• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photos from the week: Here now, more to come....

civileng68

<font color=teal>That May scare the poopy out of m
Should take you to a slideshow, if not, I'll have to adjust it (if it takes you to the gallery, just go there and hit "slideshow").

Anyways, btw, because of so many parties during the week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday), and only one running of MSEP between M-F, the park was absolutey BLASTED last night. Main Street rivaled a July 4 version (not the whole park but at least Main St.). They had the access gates open for exit due to park crowds. It was madness.............all caused by the parties. I like the parties but think they really make life hard on non-party nights. BTW, they extended the hours last night by 2 hours to make up for crowd levels.

http://civileng68.zenfolio.com/p1048219763/slideshow/0ff405211CCCCCC03f000d3P36XGWBG5C9D111111F5F5F5DDDDDD555555cccccc.2

Should take you to a slideshow, if not, I'll have to adjust it (if it takes you to the gallery, just go there and hit "slideshow").

Anyways, btw, because of so many parties during the week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday), and only one running of MSEP between M-F, the park was absolutey BLASTED last night. Main Street rivaled a July 4 version (not the whole park but at least Main St.). They had the access gates open for exit due to park crowds. It was madness.............all caused by the parties. I like the parties but think they really make life hard on non-party nights. BTW, they extended the hours last night by 2 hours to make up for crowd levels.

http://civileng68.zenfolio.com/p1048219763/slideshow/0ff405211CCCCCC03f000d3P36XGWBG5C9D111111F5F5F5DDDDDD555555cccccc.2

I know EXACTLY what you are describing! We were caught off guard last year with the same thing in the first two weeks of October. As they add more party nights per week, MK seems to get more and more crazy on the regular park days. In fact, having only traveled over peak times (Easter/Spring break) until last year, I felt MK was one park that certainly rivalled the insane crowd levels were had been used to dealing with in the past - but I wasn't prepared for them at this time of the year.

Off to check out your link. Hope you're having a fab time. We just got back this week :sad1:

I have to interrupt my viewing of these pics to ask you what camera you are using and what kit you take with you. These are breathtaking. I am photo crazy but a little novice and don't even dream of achieving results like that yet. :worship: That one of Wishes with the first star curving over toward the castle in amazing. Was that taken from BLT/Contemporary?

I was there last year around this time and tried to go to MK on a 'regular' night. I got stuck in the Hub area trying to get away from Main Street (headed to Tomorrowland). There was a point that I could not move forward and could not get back out of the bottleneck. I was literally trapped for 20 minutes. People were screaming and I was getting panicky. It was horrible! I had no choice but to stand there and watch the parade stuck in the middle of a pack of people. Never ever again!!!!!!!

I was there last year around this time and tried to go to MK on a 'regular' night. I got stuck in the Hub area trying to get away from Main Street (headed to Tomorrowland). There was a point that I could not move forward and could not get back out of the bottleneck. I was literally trapped for 20 minutes. People were screaming and I was getting panicky. It was horrible! I had no choice but to stand there and watch the parade stuck in the middle of a pack of people. Never ever again!!!!!!!

We must have been there the same time. I have had a hair raising scary experience being jammed in MK on Easter Sunday, having failed to get out before the fireworks due to the first parade and got stuck for almost 90 minutes trying to get from the Tomorrowland bridge to the exit. THought I was going to pass out. OUr October experience last year was not far off. :scared1:

Now where is the OP? I want info about these gorgeous photos :cool1:

your pictures want to make me want to chunk my camera out the window. amazing.

I have to interrupt my viewing of these pics to ask you what camera you are using and what kit you take with you. These are breathtaking. I am photo crazy but a little novice and don't even dream of achieving results like that yet. :worship: That one of Wishes with the first star curving over toward the castle in amazing. Was that taken from BLT/Contemporary?

That makes two of us that are photo-crazy!!!

I use a Nikon D300 with three lenses (I have a fourth but never use it anymore). I use a Nikon 10mm (fish-eye) f/2.8; a Nikon 35mm f/1.8; and a Nikon 70mm-200mm VR f/2.8.

Not a pro-setup (though the VR lense is very nice!) but, it does all I need. As for the photos.............most all of these were using the 35mm lense.

Here's also a few pics from years past at WDW and DL. They're with an older camera (maybe, not sure as they're older) and lesser lenses, so quality may be reduced but they're some of my faves.

http://civileng68.zenfolio.com/p734018091

BTW, please dont mistake my site showing "pricing" as me pushing the pics here for money. I havent yet figured out how to use the host site and it charges (even me) for photos. However, downloads can be made for free. I'll figure it out here in the next hour or so and post a code, allowing anyone here who wants to download the photos a free download code to download as many photos as they want (assuming you guys want any of them for your desktops or anything..............I'd be delighted :) )

Thank you for sharing those AMAZING pictures. I would love that code for your pictures if ya don't mind :goodvibes

Thank you for sharing your photos, they are wonderful. Enjoyed both slideshows.

More super photos, civil!!

Looks like the key is low ISO and quite long exposure times. They look great.

Hi Dan. Yes the low ISO keeps the photo from getting "noise" in it on long exposures. Long exposures are great as long as u have a tripod. I use a shutter remote as well for fireworks (so as not to bump the camera). Going tonight to focus on taking some zoomed pics of signage from around EPCOT. Signage is always nice to have for nostalgia omce the signs are eventually updated/changed/removed.

How are your parade pictures so lit up? Do they have lights on along the parade path or are you using flash photography during the parade?

Photo threads are usually found on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move this there now.

Feel free to download any of my disney photos for free by using checkout code "thedis".

It works on digital download photos. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter