• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass tip

mundaremom

Mouseketeer
We returned from DL on Wednesday and unfortunately didn't learn until Tuesday afternoon that you could buy a CD with all of your photopass photos on it. I believe we paid 99.00 and we own the pictures. The unfortunate part was we only had 22 pictures on the CD, the CM suggested we wait and get more photos before buying the CD but we were leaving the next morning and there just wasn't time to run all over the park getting more pictures. So make sure you get a picture with every Disney Photographer within both parks and then buy the CD.

We did exactly that in WDW at the beginning of November. We heard that the CD's can 300 images that is what we shot for. (We only ended up with 179, but still pretty good). We ask the photographers to take multiple shots when ever we got around a photopass area some with just DD and some with all of us. The photo resolution is great.

What I was wondering if we can use the same photocard we had in WDW for DL when we go in December?

I think someone who visits DL more than once in a month, can collect a lot of photos for a CD to make it worth the $99.99.

When I was in WDW last year you had the option of taking the card home and buying what you wanted to within 30 days of activating the card. Can you do this at DL? I heard somewhere that they didn't have it set up on the internet yet and you had to turn in the card within 24 hrs just like the paper slips. Please tell me they fixed this.

Also, can you combine 2 cards onto 1 CD. I am going with a friends family and it would be nice to split the cost of the CD in half. I won't be with them every minute so it would be hard to share 1 card.

You can combine 2 (or more) Photopass cards on one CD. You can also combine a Photopass card from DL and a Photopass card from WDW on the same CD when you're ordering from the website. I received an email back confirming that pictures are available for 60 days for the CD (different from the regular Photopass website). Since DL & WDW now use the same website, I'm going to combine pics from our Thanksgiving DL and XMAS WDW trips on one CD. I've warned the family that we'll be taking lots of Photopass pictures!

As far as the question of using the same Photopass at WDW & DL, my guess is that you could, but I'm not going to. My Photopass from DL does say DL on it, and I don't want to take a chance of having it not work at WDW. I'll just get another one from WDW and use it.

Another tip is to take a digital picture of your photopass card numbers so that just in case you lose the card, you can still retrieve the pictures.

I just wish you could add the characters and borders to the pictures on the CD...

mareed said:
Another tip is to take a digital picture of your photopass card numbers so that just in case you lose the card, you can still retrieve the pictures.

What a great tip! When I was in WDW, someone had lost his card and he was at a photopass counter trying to remember all the dates, locations and times he had pictures taken and going through "millions" of pictures to get to his family shots moved to a new card. What a pain, your tip is great. I also would get on the first night and register my card on the photopass site, but that only works if you have internet connect or the time to do it.

Now I just have to remember your tip.

Even if your not sure your going to get a ton of photos, if you are with a group, get the CD! It's awesome. Once you have the CD you own the pictures and can get prints from any online source such as Snapfish or York, or any place you can get photos! As a scrapbooker, I can't tell you how many prints I have gotten! :woohoo: We only had 80 photos on our CD last January after WDW, but the two families have all made tons of photos from the CDs! It makes it dirt cheap! :teeth:
When we got to DL for the first time this January, you can bet we'll take even more Photopass pictures! I've got that CD in my budget already! :thumbsup2

You can order the cd from the internet? or can you pick it up in the park before you leave? and if so where do you pick it up?

ok out of annoying questions for now :)

We were told to wait until we got home to view the photos and then decide if we wanted the cd. We didn't have enough photos on the cd to justify the cost.

Pocono

We had 108 pictures so we bought the CD on our last night. We have a Premium annual so we got the 10% discount too!!!

We took pictures at every photopass person we saw. Sometimes our group and sometimes just the kids. I have a 1 year old and they would always take multiple shots because it is hard to make them look in the right direction.

Only bummer I see is you can't print the borders, tinkerbell etc! I uploaded mine to Costco and cropped some of the people out of the pictures and added borders.

Does anyone know if you can have ride pics linked to your photopass (like Splash Mountain, etc)?

How are the lines to wait for a photographer? DD and DS don't see the importance of taking pics and it might be hard to convince them to wait in that line when they could be waiting in the PoTC line!

We didn't have to wait for more then one family at any of the Photographer places and at some we were the only people who were taking pictures!!!

I did notice a long line when taking pictures with the characters at the Disneyland Tree in Town Square and I waited about 30 minutes for our Santa pictures but my DH and the kids walked around looking at the raindeer and coloring.

JoyCrazy said:
You can order the cd from the internet? or can you pick it up in the park before you leave? and if so where do you pick it up?

ok out of annoying questions for now :)

This is what I got from a CM at WDW, I am sure the same holds true for DL. You could not order the CD from the photopass website, but that may be changing when the revamp the site on Dec 5th.

Best Value
$99.95 for up to 300 photos in .jpg format
Includes photos from all four Theme Parks

The images files are yours to Keep! Each CD includes a copyright release allowing you to reproduce your photos. Photo processing not included.

NOT availalable online at DisneyPhotoPass.com Borders and Character Signatures are not available on PhotoPass CD

To Order a Disney's PhotoPass CD online visit:
www.register123.com/event/177271

The CD is an awesome deal! If a single 5x7 print runs around $12 in the park (if I'm remembering right), then it would be worth it if you had 9 photos, or less if you would typically get multiple prints. On our pre-Photopass trip last September, I was getting 2 prints/photo, and I believe we spent $60 on only 3 photos. Would have loved to have more photos taken, particularly ones that I was able to get in.

So what is the photopass card like? We had our pictures taken for the Halloween event and they just handed us a little paper card and said they'd be ready late that day. Is this something different from the photopass? Which are the photopass people?

pppiglet said:
So what is the photopass card like? We had our pictures taken for the Halloween event and they just handed us a little paper card and said they'd be ready late that day. Is this something different from the photopass? Which are the photopass people?

The photopass is a credit card size card. It has an ID # on the back and a little square that they scan (It must be some form of bar code to identify your card). You can use the same card your entire trip, and in both parks. If you don't want to (or don't have time to) look at your photos at the park, you can view them on line at home. If you end up with more than one photopass card, they can be combined when you order your CD.

The photographers are pretty easy to spot, and there is seldom a line. They will also take a pic with your camera. This is a huge upgrade to Disneyland, IMHO!

I think it is a wonderful addition to DL. I am excited to load up on park photos in February :thumbsup2

stampinshauna said:
Does anyone know if you can have ride pics linked to your photopass (like Splash Mountain, etc)?

I don't know about Disneyland, but when my dad was in Disney World with my mom and sister, they got a photopass card, and when they got home, their picture from Test Track was on it. It's funny though, because I was there the week before with my dad and other sister, and we didn't get ride photos on our card. I'm wondering if they're adding the ride pictures to the photopass cards. It would only make sense if they did.

It's cool to hear that DL has added the photopass now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter