photopass question

luvsvacation

Mouseketeer
We took a 2 week trip to WDW a few years ago and pre-ordered photopass. It was great, we loved the pix! We are going to DLR this summer, but only for 3 days as part of an 18 day roadtrip out west. DLR is not the main part of our trip, just a couple of days out of it. I had not even considered getting photopass this time until I found out how much cheaper it was than WDW. At 150.00 there was no way I was doing it, but for 70.00 I'm considering it. One thing that would sway me is that is says you get pictures from "limited rides". Does anyone know what rides you can get photos from?? At WDW a few years ago it was only Test Track. If they have a decent amount of ride photos available it would be worth it to me :)

You get all the ride photos they offer.
In DL they are at Space and Splash. In DCA...ToT, RSR, CA Screamin. I could be missing some, but that is all I can think of.

Right from Disney PhotoPass+ Facebook page:

Disneyland Resort Participating Attractions:
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
California Screamin’
Radiator Springs Racers

Disneyland Resort Participating Dining Locations:
PCH Grill
Goofy’s Kitchen
Ariel’s Grotto
Plaza Inn

Disney PhotoPass+ Includes:
PhotoPass+ Card and Lanyard
A gallery CD with over 300 stock photos
A unique code to create and order a PhotoCD with all your photos online at DisneyPhotoPass.com
Select Dining photos
Select Attraction photos

I just ordered ours as well. You're right the price with the attraction pics included make it hard to pass up, ;) :)

We recently ordered ours for the discounted price of $69.95 from the Photopass + site, and had it delivered (via regular mail) in less than 2 weeks, super quick service.

I feel that this is outstanding value, as I would like to spend 1-2 days, with no bags or cameras around my neck/over the shoulder, and get the poses with the photographers, as we pass them.

DS and our new DDIL will be joining us, this is her first trip to the states. I hope they have loads of great memories from the pictures that the photgrapher's will take (mine always look like I take my photos with a potato, yes they are that bad).

It is a great deal, and well worth the expenditure.

I had the photo pass before and it's a great value. You can as many ride photos loaded to that you want. I think we had 12 just from screamin. Also we ate at Minnie's for breakfast and we got an 8x10 and several 5x7 photos in a nice folder. There are several photo people out and about and they walked us all over to get great pictures.

Thanks for all the replies, I think I am going to order it!! Looks like now they send you a photopass card before your trip and you use the same card throughout?? Last time at WDW we had several photopass cards, photographers would take pix and hand us one. Sometimes we would give them one of ours that we already had and they would just add to it. By the end of our trip we had about 5 cards and just plugged them all into our account. I'm really excited about all the ride photos :)

I just received my photopass yesterday for our July trip, and it contained a voucher, not the actual photopass card.

Can I ask a question about the attraction photos?

Are any of the photos from within the hard-to-photograph attractions, like Pirates or Small World or the Haunted Mansion?

The reason I ask is that years and years ago when my parents took us as kids, they were able to buy a sleeve of slides (yup, that long ago) of photos from inside these rides. Those photos are the basis of some of my most enduring memories of those trips!

For our past three visits I have searched all over for places where i could buy similar, updated photos. Every place I've asked people have said, "No, we don't have that, but what a good idea! We SHOULD have that!"

So ... is that what it is now?? If that's the case, then I am so excited!!

The only rides that take photographs while you are riding is SM, Splash, RSR, Screamin, TOT. I think thats it. It takes a photo of you, and after your ride, jot down the number on the screen, and go strait to the kiosk to have that photo loaded onto your photopass card

Can I ask a question about the attraction photos?

Are any of the photos from within the hard-to-photograph attractions, like Pirates or Small World or the Haunted Mansion?

The reason I ask is that years and years ago when my parents took us as kids, they were able to buy a sleeve of slides (yup, that long ago) of photos from inside these rides. Those photos are the basis of some of my most enduring memories of those trips!

For our past three visits I have searched all over for places where i could buy similar, updated photos. Every place I've asked people have said, "No, we don't have that, but what a good idea! We SHOULD have that!"

So ... is that what it is now?? If that's the case, then I am so excited!!

I should clarify about my own question ... I'm talking about the STOCK PHOTOS of the rides that come with the Photopass. Are any of them of the interiors of the rides?

They will send you a voucher not the actual card. You will have to take it to the camera shop in with DCA or DL to get the actual photopass card. There is a photopass photographer in DL right before the castle by the Walt and Mickey statue. I believe his name was Dave. HE WAS AWESOME!!!! He said that is his spot. He took amazing photos and got beautiful magic shots with my two little girls.

There are a lot of pictures on the stock CD, but I don't think they're what you're looking for. There are some good ones of Fantasmic and Fireworks though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter