Photopass+ Ride Photos

funkdot

Earning My Ears
Can someone explain how the photopass+ works with ride photos? Do I have to wait in line at the ride photos or is there someone there to just scan my card and off I go? I'm really trying to see if it's going to be a hindrance or if it's a good idea.

Any tips for the photopass+ also?

Can someone explain how the photopass+ works with ride photos? Do I have to wait in line at the ride photos or is there someone there to just scan my card and off I go? I'm really trying to see if it's going to be a hindrance or if it's a good idea.

Any tips for the photopass+ also?

You note your ride photo number, wait in line just as if you were purchasing. they will add it to your card. Get reciept so if it does not show up it can be corrected.

Denise in MI

Sorry for the hijack but I have a pp+ question too.

Do you have to get it added after each ride, or can you just make note of it and add it later on at a different location? I was thinking of accumulating the codes from various rides and then getting them added all at once - thinking it may save time. :confused3 I'm not even sure if this is possible? If I can, are there lots of places to get them added?

1st trip - can't you tell!!;)

how crowded is the place to purchase ride photos?

i didnt think many people bought them

Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out too. Waiting in line for photos will cut into my waiting in line for everything else time. :rotfl:

Not that it's necessarily crowded, but it does take them a while to get each person's photo printed, packaged and paid for.

From the Photpass Plus Facebook page...

Q. My family may split up and go on two different Attractions however only one Disney PhotoPass+ card is provided, what can I do?

R. If your family splits up and goes on different Attractions you may save your Ride Stub with the photo # and later on stop by the Attraction to claim the photo with your Disney PhotoPass+ card. Keep in mind that photos are available in our system for only 48 hours after capture; make sure you visit the Attraction to claim your photo within that time period.

Here is the link to the entire FAQ page...

http://www.facebook.com/notes/disneys-photopass-service/new-disney-photopass/10150650931518325

ETA: You do not get hard copy prints of your ride photo. You only get the digital file added to your Photopass+ card.

Last week at DLR, I would say that 2 out of 3 people were using Photopass+ at the ride photo area, and not buying it. I never had more than 2-3 people in front of me in line. The wait seemed no longer than that for a normal Photopass photographer. Not every CM working the photo sales window knew the process, so that would obviously add time.

I do believe that you need to claim the photo at that ride. You should be able to claim it later in the day, but I believe it needs to be at the ride in question, and not others.

Sorry for the hijack but I have a pp+ question too.

Do you have to get it added after each ride, or can you just make note of it and add it later on at a different location? I was thinking of accumulating the codes from various rides and then getting them added all at once - thinking it may save time. :confused3 I'm not even sure if this is possible? If I can, are there lots of places to get them added?

1st trip - can't you tell!!;)

You should get it at the ride if possible. One day, I forgot our lanyard in the room and I took the note of the picture #. I asked at the ride what I should do and they said take the number to any photo services location and they would add it as long as it was within 24 hours. So I did just that, but was told when I arrived at Photo services in MK that I had been given incorrect information. You need to take the number BACK TO THE RIDE WHERE YOU PURCHASE PHOTOS within 48 hours. I was able to add the photos from the day I forgot the lanyard, but it was a bit of anxiety trying to make sure I went back by Buzz and Splash within my 48 hour window since we went to a different park on the day in between.

Before the photopass+ I had only purchased 1 ride photo so I don't have much to compare to in terms of whether the lines are longer now or not, but at several rides in June, there were lots of people in line. The frustrating thing was that several groups in front of me would just be looking and oohing and ahhing over their ride photos and then debating with their group about whether to purchase one -- and of course in the end decide not to. I just wanted to get my lanyard scanned.

Perhaps it was just the time of year or I just was the unlucky person to get in line behind these groups, but it was particularly long at Splash, EE and Tower or Terror. Now I don't mean 30 minutes or anything, but perhaps 10 minutes.

graceesmom said:
You should get it at the ride if possible. One day, I forgot our lanyard in the room and I took the note of the picture #. I asked at the ride what I should do and they said take the number to any photo services location and they would add it as long as it was within 24 hours. So I did just that, but was told when I arrived at Photo services in MK that I had been given incorrect information. You need to take the number BACK TO THE RIDE WHERE YOU PURCHASE PHOTOS within 48 hours. I was able to add the photos from the day I forgot the lanyard, but it was a bit of anxiety trying to make sure I went back by Buzz and Splash within my 48 hour window since we went to a different park on the day in between.

Thanks so much for the info :)

We used PP+ the last week in August. We got a ton of ride photos. Most of the time, the line was very quick. We rode Space Mountain three times and two times the photo line was long (about 6 or 7 minutes of waiting). One of the times we rode Buzz the line was long. I must have waited at least ten minutes. It seemed like a million people were getting pictures that time and they had a million questions. All of the other times it was very quick. If you know you are riding a ride more than once you can get the photos added after the last time you ride that day. For example, we rode EE 5 or 6 times at rope drop. Each time I got off I had the CM write the photo number down for me. After we rode for the last time I went to the photo desk and gave them all of the papers and they added all of my EE photos at once. We have never bought ride photos before, but I am so glad we did the PP+. I love how the ride photos came!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter