• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photos while Parasailing

princesdi

Mouseketeer
This may sound dumb but I have heard the view while parasailing is like 5 minutes of heaven---do you take your camera with and if so how do you secure it so you don't lose it??

Andy (Verandah Man) has some nice photos from parasailing...hopefully he'll see this thread and pipe in.

I took a underwater camera with me just in case it fell. I used the rubberband holder it and wrapped it around my wrist. I know you can't really zoom in on things but it took great pictures. I would feel awful if I took my digital camera and it fell into the water.

Marypoppinsiam said:
I took a underwater camera with me just in case it fell. I used the rubberband holder it and wrapped it around my wrist. I know you can't really zoom in on things but it took great pictures. I would feel awful if I took my digital camera and it fell into the water.

Glad to hear the pictures came out good. I'm planning on doing this same thing in September at CC.

I took my underwater digital and kept the strap around my wrist. The only reason I was talked into parasailing was so that I could get good pictures...but then our boat driver took us all the way to Abaco (no kidding!) and I didn't get any pics of Castaway Cay or the ship afterall.

Take my advice...if it looks like your driver is heading out away too far, SAY SOMETHING! I wish we would have!

Marypoppinsiam said:

Ditto.....I did the exact same thing!!! :thumbsup2

lrodptl said:
If I knew how to add it here I have 2 30 second videos of my parasailing at CC.

Unfortunately, the boards have restrictions placed for security purposes that don't allow things live Flash, JavaScript, and Video; the best you can do is post to another website and provide a link.

I can't take credit for this photo since I have never done any parasailing. A friend of mine took this picture with a waterproof camera, I added the frame and dropshadow.

figgyparasailing.jpg

Jeff

When my dd and I just did the parasailing, we took up a disposable water camera. What I WISH I brought was one of those disposable camcorders that CVS sells for about $20.00. We thought of it too late, but it would have been great to have one.

We took a waterproof disposable up in the air with us and the pictures turned out fine. We had someone on the boat take pics of us with our digital. It was fun seeing both sides.

I'm thinking of surprising my DH with the parasailing on our next cruise. We had it scheduled for one of our cruises but it was cancelled because of wind. I'll probably try to get him out for the last scheduled one of the day because I know he won't want to miss any time with me and Amelia.

CRSNDSNY said:
I'm thinking of surprising my DH with the parasailing on our next cruise. We had it scheduled for one of our cruises but it was cancelled because of wind. I'll probably try to get him out for the last scheduled one of the day because I know he won't want to miss any time with me and Amelia.

That will be a nice surprise for EB!!! :thumbsup2

YES!!! :Pinkbounc DEFINTELY take a waterproof camera!!! :bounce:

We went parasailing, and we were afraid to take our digital on the boat with us, and we forgot our underwater disposable. I would NOT bring a good camera with you parasailing, as there is a good chance that you and your belongings WILL get wet. A couple parasailing with us brought their good digital AND their camcorder, and both got SOAKED!!!
But after seeing the view, we were really sad that we had forgotten our underwater camera. Next time we will be SURE to have it with us!!!

HAVE FUN :teeth:
And just for the record...I'm jealous :rolleyes: !!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter