• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass

annakate27

Mouseketeer
I am 3 weeks out from my trip and I have yet to receive an email to preorder a PHOTOPASS CD for $99. Has anyone not gotten one? If you did get one how far in advace did you get it? I got my travel documents yesterday and there was a PHOTPASS card in there and it said to register it before I go. Should I do that or just get another card when I am down there? Any help would be appreciated!!!! TIA

assuming you didn't book through a TA, you are meant to get the email from Disney Destinations either 45 days our or halfway between booking date and check-in, whichever is less. that also assumes they have your email on file and have consent to email you offers.

the photopass included in the travel documents will ensure that photopass has the ability to send you additional offers before, during and after your trip, but it will not get you $50 off the CD.

When I called Photopass a couple of weeks ago I was told that I could receive that email up to 10 days before check in. We go in three weeks, so I hope it comes soon!

@disneyphotopass on Twitter told me to contact guest services if I still didn't get my email 10 days out.

I called Disney photopass because I have yet to receive the email. They told me if I had not received it at 10 days out, to call them.

Thanks for posting this. I haven't gotten one either and we leave in 19 days. I'll be calling if I don't get one soon.

deb

I did not get the code, but my friend did. At the bottom of her email was a link to forward the code to a friend. So, she forwarded it to me. If you have a friend who gets the code have them forward the email to you.

Also, the code is good if you want to buy the CD once you get home. For $149 you can get the CD at the parks and 3- pictures! I am going with the $149 deal because I don't want to wait a few weeks to get the pictures!

I did not get the code, but my friend did. At the bottom of her email was a link to forward the code to a friend. So, she forwarded it to me. If you have a friend who gets the code have them forward the email to you.

Also, the code is good if you want to buy the CD once you get home. For $149 you can get the CD at the parks and 3- pictures! I am going with the $149 deal because I don't want to wait a few weeks to get the pictures!

Thanks for the info...unfortunately I dont have any friends going down soon, so I will have to just keep my fingers crossed for the elusive email :rotfl2:

I am having the same issue, we leave very soon, and since I upgraded our hotel I haven't even gotten the travel documents yet....I REALLY want that $50 off!

Thanks for the info...unfortunately I dont have any friends going down soon, so I will have to just keep my fingers crossed for the elusive email :rotfl2:

I got the email. There wasn't a link in the first one but about 3 weeks I got the email with the link and they have resend it to me twice after that.

interesting.. the offer is supposed to be non-transferable

I'm leaving in a little over 2 weeks and am seriously considering this. I hope to get the email. I get other ones from Disney Destinations!

But then you can't edit your photos! I like adding boarders and signatures to the photos.

If there is a way to forward this along I would appreciate if someone emailed me. I leave Dec. 4th. I'd be happy to do the same for someone, if I ever get the stinking email...

deb

We booked through Disney and never got the email with the preorder discount. A few days before our trip I called the photopass help number. After veryifying our reservation details they gave us a coupon code to get $50 off the CD which we can order after returning from the trip (no pre-pay required). $100 for the CD is much more reasonable than $150.

gave us a discount. You do need to register. Also, you can get a free personalized photopass worth $4.99 (takes no more that 2 weeks to get supposedly; we got ours in a week) by signing up for a package now.

We got the $50 off by registering.

By the way we also received the e-mail, but I used the photopass offer because of the free personalized photopass.

By registering it, if you lose the card in your travels, you will have access to the photos anyway. The sheet it comes on has the barcode number.

I just got our from Disney Destinations today. We are 26 days out. I did register my Photopass card that I got from Disney. Maybe that triggered the email offer. Since the email came to my other email account-the account that I registered on Photopass NOT my reservation email address..... hhhmmmmmmmm

I booked through Disney back in July. Also, there is no pin code, just a link to a website that offers the CD at $99.

The email you get is not very obvious that it contains the photopass link. It is burried at the bottom of an email from Disney Destinations titled something like " Must sees (or Dos) for the (your last name) Family".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter