Photos or Videos of Forbidden Journey in WWoHP

BalooLibLady

Earning My Ears
I was hoping to take a video of the Forbidden Journey for my mother-in-law who isn't traveling with us. More specifically what we will see on our way to the ride itself. She really wanted to come but didn't want to leave my father-in-law alone for a week (he doesn't like to travel). So I hoped this would give her an idea of what it's like.
Does anyone know if they allow you to video and/or photograph? I won't bother to bring the camcorder if it is not allowed as this is probably the only place I would use it.

Yes, photography is allowed in the queue. You just want to make sure that you can secure your small camera somewhere to ride because if you can't it will need to be stored in the locker which is before you get in line. You can't take bags on the ride but you can use a waist pack. If your camcorder is big, it will not be allowed to stay with you when you ride. In that case, the alternative is to do the castle tour and take all the pictures and videos you like and then go store your camera and get in line for the ride.

Do you think it would be safe in the pocket of cargo shorts? My DS wears them all the time and I know the camera would fit. I don't use a waist bag anymore. I carry a bag on my back, but it is one of those canvas bags that is kind of like a shopping bag size but has cords to use it as a backpack. Could I get away with just turning that around and wearing it in front of me?

^Unfortunately no. Anything that can not fit in a pocket or in a waist pack must go in a locker.

I normally bring my Kodak ZX5 waterproof video and still camera. I have a wrist strap that secures it to my wrist. I take it on all rides and hold it in my hand. I have only had one ride tell me it has to go in my pocket and that's dragons challenge.

This past trip I got some cool pictures of inside FJ with the lights on after a temporary break down.

Do you think it would be safe in the pocket of cargo shorts? My DS wears them all the time and I know the camera would fit. I don't use a waist bag anymore. I carry a bag on my back, but it is one of those canvas bags that is kind of like a shopping bag size but has cords to use it as a backpack. Could I get away with just turning that around and wearing it in front of me?

The cargo shorts is the perfect solution.

Sneaking the camera in your pocket is a great idea. Make sure it zips or buttons up tightly because the ride lifts you at awkward (but fun) angles so you don't want to risk the chance of it slipping out.

Also, I have found lots of great youtube videos of FJ that I previewed ahead of time to see if it would be safe/scary for my kids (9 & 10 at the time). Secret...I also view it every now and again if I need a FJ fix. :)

Have a great time! I'm so sorry your MIL can't go. Bring her lots of fun goodies! I brought home Honeydukes dark chocolate bars for my extended family. They loved it!

This is the reason my husband wears cargo shorts at amusement parks. Camera in one pocket and a phone with our tickets, etc in a ziplock bag in another. This is the only thing we have on our family of 3.

I used my video camera on my phone to record the ride. It didn't work. Film was all dark. I don't know it was the camera or it was so dark. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter