Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere Elements. I can also get the same Dell laptop at FS with Roxio Creator 10 instead of the Adobe Software for less money.

Has anyone used this software to edit and make a movie? Did you like it? I need a good program that will allow me to put the DVD into a DVD player.

have you considered just getting an external hard drive and moving your pics and videos to that to free up HD space on your desktop..

Yes, that is an option also but then I still also need to purchase a software program that will do the DVD editing. That's going to cost at least $200 (approx $100 for each).

The desktop has only a P4-2G and 1 G Ram.

The Dell that I have been looking at has Intel Core 2 Duo T6500, 2.1 GHz, 4 GB Ram and 320 GB Hard Drive. One comes with the Roxio Creator 10 and the other I would upgrade at a lower cost than purchasing seperately and have Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere Elements. The cost of those is $700 or $769.

The laptop would mean I could take it with me to WDW and also use it in other rooms in my house.

Well, I hated to have to get another computer-but I think that was the best option.

The software for making movies, more Hard Drive and more RAM for the computer I already have was about half the price of the laptop.

I just hope that I don't need anything else-I shouldn't.

Hi all. I just got Adobe elements 7.0. So, I just edited about 20 photos. Do I need to save each one individually? If so, do I save as jpg or psd? And, what is the best way to name edited photos? I am really confused and I am sure this is very easy. Also, do I create new folder and save in there? Please help.........(and please explain like I am in kindergarten:)

option 1)to save individually, when you close them from the editor you can save them. on mine a box pops up and asks if you want to save the changes you made, you click "yes" and another box pops up. you can select what you want to save them as( a scroll down list pops up that includes tiff, jpg etc). you can either save them in the same folder with the same name as they originally were in( that's what will pop up after you click "yes" ) or make a new folder and /or new name and save them there. ( to rename, you select the old number of the image in the bar in the box that pops up, and type in IE "uncle ned" instead , then it will automatically add the "jpg"/tiff/psd or whatever type file you chose suffix when it saves it. you select the folder via the top address box ) i personally save them in another folder, just so they are easier for me to find and some i name so i can identify them easier some i just leave the number of the name. i can tell them apart by the "jpg" suffix .

option 2)if you want to save them all to the same place you can go to "file", "process multiple files" and a box will open that you can scroll for "all opened files", then enter the folder you want to save in and enter the type of file, then it will save them all to the same place( i don't think you can rename them individually this way, just like the number and maybe something generic for all of them like "summer 09")

. if you are done editing them you can save as jpg. it only degrades if you keep opening it and a lot of places you need jpg to get printed or post. if you aren't done editing you might want to save as tiff or psd but the psd you won't be able to view in all programs, basically just in a photoshop program which is a pain. once i convert to jpg, i save them as the largest size jpg but that is because some i sell and they ask for the largest file size possible in jpg.another box will pop up with those options once you change it to jpg and select the folder you are saving to.

I am having a really hard time finding a decent comparison between these two. Are there things that Photoshop Elements can do that Paint.net can't? Is one easier to use than the other?

I am trying to decide if I should buy Photoshop Elements. There is a $20 rebate available right now and Amazon has it for just over $50 before the rebate...making it a great deal at just over $30 after rebate.

Of course, if I can do everything in Paint.net, which is free, then why spend the extra $?

I don't know anything about Paint.net but I recently bought PSE7. I've had Corel Paint Shop Pro X for a couple of years, but I never got the hang of it. I decided to get PSE7 because every book, tutorial and anything I could find about digital photography used PSE as examples on how to do things. There was practically nothing about Paint Shop out there.

I bought the book the Missing Manual for PSE7 and I've already learned and done so much more than I did with Paint Shop Pro. I guess it depends on your computer expertise, but I had never used these types of programs before and needed something I could refer back to, that is a book.

I've heard good things about Gimp, which is also free, but I've never tried it.

don't know anything about paint.net. however the adobe rebate is only good if you have a previous version of editing software. it has a qualifying list on the rebate form on amazon. my pse5 just died so i probably will pick it up since that is the cheapest i've seen it so far.

i just ordered it off amazon, but it is back up to 62.99 pre rebate. still a good price since journey ed was 65 and costco was 70

Photoshop is *the* standard. It is the most likely to be around when you want to open your files in ten years. Some of the lesser known programs, even ones by major manufacturers, have gone by the wayside and their proprietary files are difficult or impossible to open now (mix, fpx, etc).

As for the free programs, they are worth every penny we paid for them! ;)

I just purchased a scanner, and wouldn't you know it came with Photoshop Elements 6. I already have (and use) PE6, so I just wanted to see if there was anyone else that might put it to good use.

If you're interested, just PM me your address and I'll send it to you in the mail.

Ann

To all of you that PM'd me about getting PE6 from me, thanks for the interest. I am going to send it to the first PM I received, if it was you---you'll be getting a PM from me shortly.

Thanks!
Ann

rats Ann, you couldn't have posted this last week before i wasted money on 7 since my 5 died? :rotfl:
i just installed it and, oh well it least it looks like it's updated some. if only i could have used painterx with 16 bit and not just 8 bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter