• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass question...

PrincessMommy05

Mouseketeer
I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere. We are trying to decide between the Photopass and Photopass+. When I learned about PP+ it was to late to preorder so we would be buying it at the park for $199 or preordering the regular photopass for $119.

My question is, if we were to get the regular photopass, can we get the pictures they take at the character meals added to our regular photopass card or will they only add them to the photopass+. That's really my only concern, I'm not worried about the ride photos because with a 2 and 4 year old we won't be doing most of those rides and if I have the character meals on CD I can print them myself.

Thanks in advance!! We leave in the morning :cheer2::cheer2: and I'm trying to get this all figured out last minute. We have 5 character meals booked and I don't want to get to the first one and learn to late they won't add the pictures to my regular card.

No you can't. Meal photos are for plus but you can buy the pics for 15-20$ per meal.

Well I wonder if that applies to the photos they take when the characters are going around or just the entry one. Will they take a picture with my camera when we go in?

I would have bought it had it been $149 when I first discovered it, but it was $169 and that was to big of a jump for me from the $119 since we won't be using any of the thrill ride photos. Now I just can't see it being worth $199 unless they won't take any photos for us. Hmmmmm, decisions decisions.

I wish you could preorder it and pick it up at the parks!!

If you have the regular photopass, you have to pay extra for the meal photo. You get a folder with various sized copies of a single photo and they can be added onto your photopass card as well.

You don't mention what character meals you are doing. The only participating locations are 1900 Park Fare; 'Ohana (breakfast only); Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show; Chef Mickey’s; Cinderella’s Royal Table; Tusker House (breakfast only); Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue; and Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.

Cinderella's Royal Table and Akershus photos are included in the meal package anyway. At Ohana and Chef Mickey you don't meet a charater in the foyer, your photo is just with a sign for the restaurant (we never buy these ones) At Tusker, you meet Donald in his Safari outfit.

If you're not concerned about the ride photos, it might not even be worth the extra expense to do PP+

I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere. We are trying to decide between the Photopass and Photopass+. When I learned about PP+ it was to late to preorder so we would be buying it at the park for $199 or preordering the regular photopass for $119.

My question is, if we were to get the regular photopass, can we get the pictures they take at the character meals added to our regular photopass card or will they only add them to the photopass+. That's really my only concern, I'm not worried about the ride photos because with a 2 and 4 year old we won't be doing most of those rides and if I have the character meals on CD I can print them myself.

Thanks in advance!! We leave in the morning :cheer2::cheer2: and I'm trying to get this all figured out last minute. We have 5 character meals booked and I don't want to get to the first one and learn to late they won't add the pictures to my regular card.

There are no Photopass Photographers inside the restaurant locations. They are at the entrance where they take the photo of either you and your family with your "greeter" such as Cinderella at CRT or Donald at Tusker House. They will also use your camera to take a photo with Donald and Cinderella.

Inside the restaurant, you have to use your own camera. Sometimes the staff can help but they're often busy so you're responsible for taking the photos.

Well I wonder if that applies to the photos they take when the characters are going around or just the entry one. Will they take a picture with my camera when we go in?

I would have bought it had it been $149 when I first discovered it, but it was $169 and that was to big of a jump for me from the $119 since we won't be using any of the thrill ride photos. Now I just can't see it being worth $199 unless they won't take any photos for us. Hmmmmm, decisions decisions.

I wish you could preorder it and pick it up at the parks!!

If you have the regular photopass, you have to pay extra for the meal photo. You get a folder with various sized copies of a single photo and they can be added onto your photopass card as well.

You don't mention what character meals you are doing. The only participating locations are 1900 Park Fare; 'Ohana (breakfast only); Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show; Chef Mickey’s; Cinderella’s Royal Table; Tusker House (breakfast only); Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue; and Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.

Cinderella's Royal Table and Akershus photos are included in the meal package anyway. At Ohana and Chef Mickey you don't meet a charater in the foyer, your photo is just with a sign for the restaurant (we never buy these ones) At Tusker, you meet Donald in his Safari outfit.

If you're not concerned about the ride photos, it might not even be worth the extra expense to do PP+

Thank you so much for your reply. The last time we did a character meal IIRC there was a PP photographer there for each character (at CP, but this was a few years ago), so I'm glad to know it's changed. We're doing CRT, Askerhaus, Tusker House, H&V, and CP. I will also be sure my camera battery is all charged up!! The only meal we're doing where we might even be interested is the Tusker House, but there will be other opportunities for photos with Donald.

Thanks again!!

Thank you so much for your reply. The last time we did a character meal IIRC there was a PP photographer there for each character (at CP, but this was a few years ago), so I'm glad to know it's changed. We're doing CRT, Askerhaus, Tusker House, H&V, and CP. I will also be sure my camera battery is all charged up!! The only meal we're doing where we might even be interested is the Tusker House, but there will be other opportunities for photos with Donald.

Thanks again!!

You can meet Donald in his Safari outfit at Camp Mickey and Minnie. You can also get the photographer to use your camera and take the photo with Donald at Tusker House and just not buy the photo.

CP and H&V isn't included in the package, CRT and Askerhus are included in your meal price anyway so only Tusker House would be included for PP+. Since you're not interested in the rides, I'd skip PP+.

:thumbsup2 Glad I could help :)

No you can't. Meal photos are for plus but you can buy the pics for 15-20$ per meal.

If you buy the photo package you can add them to regular photopass. On the outside margin of the large photo is a code to enter into the photopass account. That way all the pictures the photographer take are in your account, not just the print they hand you.

Photopass + is a fantastic buy! But unfortunately you cannot add the meals. It pays for itself if you have all the character meals planned. We did ohana, tusker, chef Mickey plus the ride photos.

Oh and you actually get the hard copy too. Make sure to head to the pp counter to have it added to your card as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter