• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass share for May ***closed***

ElmerTinaRh

Mouseketeer
I would be interested in doing a photopass share for May if there is any out there please pm me. I will be there from May 21-27.

I wouldn't mind sharing; we are going 5/26-6/1. I stink at technology though so you (or someone else that joins) would have to be the one that copies the discs:)

Thanks, Karen

I wouldn't mind sharing; we are going 5/26-6/1. I stink at technology though so you (or someone else that joins) would have to be the one that copies the discs:)

Thanks, Karen

I can copy the discs. I'm just not sure how the whole photopass thing works. Lets wait and see and many people we get. Even if it's just the 2 of us, it would still be cheaper.

If anyone really wants to do this, please pm me. With a little guidance from the boards I am going to make this happen. PM me and I will give you my address to send a check so I can get the account set up as soon as we have enough people. COME ON MAY!!!!

I'll be there 5/3-5/17. Sounds interesting..

Thanks

Carol

How a photopass share works: (most of this is copied from a post by dismarkle-- Thanks!)

1) Get a photopass card from a photopass photographer when they take your pictures in the parks. Have fun and have lots of photopass photographers take your picture. As many as you can! Each photographer will scan your photopass card to add photos to your photopass card id number.

2) When you get home, rather than create your own Photopass account on the Disney Photopass website, you will use a photopass account that is already created by the group of people that you have prearranged to share with.

3) All the people in this group add their photopass card IDs to this same account on the Disney Photopass website. You can edit your photos there (add borders, crop, etc) and then once everyone in the group has added their photos and edited their pictures, one person orders the CD of pictures that cost $99(pre-ordered price) plus tax and shipping. We will also need to add in the cost of mailers, postage, media, and case (about $5). All the members split the cost evenly.

*Important* make sure you add your photos to the GROUP’S account. If you create your own account, Disney will not allow you to add your pictures to the group’s cd. You will be responsible for the total cost of an additional cd. ($99)

4) Everyone's pictures will be on this CD. The person who ordered it will make copies for all other people in the group and mail them their copies. You can then take this CD to any photo place (ie Walgreens, CVS, etc.) and get your photos developed as you wish because Disney sends a copyright release with the CD.

5) With 5 people sharing in buying one CD, the cost should only be around $25 each before tax. Obviously the cost will decrease with more members in a group

6) There is no limit to how many pictures you can take. If a group has enough pictures to fill more than one CD, Disney will send as many additional CD's as it takes at no extra charge.

NOTE: Sharing a CD means that strangers (the people within the group) will have a copy of your trip photos. Some people may not be comfortable with that.

IMPORTANT: From the time the first photo is uploaded from the photopass card you must claim that photo on the Disney photopass website within 30 days. So everybody needs to get their photopass IDs added to the account as soon as possible upon their return. The sooner the better, so that everyone can get their CDs ASAP.

we are going 5\30 - 6/7.....

i think thats stretching it a bit though......

It depends on what the date of the first picture is uploaded would be i guess. You would fit in with my times nicely since you have 30 days from the upload.
I get there on the 21 and leave the 27th.

Only have 1 pm confirmation so far. I really hope to get enough people by next week so we can get this going. May is coming pretty fast. Please pm me if interested.

It depends on what the date of the first picture would be i guess. You would fit in with my times nicely since you have 30 days from the first picture.
I get there on the 21 and leave the 27th.

Also, it isn't 30 days from the date the picture was taken. It is 30 days from the date that they are uploaded to the website...

I would love to save the money too. I was trying to figure out away to tell my husband we needed to spend $100.00 for pics of Disney even before we left on our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter