• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Superthread!

Curious? What does the photo package at Character dining include? I just planned our first ever Character Dining at PCH Grill (surfs up). Not sure what it means when some people say "character dining photo package"? Do we get a printed copy of our photo with Mickey or just the digital file on our photopass+ card?

You get both :)

Curious? What does the photo package at Character dining include?

I just planned our first ever Character Dining at PCH Grill (surfs up). Not sure what it means when some people say "character dining photo package"? Do we get a printed copy of our photo with Mickey or just the digital file on our photopass+ card?

You actually get both, when there at the meal you get an actual print in a special cardstock frame, and then you get the digital version of the photo on your PP+.

You actually get both, when there at the meal you get an actual print in a special cardstock frame, and then you get the digital version of the photo on your PP+.

Awesome! An extra perk. I had purchased it before we decided on a character meal now that I booked one I know we will get even more out of photopass! Woot woot!!!

I just preordered last night for our upcoming July trip.

What will I receive in the mail? Or am I just receiving something via email?

I also am wondering about setting up the card then....Here's our issue:

Our first park day is DCA...we are doing the early entrance. Plan on heading right back to Carsland. Then later I would have time to set up the Photopass. Is this going to make me lose photo options on the card? Or is it best if I set up the card first?

Thanks!

I just preordered last night for our upcoming July trip.

What will I receive in the mail? Or am I just receiving something via email?

I also am wondering about setting up the card then....Here's our issue:

Our first park day is DCA...we are doing the early entrance. Plan on heading right back to Carsland. Then later I would have time to set up the Photopass. Is this going to make me lose photo options on the card? Or is it best if I set up the card first?

Thanks!

If you're talking about PhotoPass+, this question is answered in Post #3.

Thank you! I wasn't exactly sure which post applied to me! This is different from what we are used to at WDW.

You got that right, and this is far less expensive. I just returned from my first DLR trip and I prepurchased PP+ back in January. The info in this thread is dead-on right based on my recent experience. :goodvibes

I'm so glad I read through this Superthread! Knowing me I'd just click the "download everything" button and have no idea this would result in no borders and only 8x10s. Thank you to everyone who answered and asked questions!

Now my question...

I bought PP+ and we will have 8 of us together: me, DH, 2 DDs; SIL, her 2 DDs; MIL. Can I just give my log-in info and our PP+ code to my SIL & MIL so they can be sure their preferred sizes/poses/borders get ordered? Is that the easiest way?

If I don't care about borders, is there some reason I would need to save my pics in the various sizes before ordering my photoCD? As in, the default is 4x6 pics and I later decide I want to order bigger pics off shutterfly, is there some problem that I only have the 4x6 versions saved (in terms of resolution or size or whatever)?

Thanks to everyone for this great thread - lots of excellent info!

I am trying to decide if a 2 day trip to both parks is worth PP+. We will be doing Minnie and Friends one morning (I've heard the photo there is less than average since its without Minnie) and we will hit Pixie Hollow and FF. Plus, we will have a 4 year old that will be picking most rides. Other than RSR, I'm not sure there will be too many attraction photos. Hopefully I will get to sneak onto ToT - my fav - but who knows!! :)

For only two days, is it worth it or should I just being my own DSLR?

14 days is almost here so I have started a combination panic and excited dance!!

I apologize if this question has already been answered, but if I purchase the PhotoPass +, are the character meals already included in that, or do I still have to buy the character meal package?

I apologize if this question has already been answered, but if I purchase the PhotoPass +, are the character meals already included in that, or do I still have to buy the character meal package?

You still have to buy the meals but not the photos that are taken with the meals nby photopass photographers. They hand you the whole package when you leave. It's great!!

Thanks to everyone for this great thread - lots of excellent info!

I am trying to decide if a 2 day trip to both parks is worth PP+. We will be doing Minnie and Friends one morning (I've heard the photo there is less than average since its without Minnie) and we will hit Pixie Hollow and FF. Plus, we will have a 4 year old that will be picking most rides. Other than RSR, I'm not sure there will be too many attraction photos. Hopefully I will get to sneak onto ToT - my fav - but who knows!! :)

For only two days, is it worth it or should I just being my own DSLR?

14 days is almost here so I have started a combination panic and excited dance!!

I agree you may not get the full benefit for $69. Also remember there's many other places in the parks, in front of the castle, in front of carsland, where PP photographs are stationed. It's nice to have someone get the whole family. Also on the CD are some canned shots of characters throughout the park. I found those really neat when added to a photo book.

We ha done FP gal yesterday in front of the Walt and Mickey statue that was amazing. We wanted a shot of the statue and there was another FP person too and area was congested so she took us to the side and started doing Magic Shots with the kids! She did two -three and then other shots. Then took us back to statue and took more. She was amazing!

I can't wait to get home and look!

How long do we have to access them after? We checkout tomorrow but won't be home for another week. I just don't want to lose anything.

Oh and I didn't get receipts for our many ride pics so I hope we got them. I do have cell pics with many if that helps. Not sure how long that lasts.

Just another thing about our trip......I rode Ca Screamin and tried to get my pic added and the FP lady locked the pic and can not unlock it so it was basically lost. She said she could get me right back on the ride so I could get another. I was like OK even though that ride had been enough.
She walked us right over to FP person and said she messed up the pic and we need a re ride. And up we went. The 2nd time did me and my daughter in but we got the pic. Lol

The FP person said get an odd car but we were taken up ahead of larger groups so ended up in even whichever as second row. No biggie. Glad to be off that ride! Lol

Tropigal said:
We ha done FP gal yesterday in front of the Walt and Mickey statue that was amazing. We wanted a shot of the statue and there was another FP person too and area was congested so she took us to the side and started doing Magic Shots with the kids! She did two -three and then other shots. Then took us back to statue and took more. She was amazing!

I can't wait to get home and look!

How long do we have to access them after? We checkout tomorrow but won't be home for another week. I just don't want to lose anything.

Which magic shots did you get?

I bought the PP+ for our June trip. With 2 boys aged 17 & 12, I wasn't sure it would be worth it but I'm very glad we bought it! We had 130 pictures in 3-1/2 days. It was great stopping wherever we saw photographers, especially when there were characters and all the ride photos. It was nice to have someone else taking pictures in case mine weren't focused or the flash didn't work right. We did 2 magic shots - the Tinkerbell and Stitch ones. I wish we had done more, but I didn't have time before we left to write down where they were and didn't have time in the parks to hunt them down. I liked some of the stock photos too - especially of Carsland.

I put multiple borders on the pictures and I can decide what to print when I get the CD. We went from 140 pictures to 300 with all the borders and autographs added.

IMPORTANT: Get the receipt or take a picture of the number! When I pulled up our pictures, our nighttime RSR picture was missing and in it's place were 9 pictures of other people riding. I called the PP+ this morning and they couldn't help as it was a ride picture so they transferred me over to the ride booth itself. The lady working was very helpful and took about 15 minutes looking through all the pictures but couldn't find ours. Unfortunately, without that receipt # we won't be able to get that picture. What a disappointment. I didn't think that there would be a problem so I didn't note it, but it happens.

I agree you may not get the full benefit for $69. Also remember there's many other places in the parks, in front of the castle, in front of carsland, where PP photographs are stationed. It's nice to have someone get the whole family. Also on the CD are some canned shots of characters throughout the park. I found those really neat when added to a photo book.

Thanks for the tips! I went ahead and bought the PP+. Now I'll just have to make a point to stop - and ride lots of rides with a smile on my face!!

We got Olaf and Tinkerbell Magic Shots and maybe one more she didn't tell us. She had the kids kneeling on a bench looking into the bush so maybe Stitch would pop out? Not sure. We did magic shots at WDW before too.

Now I am so worried all our ride shots won't be there. How long after they are taken can try search? I have some receipts but not all. And we are still on vacay for 1 more week before I want to access them on the card from home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter