Photopass problems

pmickus

Mouseketeer
Just received my photos from Disney and having trouble uploading them to my computer. Each disc (4 in all) uploads about 2/3 of the photos then just spins and will not upload the rest. I think the discs might be corrupted. Have a call into photopass. Has anyone else every experienced this?

Can you just do a simple copy and paste from the disc into a folder on your computer?

I tried that as well and nothing. Hopefully Disney can just resend me the disks and I will try again.

Got another computer/laptop you can try? That will rule out whether it's the disks themselves or actually the disk drive.

I did try it on 2 separate computers so I guess it is the disks. Hopefully Disney will get back to me soon since my pics expire on their website this weekend.

placed my order in January. Still waiting for my DVD. :mad:

Have you called or e-mailed them? Depending on when in January, that seems like much too long. My CD usually comes within 7-10 days of ordering (I've done the CDs about 7-8 times and never waited longer than 10 days or 2 weeks).

I did try it on 2 separate computers so I guess it is the disks. Hopefully Disney will get back to me soon since my pics expire on their website this weekend.

Once they expire there is a limited amount of time which Disney can restore them. I know this because my daughter's senior class trip was to Disney and her birthday present from her dad and I was to purchase the CD. In an effort to give her as much time as possible to add borders and such, we marked the calendar for the last day to purchase. Oooops, I marked the wrong day. :confused3 DUH! Two days after they expired I called Disney in a panic to purchase. :scared1:

They were awesome. They restored them for 24 hours so we could purchase them. :thumbsup2

So, what I am saying is...as long as you call Disney relatively soon, they should be able to help you. They will preserve your pics for them to help you figure out the problem and get it fixed.

No service like Disney service.

Oh how weird!! I was complaining about the same thing last week. I had 5 discs. They all work fine aside from disc one which does as the OP described. In fact I have to force my laptop to shut down as everything freezes. It only opens the first few rows of pics. I looked at the under side of the disc and noticed there seems to be a kind of 'bubble' of air between the actual disc and the shiny coating :confused3 All I know is that I can use the other four but not that one. Now I should add that I got mine in December but just didn't have time to go through them all until now.

... I looked at the under side of the disc and noticed there seems to be a kind of 'bubble' of air between the actual disc and the shiny coating :confused3 All I know is that I can use the other four but not that one. Now I should add that I got mine in December but just didn't have time to go through them all until now.

Sounds to me like Disney may have purchased a bad batch of discs. Even though it was December, I would call them and see that they can do. Like I've said before... there is no service like Disney service. And if they can do anything to restore your pics, they will.

Sounds to me like Disney may have purchased a bad batch of discs. Even though it was December, I would call them and see that they can do. Like I've said before... there is no service like Disney service. And if they can do anything to restore your pics, they will.

You are absolutely right. I just feel so silly as it has been 3 months. All I did was randomly pick some out of the other discs and for some reason I obviously hadn't checked the first one. The others were fine and I only noticed because I wanted to copy all the images to an external hard drive as it is so much quicker to access and open the images. Thanks. I will give them a call or send an email. I hope everyone else gets it sorted out too.

I called them this morning and they are resending new disks. Hopefully this will work. The CM was very nice and told me that the Technical Dept would look into finding the corrupt file. I had over 1000 pics (5 families) so there was not way I could find the bad file. I am glad I tried to upload before they expired. In fact Disney extended my photos until this is resolved.

placed my order in January. Still waiting for my DVD. :mad:

You need to contact them. If you ordered the actual CD in Jan, they should have been there by now (unless you're overseas and have to deal with customs). Mine was here in something like a week.

sent email tonight. Order was placed on 1/22/2010. Thanks for the encouragement. Let's hope for good news, like they are hand carrying the CD's to me here in outside of Atlanta. :thumbsup2

Oh how weird!! I was complaining about the same thing last week. I had 5 discs. They all work fine aside from disc one which does as the OP described. In fact I have to force my laptop to shut down as everything freezes. It only opens the first few rows of pics. I looked at the under side of the disc and noticed there seems to be a kind of 'bubble' of air between the actual disc and the shiny coating :confused3 All I know is that I can use the other four but not that one. Now I should add that I got mine in December but just didn't have time to go through them all until now.

This is EXACTLY how one of our discs were - the bubbles underneath. I never could get it to load on any of our computers and then it exploded in the disc drive of my desktop computer. :eek:

I called Photopass and they were wonderful. They immediately extended the photos online and resent all of the discs from the entire order (they said that they had no way of duplicating exactly which photos were on which disc so they resend the whole order). For my trouble they also gave me an online code for 1 free download since there was a photo we wanted printed for a holiday gift and this was close to Christmas time.

It did take a couple of weeks to get the new discs (well after Christmas) but I can't say enough good things about their customer service.

You are absolutely right. I just feel so silly as it has been 3 months. All I did was randomly pick some out of the other discs and for some reason I obviously hadn't checked the first one. The others were fine and I only noticed because I wanted to copy all the images to an external hard drive as it is so much quicker to access and open the images. Thanks. I will give them a call or send an email. I hope everyone else gets it sorted out too.

Three months... right over the holdiay season. Yea, I don't get non-holiday/non-urgent things done from Thanksgiving to the end of January (I also have three kids birthdays in that time frame).

Once you get a response.... let us know how it goes. ;)

Received my new disks today and they uploaded perfectly!!! Got to love Disney service. I guess you should always try to upload before your pic expire just in case there are disk issues.

Why don't they have many 2011 borders? In general it seems like less than last time I used it (2009).

Is there a place to see what the borders are? I have already preordered the CD, but I would like to have a sneak peek at the borders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter