Photos in MK (and other parks)

paras4ri

Wishing upon a star........
I've seen Disney photographers on Main Street but never purchased photos before. I'd like to know what packages are offered and average cost.

Also, in what other locations and parks are pictures offered?

Thanks. :sunny:

I bought an 8 x 10 and I think it was somewhere in the ballpark of $20. It was well worth the money. I'm sorry but I don't remember the exact packages and prices. Hopefully, someone more knowledgable will come along.

I got one 5x7 for around 13 dollars. You can put things on there like the year and move things around like where they put Magic Kingdom or Epcot and add characters sometimes.

We also did a Lilo and Stich one and added their "signatures" to our picture, no extra cost.

This may be a silly question but... how do you pay for these pictures? Can you charge them using your room key, can you use a credit card or do you have to pay cash?

When we were there in April, we purchased photos at Disney MGM, Epcot and MK ... we do this yearly, it is really our only FAMILY Photo! LOL You can buy one 5X7 for around $13 and two for about $20. The Epcot photo is cool because they have us all cupping our hands looking down and then they 'inserted' a Fantasia Mickey in our hands! LOL They did this in MK with my dd, the photographer had her hold out her hand and they put Tinkerbell in her hand, unfortunately, that one didnt come out very well, so we didnt purchase it. The Epcot one has Spaceship Earth in the background and the Studios one has the backdrop of the hat that they have at the end of the street (no idea what to call it LOL). Well worth the money, IMO. We usually bought them, paid for them and had them sent back to our room so they wouldn't get ruined during the day while we ran around.

Does anyone know if they just hang around? My group wants to get a picture in front of Mann's Chinese Theatre (Great Movie Ride) and the Castle and Spaceship Earth. Is there a way to arrange for them to do that?

thanks

I found out something the hard way last year. The four parks do not all use the same photo system. It's a shame they don't do this because it would be so easy to implement. We went to MGM and had pictures taken but we forgot to look at them at the end of the day. I was hoping to look at them at MK but we had to make a special trip back to MGM a couple of days later just to get the pictures.

I've never been offered to have my photo taken by anybody- i would have loved it all those times.

WHERE ARE THESE PHOTOGRAPHERS? do u find them? are there stations??

At MK, they are all up and down Main St. throughout the entire day. If you REALLY needed a picture taken, be there first thing in the morning and the crowds will be fairly thin in your backround. Also, you'd be certain the photographers would be there then. Same with the other parks. I am so surprised you haven't seen them, they are literally right there when you walk into all the parks. Very friendly, and not "in your face" about it. The pictures are fantastic quality and the price is reasonable. Just remember to pick them up at the exit before you go home! It is so easy to forget.

Let's see...

Entrance of MK with the castle in the background
Entrance of MGM with the hat in the background
In front of the Tower of Terror
On the bridge in front of the Tree of Life
Entrance to Epcot with Spaceship earth in the background
The area between Futurewold and World Showcase with Spaceship Earth lit up at night

They are usually out earlier in the day a lot more than later in the afternoon.

Whedrick:
"The area between Futurewold and World Showcase with Spaceship Earth lit up at night"

Didn't know about that one. I will have to try and get one of those. I just love Spaceship Earth all lit up and my pictures don't always come out.

Thanks for the tip.

I'm surprised any one has missed the photographers! Bare in mind the photographers aren't CM's,they are a franchise that has to pay WDW a percentage! So it's really in their best intrest to "grab" everyone!
As well as the main entrances,they are also always near where the main characters are.I'm sure if you asked one to take a picture at a certain location then they could arrange it.
Price wise all the parks tend to be about the same-5x7 @ $15 after tax- again they will try to sell you frames,we normally just get the card frame then get a better one at a later date.
SD:sunny:

We purchased a family photo with Woody and Buzz over by the toy barn.
We waited in line...the photographer disappeared. We really wanted a professional to take our photo. Right as we were getting ready to leave he showed up again. He said he had to "reload" for the next set of digital photos.

Luckily, everyone else in line was nice and let us get our photo taken. I love that photo!

Lisajl

does anyone know if there is a professional photographer where Sorceror Mickey is in MGM Studios.

If I wanted a photographer to take a picture of a certain character and I could we arrange for them to be there when a character comes out???

thanks

I'm not sure about how to arrange having your picture taken, other then to call Disney's photography department, which is separate from the people you see in the parks.

We've had our pic taken an AK and in Epcot. I think this trip we'll get one at MK, and then in December we'll get one from MGM. Lather, rinse, repeat.

We have a Leave a Legacy at Epcot - oh! Maybe we'll get one of those laser engraved thingys they have at Epcot. Who knows!

It's too bad they don't offer these pictures on CD so you could print them yourself.

D4D

Be sure to purchase your photos from any given park all at once... They use to keep them in the system for 4 days... that way you won't have to pay full price for all of them... :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter