Photopass

I'm not sure they have a prepaid option but all your photos on a CD for 99 dollars is a killer deal especially if you use them.

If you see them, use them! I think he photopass people ran when they saw me cause I always bothered them! I kid, they want to take pictures and enjoy their job! Take advantage of it!

I do not recall them ever having a pre-purchase option.
You need to visit the Kalepa's Store on your departure day and hand over your PP card(s) to them. If you or your child does any of the activities where the photographers are, you need to make sure you have the date and time so those can be added. You pay $99 there and they create the CD for you.

My family is going this summer with my sister's family and our mom. Can we all share a photopass? I've never gotten one, so not entirely sure how they work.

I do not recall them ever having a pre-purchase option.
You need to visit the Kalepa's Store on your departure day and hand over your PP card(s) to them. If you or your child does any of the activities where the photographers are, you need to make sure you have the date and time so those can be added. You pay $99 there and they create the CD for you.

Thank you for this info - I was wondering how it worked! How much time would you say we need to allow for them to create the CD? Are there options to add borders like for DL/WDW PP?

Thank you for this info - I was wondering how it worked! How much time would you say we need to allow for them to create the CD? Are there options to add borders like for DL/WDW PP?
You cannot add borders.
I would allow at least an hour on your check out day depending on how busy the store is and weather or not you need to have them search and add photos.

My family is going this summer with my sister's family and our mom. Can we all share a photopass? I've never gotten one, so not entirely sure how they work.

Photopass at Aulani isn't like Photopass at WDW. It is very basic at Aulani. You get a Photopass card from the first photographer you take pics with and/or add photos from other sessions by using your card or having them look up the other session at the counter in Kalepa's store. You don't pay for them to take your pictures throughout your stay, you pay for either individual prints or the cd at the end of your stay. However, if you do the character breakfast, those photos are a separate package that costs about $30.

Photopass at Aulani isn't like Photopass at WDW. It is very basic at Aulani. You get a Photopass card from the first photographer you take pics with and/or add photos from other sessions by using your card or having them look up the other session at the counter in Kalepa's store. You don't pay for them to take your pictures throughout your stay, you pay for either individual prints or the cd at the end of your stay. However, if you do the character breakfast, those photos are a separate package that costs about $30.

ok, that makes sense. There are going to be 9 people in our group, so if we end up with multiple Photopass cards, can they all be added to one CD, or do we all have to use the same card?

ok, that makes sense. There are going to be 9 people in our group, so if we end up with multiple Photopass cards, can they all be added to one CD, or do we all have to use the same card?

We had 8 in our group a few years ago and we added several cards. Was a pretty smooth process. We were there for 10 days and had over 400 photo pass photos taken! Not bad for 99 dollars!

You cannot add borders.
I would allow at least an hour on your check out day depending on how busy the store is and weather or not you need to have them search and add photos.

Thanks for the info! That's too bad about the borders - I love borders :teeth:.

So I'm assuming the only way to get borders is to wait and order the CD online once at home? I'm confused by this piece of it because I went to the "mydisneyphotopass" site and it has instructions for claiming Aulani pictures. I followed the instructions to log in - not that I have pictures to claim yet obviously - just to see the product pricing. But once logged in, even after selecting Aulani on the main screen, it's giving me Memory Maker products and pricing for WDW:confused3.

Thanks for the info! That's too bad about the borders - I love borders :teeth:.

So I'm assuming the only way to get borders is to wait and order the CD online once at home? I'm confused by this piece of it because I went to the "mydisneyphotopass" site and it has instructions for claiming Aulani pictures. I followed the instructions to log in - not that I have pictures to claim yet obviously - just to see the product pricing. But once logged in, even after selecting Aulani on the main screen, it's giving me Memory Maker products and pricing for WDW:confused3.
You cannot purchase it after your trip. You can only purchase it at Aulani currently...as I described above.

You can add a border to prints you buy or are given (if you are dvc member you get a free print). Also you can get the 10% discount on the cd if you are a dvc member. We had a border added to our sunset family pic. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter