• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photos of Guest Decorated Windows

How do you guys pack your assembled decorations if you have them mounted on ribbon/string/some sort of line? I won't have space in my carry-on because I have a laptop and all my camera gear with me and that takes me to my limit, so it needs to go into a checked bag. Do you fold them around something? Box them up? Just wondering how to avoid getting the ribbons tangled. Thanks :goodvibes

I pack them in individual ziplock bags to keep the strings from getting tangled

I was at POP two years ago, and decorated my window with lights and signs..however, Mouskeeping unplugged the lights. They were not on, just plugged in...is this the norm?? We got nervous because noone said anything so we took them down. Are lights allowed?

I was at POP two years ago, and decorated my window with lights and signs..however, Mouskeeping unplugged the lights. They were not on, just plugged in...is this the norm?? We got nervous because noone said anything so we took them down. Are lights allowed?

We had lights up on two windows (corner room) last November at POR and never had an issue. We had them plugged up to a timer so they came on each evening but were off during the day. I haven't heard of anyone else having their lights unplugged ~ maybe it was just that particular mousekeeper?

I was at POP two years ago, and decorated my window with lights and signs..however, Mouskeeping unplugged the lights. They were not on, just plugged in...is this the norm?? We got nervous because noone said anything so we took them down. Are lights allowed? THANKS:confused3

Maybe they unplugged them to vacuum the room, but forgot to plug them back in?

Kislaklan said:
I pack them in individual ziplock bags to keep the strings from getting tangled

Me too!!! Works SUPER well. I had mine numbered so that I knew what string went where and used the contact mini hooks. Use fishing wire, that works well just don't get the really thin one cause it tangles more.

Hello! I'm new to the DISboards so I'm going to share some info and ask some questions. I'm taking my parents for their first ever Disney trip. I've been 3 times but as a chaperone for a school trip and we always stayed off disney property. This trip we will be staying at Pop and looking to go all out. Can anyone tell me if there is a shelf in the window for little figurines?
Also some tips on stuff I bought for anyone looking to get stuff.
None of the Home Depots or Lowes down here (south texas) have the Mickey head paint samples. Walmart still has the paint, but paint samples are just rectangles. In the bday party stuff at Walmart they have "room transformation" kits that have hanging strings of decorations and ones that just stick on walls. I got a princess kit and Mickey kit and each were $6.49. By far my best deal was Dollar Tree that had little mickey, Minnie, Donald and goofy figurines, several coloring books and even these kids work books with printed in color pictures. I'm planning to cut out the characters from the workbooks to decorate.

Hello! I'm new to the DISboards so I'm going to share some info and ask some questions. I'm taking my parents for their first ever Disney trip. I've been 3 times but as a chaperone for a school trip and we always stayed off disney property. This trip we will be staying at Pop and looking to go all out. Can anyone tell me if there is a shelf in the window for little figurines? Also some tips on stuff I bought for anyone looking to get stuff. None of the Home Depots or Lowes down here (south texas) have the Mickey head paint samples. Walmart still has the paint, but paint samples are just rectangles. In the bday party stuff at Walmart they have "room transformation" kits that have hanging strings of decorations and ones that just stick on walls. I got a princess kit and Mickey kit and each were $6.49. By far my best deal was Dollar Tree that had little mickey, Minnie, Donald and goofy figurines, several coloring books and even these kids work books with printed in color pictures. I'm planning to cut out the characters from the workbooks to decorate.

Yes there is a window ledge that will hold your figurines. It is fairly wide so you shouldn't have any problems. If you look at some older posts you will be able to get a better idea of how wide it is. Hope you have a great trip filled with pixie dust!

Yes there is a window ledge that will hold your figurines. It is fairly wide so you shouldn't have any problems. If you look at some older posts you will be able to get a better idea of how wide it is. Hope you have a great trip filled with pixie dust!
. Page 5 has a great pic of a window filled with characters.

. Page 5 has a great pic of a window filled with characters.

Thank you! Thank you!

I've rounded up some small toys representing my parents and I and wanted to make sure they fit somewhere in the room before they made a 21 hour journey over there!

We are headed to POR this fall and I'd love to decorate for Halloween & our daughter's b-day. There are some great ideas and very creative people on this thread!

We are staying in the Royal Rooms and I'm wondering what the window are like there? (We've only ever stayed at POP). Any pics of POR windows? Thanks!

Also, will magnets stick to the doors?

We are headed to POR this fall and I'd love to decorate for Halloween & our daughter's b-day. There are some great ideas and very creative people on this thread!

We are staying in the Royal Rooms and I'm wondering what the window are like there? (We've only ever stayed at POP). Any pics of POR windows? Thanks!

Also, will magnets stick to the doors?

Hi! We stayed at POR last year in a Royal Guest Room (you will love it!). Here are a couple pics of our window and door (yes, magnets will stick to the door).

DSCF4042_zps34b8d859.jpg

DSCF4040_zps4edfd877.jpg

DSC_0097_zps29923c43.jpg

I have really loved reading through all 41 pages of this thread. Y'all are some very creative people. I also got a very important piece of information... a size of the windows at POP. We will be staying at All-Star Sports (I just couldn't abbreviate it) in September and I assume the windows are close to the same size, at least in height. Can anyone correct me if I am wrong and give the proper dimensions?

I'm totally doing this for our trip to POR in January. It may not be too extravagant, but I will definitely do something. DD has plenty of little toys, mostly princesses, to put on the ledge. I may put some of DS's Star Wars toys, since that is now Disney too. One thing I will almost certainly do is make a sign with Wreck-it Ralph and my DIS handle, with the words "Bro, do you even DIS?" in Impact font. I'm not brave enough to put a message board on my door, but anyone from the DIS board who sees the sign in the window can feel free to PM me.
I especially love the stories about mousekeeping coming in and making "adjustments" to the decorations. I have read elsewhere that they do this. I am a little curious what they would do if I were to "accidentally" put a Dora figurine next to DD's princesses. I'm dying to try it just to see what happens:scratchin

We are staying in a family suite at the Music. Do those Windows get enough sunlight to light a solar powered light? Also is the a ledge in those Windows? And finally what are the dimensions? I believe we will have two windows, one in each"room" of the suite, correct? Thanks in advance, we leave in 3 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter