• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Quality

epcot1982uk

Mouseketeer
Hi guys! New to DISboards and this is my first thread!

I just wanted to know what are the quality of the Photopass pictures in DL?

I have had a bad experience in WDW. Although there was no shortage of photographers, (DF and I mangaed to have well over 150 photographs taken!) there was a shortage of good shots when we had a look at them! Most had bad composition, some made it look like the castle was falling over and in others had us totally blocking the icon (castle, spaceship earth etc!) We found it hard to find one that we wanted to get printed.

Does anybody have feedback on the quality of the photographs? Or maybe a favourite spot to have them taken? I will be in DL in September and cannot wait!

Thanks!

The only issue I have with the pictures taken of us has been the adult subjects! :rotfl: (the child subject looks adorable always)

But I haven't had any printed yet; we buy the CD which allows you to edit them, add fun borders, and then you get the official permission to print them anywhere you wish to. The pictures seem clear on the CD, though!

I have some of our pictures up towards the end of my September and December trip reports, linked to in my signature, if you want to see.

I have not purchased a cd because I never look good in the photos, it could be I am trying too hard, I am a sucker for pictures! Since I am the one taking the pictures we have so few that include me in them and it is nice if I am included in the album.
This trip I hope to get many taken to improve the odds. DH thinks it's dumb, I own a camera store , I run the lab , I do my own photos................but I can't take them at the same time without bringing tripods and junk I don't want to carry. Oh and I can't put all the Disney magic in my photos.
Keep trying , good luck , hope yours are perfect.

We did the photopass on our first ever trip last year. I will say that the picture quality is like any other pictures you get. It all depends on who takes the pictures on how good they are. I have a pretty decent memory so during the day we went to a photo viewing area and checked out what we already had. From there I would check my memory on who was the photographer for that picture. If we didn't like their pictures we would do our best to avoid them and use a different photographer. Sometimes we even had the same location photographed multiple times by different people. Doing this you figure atleast a couple pictures had to turn out good...

Thanks Disney-&-Baseball, that is a great idea! I will be sure to have multiple photos taken in the same area and will always check at the kiosks so that i can avoid the bad photographers!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter