Photos at Shutters

GrammyGee

Mouseketeer
Can't find much on the Disney website about Shutters - how much do the photos cost and are there any packages? Any way to get discounts ? I know how PhotoPass works at Disney World but I know this is a different company. Thanks, Debbie

Can't find much on the Disney website about Shutters - how much do the photos cost and are there any packages? Any way to get discounts ? I know how PhotoPass works at Disney World but I know this is a different company. Thanks, Debbie

Here is a price list for a 7 night cruise, the 10 & 20 photo packages are the same prices on all cruises, the CD varies based on length of cruise:
163nrc.jpg

:cutie:

are these prices for all 4 ships? im planning a cruise on the Fantasy in 2014, and would like to get an idea on how much to save up for it. I know the prices will probably change a bit before then, but it cant hurt to get an idea.

are these prices for all 4 ships? im planning a cruise on the Fantasy in 2014, and would like to get an idea on how much to save up for it. I know the prices will probably change a bit before then, but it cant hurt to get an idea.

These prices are pretty much the same as they've been since we started cruising in 2008. The only changes have been the 6X8 went from $9.95 to $12.95 recently, and the 10 & 20 photo packages were revamped.

Those are the prices for 7 nights. The unlimited CD is cheaper for shorter sailings since you have fewer photo opportunities.

The book sounds interesting. I've read it only allows 34 pictures though.

I bought the unlimited CD in 2009 for $399 (did not get prints included for that price back then) and while everyone says it is crazy, for professional photographs which I can do with what I want (I made lots of prints and used them in a photo book), it was the best souvenir I've ever bought. But I love photos.

The price list posted above is current for the Fantasy (as of a couple of weeks ago). While it can certainly be hard to think about paying that much for photos, they are usually very good and better than using your own camera. Having said that, we used our own camera for virtually every character greeting and they were good, so we limited outselves to the 10-photo package and picked photos that were truly unique (e.g., pirate night; group shop just before getting on the ship; etc.).

If you are planning ahead and expecting to maximize your Shutters photo opportunities, then I would suggest that you take every possible photo you can. We got quite a few but didn't feel like we were necessarily taking every opportunity, and our Shutters folder was still jam-packed. Over the course of seven days, you could have that thing so full that it would absolutely be worth the money just to buy them all. Plus, virtually all the Shutters photos have relevant borders added to them, which makes them a little neater than just the self-made shots. I guess it's all in what you're wanting to budget for. If you're a photo buff, then go for it!

I wish I had planned ahead for our last cruise, because there are some photos I would have LOVED to have. Thats why im planning on finding out how much it is now, and put that money aside for it. What different picture oppertunities were there on the Fantasy besides the obvious ones?

It is nice that the 10 and 20 packages can be on a disc now as well. It's makes it much more affordable if you only have a few pics you want because we hardly use prints.

Hey SHUTTERS - A shout out to you on this subject...

I purchased the 10 photo CD because that was all our budget would allow after our 15 day Disney vacation in October. Since ALL of our photos were included on the CD & we could only "unlock" 10 of them you should be able to find a way to sell additional digital photos to people shortly after they arrive home & catch up on all of the bills.

I would have liked to have been able to even purchase 11 or 12 photos instead of 10 & I didn't even have 20 photos taken. Instead you missed out on any additional money you could have made from us by not allowing a few more photos than 10 or allowing us to purchase other photos after we returned home. When I got home I had other family members that would have liked to pay to purchase additional photos of us, but since you don't have a system that allows people to make additional purchases you missed out on more $$$ from us. Seems like you would want to take my money any way that you can get it.

Ideally Disney would take over the photos on their cruise line & offer "Photopass" as they do in the parks. That would be awesome!!!

Anyone else feel this way?

When I sailed on the Magic in August of this year, I pre-purchased a photo package from the DCL website before sailing. I forget the specifics but it was a better deal than anything being offered on-board.

When I sailed on the Magic in August of this year, I pre-purchased a photo package from the DCL website before sailing. I forget the specifics but it was a better deal than anything being offered on-board.

Photo packages are no longer a pre-cruise purchase option. You can only buy them onboard.

I agree with Melissa- I really wish this was operated by Disney and part of PhotoPass - many people combine a Disney World vacation with a cruise and it would be so nice to have it all as one for making calendars and books. Debbie

Does anyone have the link to the thread where it list the photo packages and prices?? Where u can mix 8x10 and 6x8 pics?

Does anyone have the link to the thread where it list the photo packages and prices?? Where u can mix 8x10 and 6x8 pics?

AFAIK, the only photo packages are the ones on the list I posted. When the Fantasy entered service the Shutters packages were changed. I haven't seen any of the the mixed size packages since then.

When you purchase the 10 or 20 photo package, you get just that - 10 or 20 pictures. You can opt for either printed photos (sizes are pre-determined), so you may wind up with 6X8 (character photos) and 8X10 (formal night, dining room, etc photos). Or you can get the 10 or 20 photos option on the CD. You receive the same full cruise CD, but only 10 or 20 photos will be "unlocked" for you to access once home. Those you could print out whatever size you want.

Hey SHUTTERS - A shout out to you on this subject...

I purchased the 10 photo CD because that was all our budget would allow after our 15 day Disney vacation in October. Since ALL of our photos were included on the CD & we could only "unlock" 10 of them you should be able to find a way to sell additional digital photos to people shortly after they arrive home & catch up on all of the bills.

I would have liked to have been able to even purchase 11 or 12 photos instead of 10 & I didn't even have 20 photos taken. Instead you missed out on any additional money you could have made from us by not allowing a few more photos than 10 or allowing us to purchase other photos after we returned home. When I got home I had other family members that would have liked to pay to purchase additional photos of us, but since you don't have a system that allows people to make additional purchases you missed out on more $$$ from us. Seems like you would want to take my money any way that you can get it.

Ideally Disney would take over the photos on their cruise line & offer "Photopass" as they do in the parks. That would be awesome!!!

Anyone else feel this way?

While I agree that Shutters is definitely missing an opportunity for post-cruise sales...your post is confusing. You said you purchased the 10 photo CD, didn't even have 20 photos taken, so you therefore purchased access to (unlocked) more than half of any pictures that exist. You can print as many copies of those as you wish post-cruise for family and friends. Unless your extended family all preferred the views that weren't unlocked, you should be able to print some copies for them.

It would be nice to have compatible services between WDW and DCL, but I wouldn't expect it to happen anytime in the near future.

Thanks for posting the price list.
Where do we sign up for this and can it wait until the last night of the cruise. This is our first cruise and it is just DH and I, we may not even take 10 pics that we like then again we may take 20. Can we board the ship, enjoy the cruise and the picture opportunities when they happen, then go to Shutters and view the pics and decide how many we want before we disembark?

Thanks for posting the price list.
Where do we sign up for this and can it wait until the last night of the cruise. This is our first cruise and it is just DH and I, we may not even take 10 pics that we like then again we may take 20. Can we board the ship, enjoy the cruise and the picture opportunities when they happen, then go to Shutters and view the pics and decide how many we want before we disembark?

You can purchase the photo packages/CD at anytime once onboard. I, personally, wouldn't do this the last night. Unfortunately, that's when EVERYONE wants to do it. And then it's a zoo in Shutters.

Jumping in for clarification. Do all of your pictures get posted at Shutter's? If so, is this more or less marketing/promo for them? Showing the quality of work?

Or, do you actually choose the pics you see (if ordering prints).

Thanks.

Jumping in for clarification. Do all of your pictures get posted at Shutter's? If so, is this more or less marketing/promo for them? Showing the quality of work?

Or, do you actually choose the pics you see (if ordering prints).

Thanks.

At Shutters (at least on the Magic & Wonder) there are large display cases that hold the photos. They are about 5 or 6 rows high, each row holding in about 6 or 7 pictures. You go in and look for your pictures. They are roughly in groups of "formal night" "embarkation" "pirate night" etc. That helps. You take your pictures down, decide which you want and place the others in the discard box. Then you take your pictures up to the counter and pay for them.

Or you can use your KTTW card at the kiosk and it will display all the photos that were taken using your KTTW card. On this you select which pictures you want, then go to the counter to pay, and they give you a slip to return after a certain time to collect your pictures.

I don't know how much of a promotion it is. I'm not really interested in seeing anyone else's picture, I'm only looking for ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter