• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass should I or shouldnt I?

kristy07keith

Mouseketeer
I am thinking about preordering the photopass cd but we will only be in the parks for 4 days. We are going to the MNSSHP and my neice is going to do the BBB. But Just wondering if I will really get my money's worth? We will have 7 Adults and 1 child. Anyone preorder the CD then do the BBB? Can I have all of pictures that my niece takes at BBB added to the CD or will we have to by a seperate CD of her experience there. Anyone else go on a short trip and order the CD? About how many pictures will I average?

All the pictures at the BBB will go onto your photopass even the ones that are posed in the studio, although that setting is an additional charge around $30.00. We went for 4 days and 5 night with 9 of us in July and had several character shots, castle shots, magic'd shots with tinkerbelle, the frog from princess and the frog, etc. Even you prepurchase and come home and decide it was not worth what you paid you get your money back so you are really not out anything. By the way before editing there are 287 photos taken in the parks but we had 2 girls do the BBB so that is probably 60-70 of the photos.

You will definitely want those BBB pictures. The photopass photgraphers are in a much better position to get great shots there and they know the exact moment to take them. Also, if your niece sees any characters, the photopass photographers are always taking pictures there. Throw in a couple of park pictures of the whole family, and I think you will definitely think it is worth it. If you are going with other family members, maybe someone in your party will want to split the cost with you, making it that much more affordable.

MNSSHP is a great opportunity for photos. The castle looks soooo cool at night (at the end of the night there has been lots of fog around the castle - don't remember if they do that every year, though). There are the 'magic' photos where they add the ghosts - one in front of the HM horseless carriage where they add a ghost driver and one next to the boat dock where they add the hitchhiking ghosts. There was photopass with Snow White and the 7 dwarves. I have done MNSSHP with both large family group and just me and DGrD and I was happy to be able to have photopass so everyone was together in the shots. Having the option of putting the special party borders around the pics with the year on them was fun too.
And remember that after BBB you can go over to Tinks Treasures (I think that's where they moved it to) and get a whole photo shoot done by photopass and put onto your CD.

It strikes me as worth it as well. On our last trip I decided not to pre-order. Well, after seeing the photopass pics of DD3 meeting Tink and her friends for the first time, I just HAD TO buy the digital copies!! At $14.95 a pop (I believe), I was soon at the cost of a pre-ordered CD. :( Oh, well... live and learn... I have now pre-ordered for our next trip... :thumbsup2

I always get the Photopass CD, and just remember if you don't get enough pictures or if you don't like the pictures they take you can ask for a refund after you return from your trip. I get the CD whether I'm on a short trip or a long trip. It actually forces me to stop and pose for pics. I'm usually the photographer, so it's nice to get my own mug in a few shots. LOL

Yeah I'm not a huge supporter of the prepaid deal, but if you're going to BBB and a MNSSHP then it should be totally worth it!
Make sure to catch all the extra characters out during the MNSSHP. After the fireworks they don't get a lot of visitors, especially in Adventureland for Baloo, Louie, Timon, Rafiki, Jane, Terk and Tarzan. Whenever I went to see them, they have practically no line and you can take as many photos with them as you like.

I agree with bjakmom too, the ghost photos are a must do and soooooo cute! Make sure to get your group to scream for the mansion on, it comes out awesome and freaks out people in the line too :rotfl:

I agree with the others, doing those special events along with the regular picture ops you should definately be able to get your moneys' worth out of Photopass. We get around 200 pictures for a weeks trip, by the time I edit and add borders we usually have about 500. So at $99 for 500 pictures its worth it to me.

Another vote for "YES".

i went last year and split the cost of the prepaid photopass.

might i mention that i went during that horrific week in may when it down poured the entire week. that kind of weather = no photographers.

i had thought that we didnt get enough pics and was upset because i wanted alot more. when i got the cd i was so pleasantly surprised!!

as a previous poster said, it was a nice break NOT to be the photographer of the group - it takes away some when u are looking at the world thru a camera.

you can decide how many photos you want! i know some people who ended up with 5 cds full of photos!!

A couple more PP question from a Dis lurker!

How far in advance can you order the CD? I'm not going until December, and my family are aged 67-15, so I don't know how many pictures with characters we are likely to get. Is there a time frame where you can get a refund if you don't like the pictures you get?

Eek, more questions than I thought!
xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter