• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PhotoPass Rep Told Me Only Certain Guests Can Pre-Order the CD

DiznEeyore

<font color=navy>Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member<br><fon
I emailed PhotoPass a few days ago to ask how soon before our trip I could pre-order our CD. I'd heard 90 days, 180 days, and "it doesn't matter". I figured I'd go to the source.

The first reply was a long, detailed description of every possible email I could receive depending on "what product" I ordered through PhotoPass, and never once answered my question.

I wrote back asking them to actually answer the original question, and this is the reply I received:

"Thank you for your recent visit to DisneyPhotoPass.com.

You are correct that you do will be able to order your preorder PhotoCD 90 days out from your reservation at the Walt Disney World Resort. If you have received e-mail from the Walt Disney Travel Company then you are one of the guests who have been selected to receive this pre-purchase offer. Only guests who receive the e-mail may receive the pre-purchase offer as this is not a promotion offered by our DisneyPhotoPass.com website.

Sincerely,
XXXX
Disney Photo Imaging Guest Support Team"

What's up with that? First the guy doesn't answer my question at all, then he says that the general public isn't entitled to pre-order. :confused3

I swear, we've had so many problems with CMs while planning our upcoming trip (deposits not refunded when a reservation was cancelled, even after TWO calls to CRO and promises that it had been done; being triple-charged by DVC for an exchange fee; an ADR cancelled by a CM without our knowledge) I'm starting to think that Disney would be wise to invest some serious money in castmember training and customer service for every branch of their company!

:sad2:

I never used an e-mail from Disney Photo Pass to pre-order. I do not have the link right now, but it was posted here previously I thought. I don't think it is an intuitive link from the actual site - so perhaps it once came from a promotion, but the site certainly let me pre-order. Perhaps someone can point the OP to the thread with that info.

I never used an e-mail from Disney Photo Pass to pre-order. I do not have the link right now, but it was posted here previously I thought. I don't think it is an intuitive link from the actual site - so perhaps it once came from a promotion, but the site certainly let me pre-order. Perhaps someone can point the OP to the thread with that info.

I know. I've had the site bookmarked for quite a while. That's why I'm so perplexed over this email. Plus, the grammar/syntax is really bad, so I'm wondering if this guy is even in the U.S. and understanding what the pre-order deal really is. :confused:

When I sent an email asking about it last year I was told you had to get an email to pre-order so I responded asking if I could be sent that e-mail and they did send it to me. This year I just used a link on this board purchased it and had no problem.

They keep saying that, whenever someone writes with that question. And yet people continue to be able to pre-order!

You can pre-order. That email is worth of the delete folder. Sorry to sounds do negative, but the poor grammar is proof to me that he has no idea what he is talking about.

It is possible that they don't intend for just anyone to pre-order. I don't think you can navigate to the pre-order link from the photopass front page---at least, I couldn't find it in a few minutes' trying.

But, the link is literally everywhere.

How much is the CD if you don't preorder?

$125 and if you can have them take 70 or so pics to make it worth it and costs less per pic. i aways try to get over 100 pics to make it very worth it. but thats just me.

1) including google.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pre-order+photopass&btnG=Search

#1 result for me.

2) the system doesn't require you to enter in some kind of referral (and it very easily could)

3) noone has ever been denied to the best of my knowledge

4) don't trust anything you get from an official source. they can and are wrong/mistaken just as often as they are correct. it's a big gaping issue but nothing new. send off 4 emails asking how long the coupon is good for and you're bound to get 10 different answers.

I just got through to the PP site through bradk's link to google, and was able to put the pre-purchased PP CD in my basket.

and let me clarify, which I've said before elsewhere. if they didn't want to be in google, it's completely optional and one has to believe disney knows a little something about creating websites.

I just prepurchased and my date to be in the Park is December 16, which is over 100 days out. They did not ask when I would be there and I did not see anywhere it said you could not order this early.

Does anyone have any information about this. Hope I didn't screw up but I did not want to try and find this information later on.

I pre-purchased earlier today and received the email right away. We leave very early Saturday morning for our first trip to the World. YEA!!!!!!

At one point I was told the same thing about getting the email beforehand to be able to pre-purchase the CD. I was told that by a CM when I called to book our photo shoot at the GF.

That's right, when I first heard about the preorder cd, I decided to email the photopass people to as them the same thing, and they answer that i had to wait to get an email with this offer and well basically the same thing they told you.

It is possible that they don't intend for just anyone to pre-order. I don't think you can navigate to the pre-order link from the photopass front page---at least, I couldn't find it in a few minutes' trying.

But, the link is literally everywhere.

I got to the same conclusion, they don't want you to order this, it's obvious (sp?) they want you to pay full price, but hey the code is everywhere so just use it.

We preordered without receiving a special email. We had no problem. I just did a google search and discovered the link. We got over 500 pictures when all was said and done on photo pass. Yes, we went a little overboard.

we pre-ordered ours last year for our Dec trip and also ended up wit over 500 pics:rolleyes1 ...we will pre-order it again this year for our Dec trip...I ordered mine a couple months before we went last year

Oh MAN this is TOO WEIRD!!! After getting to the end of this thread I went back to my email and had one from Disney to get 20% off my PP CD!!!! I had already purchased it earlier today. Timing is a little eerie!!! Maybe its a good omen for our trip!! :goodvibes

I had a photo shoot of my daughter if you take copy of email preordering cd you get photo shoot at grand floridian for $25 instead of $50 it was a lot of fun to do.:cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter