Photopass questions

jngwright

DIS Veteran
My next trip will be just me and my 2 DS(5). I am considering not hauling the camera around with me-I am more concerned with making sure no one is escaping while I set up my shot:laughing:
What is photopass exactly? Are photographers everywhere? Is there a cost? Will I majorly regret it if I don't bring the camera? I have about 300 pictures from their first trip in Dec '06...
TIA:flower3:

no charge for having photos taken, only if you buy prints or the cd or other products.

i'd advise you to bring your camera for several reasons. primarily, photopass won't be everywhere.

read http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass which will tell you everything you want to know, need to know and much more about photopass

While photopass is great for those professional pics of everyone in front of the castle or with some characters, I would never dream of not bring my camera. Photopass isn't everywhere and in my experience, does not always produce the best photos so having my own camera is the best backup.

I did not think I would use the photo pass, but I got a card anyway. It was wonderful. Just ask the photographer for a photo pass card and they scan it every time they take the picture. We left our card in our room one day and they gave us another card. At the end of our trip we had 3 cards and they combined them together on one. It is free for them to take the picture.
My tip: I paid full price 124.00 but I think you can preorder for a cheaper price. I did not know that before I went.
With 2 families we had 179 pictures.
On my camera I had 124 pictures.
I would bring my own camera too.

i advise *not* having photopass merged cards together. i've heard multiple reports where photos got lost in the process. the system is designed to handle multiple cards as it is.

Photopass is nice, but can be kind of expensive. I'd take the camera along and when you get the CM's taking your pictures for photopass, just ask them to take them with your camera as well...for free!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter