Photopass Share Question

MommyWithDreams

<font color=deeppink>What has the Dis done to me?
So we pre-purchased our CD before our trip. We're going in with my BIL that went at the same time. Since we've been home they have created their own account and entered their photopass number. Now when I'm trying to enter it on our account...which is the account that pre-purchased the cd it wont let me because it's associated with another account. Is there anything I can do to get it added onto ours? Or did she do a big NO NO by doing their own acct to view them (Like I told her not to do)..grrr
Molly??? Help!!

Okay, I haven't used Photopass yet, but from what I understand, the numbers canNOT be on two separate accounts. So when your BIL entered his photopass number on their own account, it made it invalid for your account. I think the only thing you could do is if you haven't entered your own photos on your account yet, try to get a refund on your prepurchased CD and add your photos to his account.

I figured this was the case...that's why I told her not to create one. I'm not a happy camper right now. I feel bad but ...her loss.

*bumping....Molly can you confirm this. I figured you're the PP queen around here. :)

Hi. :)

I'm a bit behind things, as I'm dealing with Sick Boy, but since all he wants to do is sit in my lap, and my laptop is small, here I am. :upsidedow

When I came back in December, having re-used a card that was already on another account, I was able to plead my case with the email photopass people, and they were able to add my old card to my new account, which meant my card was in two places.

Your situation is much more "legit" in my opinion, b/c you are family, were there at the same time, and very likely are in some of the pictures on their card (and they on yours). Whereas my sitch was that the card had been used on a share between brand new friends who met on Dis and Mouseplanet. :rolleyes1 I told them that I had used the card before with some friends, and it was on her account. And what could they do?

And that's what she came up with, adding (not taking it off one account, but you end up with it on both) the card to a second account, mine.

At the same time I was dealing with that (and the missing Stitch situation), someone on the photographer forum here was playing phone tag, and she had basically the same problems. She ended up with that being the resolution as well.

However, I have since heard of photopass email and phone people being much more hard-um-nosed about it.

On the other hand, I sent them an email through some weird route, different from what others do, so I might have routed myself to a different department that had more leeway.

Or it's changed.

Let me go through my emails, see if I kept them.

I don't know why people do that to themselves, go against such clearly worded instructions to not create an account. In the future, just take their card(s) from them so they don't do any harm with them. :rotfl: ("excuse me, I must confiscate this from you now as you cannot be trusted to do things you should have learned in kindergarten")

I'll be back...

Hi. :)

I don't know why people do that to themselves, go against such clearly worded instructions to not create an account. In the future, just take their card(s) from them so they don't do any harm with them. :rotfl: ("excuse me, I must confiscate this from you now as you cannot be trusted to do things you should have learned in kindergarten")

I'll be back...

You are the best!!! And I must agree....I shall be the photopass carrier next time! Bow to I! :wizard:

Here I am. Looks like I bizarrely deleted my emails from that experience. How strange.

But I went a-looking through the Help pages until I found a familar-looking email-us form.

Oh wait, before I go further...you have already added your photopass card #s to your own account, right? If not, I was sort of wondering if you could just find out if you can use the prepurchase code on BIL's account?

But since you've talked about your pictures it seems your card is already on an account so that's probably a moot idea.

You might need BIL to contact them about this (or get his account's info and contact them "for" him? oh but that would involve emails and such).

But I'd go to the Help section of the photopass account, and look down to the bottom right to the part that reads

Contact Guest Services
Can't find what you're looking for?
Contact Guest Services for further assistance.

That page you'll be taken to looks familiar to me, with the operating system, etc. I know I filled those things out. (and since my pleading was successful, that's why I'm sending you by this route)

Click on Contact Guest Services, then use the "send us an email" link under
5. Email us
If you have questions that are not answered in the online help section, or if you have comments about Disney's PhotoPass Service, send us an email.

Describe everything, and ask if the card number (specify the card number) from the one account (specify the email address of that account) can be added to the second account (specify the email address of that account, too).

If they are willing, don't be surprised if they ask everything again, LOL.

Aha, I found the thread from the photography forum, here it is, to show you what I was told and what another person was told as well. But like I said, that was in December, and things might have changed, policies might have changed, people might have gotten in trouble, etc...it might work and it might not, but it's worth a shot!

Good luck!

Odd, the Sick Boy is now asking for salad. Healthy, yet surprising, request from a 3 year old. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter