photopass

daisyndonald4ever

Earning My Ears
:sad: I am confused! I read and reread I am still confused.... I want to get the photopass.. Our trip starts 4/26/2009 :cool1: ends 05/03/2009:sad1: I know I can preorder but when I went to stitch kingdom I WAS CONFUSED!!! expires within 60 days? can I burn a disk from home? can someone please help me... just break it down in simple terms...

I can only offer my experience with Photo Pass and guarantee that there are more experienced folks who will also chime in.

Throughout WDW there are photographers eager to take your fam's photo in great locations (castle, Spaceship Earth, Tree of Life, etc). The first time you have this done, the photographer will give you a photopass. Eachtime thereafter, hand the photographer your pass and he/she will scan it and add the new photo.

I do believe that there are locations around WDW where you can view, select, and purchase pics right then. We like to wait until we get home and view at our leisure...but the photo passes do expire, so don't tarry too long!

The pics are very nice, we even used one for our Christmas Card this year.

Hope this helped.

I hear you can go to the photo website a prepurchase some items and it will save you $$$. Worth taking a look. YEAH my 10th post!!!! Good luck!

To add/continue to what tracyncj said...

You can check your photos at various locations in the parks and some of the resorts. I highly recommend doing this several times during your visit to make sure all the photos you got are on there.

Once you get home you "load" the pics from your photopass onto your photopass account. You have 30 days from the day you loaded them to "edit" them (crop, add special borders or signatures) and then order the CD.

You cannot create your own CD from the photopass site. You can only get your images if you order the CD or the prints themselves (which are expensive).

Hope that helps.

OK...I'm as rookie as they come to this stuff. So you do the photo pass thing and only have to pay if you end up ordering the CD? Sorry for the naivety.

Yes, you can do the photopass and only pay if you actually order something (prints, CD, photobook, etc.).

However, if you pre-purchase the CD, you save about $30.

If you pre-purchase the CD and come home and decide you don't want to buy any of the images, you can get a refund of the pre-purchase price.

So, really, it can be a "no-risk" deal!

so the $124.00 is for the cd? Last time I went to Disney I bought the pics of goofy and the family, chef mickey dinner picture, and a few other ones.. are these type of pictures on here too? because cast members take them too...

Thanks for all the help

Yes, the $124 is for the CD ($99 if you pre-purchase).

I'm not sure about the Chef Mickey ones but nearly all the character meets in the parks have Photopass photographers so all those pics would be included.

And there are "special" pics available at special locations in the parks (i.e Tink in MK and maybe Epcot, Stitch in DHS, Baby Simba in AK...and others). Ask the photopass photographers about those too.

To be honest, if you only get a few pics, I'm not sure the CD is worth it. Figure that you pay roughly $13 for each image, you would need to take 9 or more to make the CD really worth it. If you don't end up taking more than that, you might want to back up the photopass pics with having the photographers take a pic with your own camera.

We were very diligent about getting pics taken. We asked every photographer we saw and each one would take 2 or 3 pictures. We ended up with about 150 "raw" pics. After adding borders and signatures we ended up with almost 500.

2 questions....

How do you pre-purchase?

and.....

If you purchase the CD, you can take it to say Wal-Greens or Wal Mart or wherever to get them printed correct?

Pre purchase link:
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

Some say that the pre order code is only valid for 60 days so if you want to be sure just order the cd just a few days before you leave.
I don't know if the rumor of 60 days is correct but better be safe then sorry....

If you have the cd you also have the rights of the photo's.

I just ordered the cd before our december trip and had 180 photo's on the pass i turned them into a total of 2967 photo's (did some heavy editing).

I ordered the photopass cd and book (together for $149) and ordered both on feb 1.
The cd's arrived at feb 4 and they had to ship them to The Netherlands!!
The book is on his way........ Right now it's in Kentucky.

2 questions....

How do you pre-purchase?

and.....

If you purchase the CD, you can take it to say Wal-Greens or Wal Mart or wherever to get them printed correct?

im not exactly sure how to pre order, but you get a copyright release to print out pictures at photo labs,( mostlikely it will be a file on the cd) just print it out and take it with you, 99.9% they WILL NOT print it out if you dont have this paper, so make sure you have it handy.

did a search for this particular topic and would just like to clarify.....a photopass is used for the wdw photographers to use wdw cameras and take your pics ie w/Cinderella, Winnie etc....not for on rides where they take your pics, right?
And, if you prepurchase the cd, all the pics that are taken of your family will be on the photopass (provided you remember to give it to the photographer) and you have the rights to print all those pics?
I mean, gee, that sounds like a heckuva deal! And you can add borders on the cd? Or is that something you need to do before you leave wdw?
thanks in advance for the reply!! :goodvibes

18.gif

Also a side note on the photopass stuff. You can add pictures from any events (CRT, Donald's Breakfast, Chef Mickey, etc..) into your online account. For example, we go to CRT for Breakfast and when we are ready to take our picture with Cindy I ask the photoghapher if they need my photopass card, they say "No, This is not a photopass picture, you will get the actual picture at your table." That is true the picture is included, however if you look on the picture itself there is a code in the top left corner - it is an event code which you can add to your account and then all those pictures from that event are added.

I only found this out because my son and I did the Pirate League thing this year (it was awesome by the way, it helped we had a 50% off deal.) And when we checked out, the CM's handed us our pictures and also a little receipt with our Event Numbers on it, and told us we could take it to the Photopass Center and they could add the events to our photopass.

did a search for this particular topic and would just like to clarify.....a photopass is used for the wdw photographers to use wdw cameras and take your pics ie w/Cinderella, Winnie etc....not for on rides where they take your pics, right?
And, if you prepurchase the cd, all the pics that are taken of your family will be on the photopass (provided you remember to give it to the photographer) and you have the rights to print all those pics?
I mean, gee, that sounds like a heckuva deal! And you can add borders on the cd? Or is that something you need to do before you leave wdw?
thanks in advance for the reply!! :goodvibes

If you buy the ride photo prints, then you should be able to add them to your PhotoPass account too. But if you don't buy them, then you can't get an electronic copy of it. The exception is Test Track. It's set up so that you can scan your PP card right under the photo. But you have to be quick.

At Akershus and CRT, the photo is included in your meal package. Those have a 16 digit code on the receipt that you can enter as if it were a PP card.

At character meals where there is formal photo location like Chef Mickey (big plate and Mickey statue) or Tusker House (Safari Donald), they'll come around and show you the photos so you can purchase. The package is something like $30. If you purchase the package, then you'll have the receipt with the 16 digit code.

At other places all over the parks, you just find a PP Photog and they'll either give you a new card or you can hand over one you have.

When you get home, take all of your PP cards, all of your purchased photo receipts, and all of your included photo receipts and enter the numbers into your PhotoPass account. Then they are all there for you to view, crop, add borders, etc.

From your PP account, you can purchase individual photo prints or individual photo downloads for $13 - $15. These include a copyright release. You can also purchase numerous products like a photo book, mugs, ornaments, calendars, etc.

You could also purchase the CD of all of your images. Regular price is $150, but some are getting pre-purchase price of $99. I think I also got a code recently for $15 off. This CD includes all the original photos plus copies you make for edits- cropping, borders etc. You pay the same price now matter how many photos you have. If it takes more than one CD, the price doesn't change.

You do all this online OR you can do it at a PhotoPass location inside the parks. We were at GF and saw the PP desk. Wanted to see something on one card and the guy behind the desk went ahead and merged our several cards together. We could have done the borders and ordering there if we wanted to. But it's really better to do it from the comfort of home. It will take you some time to go through all your photos, make the edits, etc. The site is a bit slow and I've been hung up a few times.

HTH. I'm getting close to my photo expiration and need to make sure I have what I want, otherwise I'll have to buy an extension. I didn't realize that once you edit, it's saved in a 5x7 aspect ratio. But I know my kids will want 4x6 prints for their scrapbooks. If I don't go back and save as 4x6, the borders will be wonky.

Right now, my 150 photos have grown to 363.

You can also upload your photos for use in products like mugs and photo books. You could buy a CD of your own photos for $20. Robbery, I think, but you do get to use a couple of generic borders. Not worth it IMO, unless I was having memory issues while in the park and in danger of losing everything.

I know you have 30 days from the day you enter your photopass codes to finalize your edits. What I can't find anywhere, is how much time do you have from when the photo was taken and when you enter in the code? If I had my first photo taken on the 1st, when would I have to enter in the photopass code to make sure that I don't lose that photo? I assume there is a time frame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter