Photopass plus - worth it or not?

Wismgari

Mouseketeer
What are people's opinions on this? I have never been to Disney so it is hard for me to work out! There is only me and my partner going so we could take picture of each other but would struggle to get pictures of us together... although he may be reluctant to get in some of the pictures anyway! We have 3 character meals booked (I am so excited about these!!) - Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace and Ohana. I am not bothered by the big scary rides but will go on most (I refuse to go on anything that will spin me very very fast, make me go upside down or drop me from great heights... that does not sound fun!). I am desperate to have my picture taken with as many characters as possible and be as big a kid as I can possibly be for the 2 weeks I am there (I am spending all but one day in Disney - the other day I am off to Discovery Cove).

So, what do people think? Worth it for me or not? Thanks in advance :)

You would get the photo packages at both Chef Mickeys and Ohana. These are just posed photos not with a character but are nice memories. They will cost around $30 if you buy them without the photo pass plus. One of these and you have made up the difference between the normal photopass CD pre-order and the Photopass plus pre-order.

The on ride photos are from:
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear space ranger spin
Test Track
Tower of Terror
Rock n Roller coaster
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur

We used it for the first time last trip and I like getting the meal photos and the on-ride photos as we do all the rides except Dinosaur.

We loved photo pass plus. We had it on our last trip and had 600 photos and after editing and adding boarders had 1000 added to 3 CDs.

At character meals you get all the photos they take added to the card but you also get the photo packages at no charge $26.99 these include 1 large photo and 4 small.

It is nice to have photos of both of you. This was the first time we had ever pre ordered and we only did because we have DD now. But we won't go with out it now.

I will be getting it! I loved photos and loved getting lots of pictures. I think it will be worth it!!

Done the regular photopass 4 times, wouldn't do the Photopass plus. Not interested in ride photos or dining photos, if you are then it is worth it.

We have done regular photopass before, but this will be our first time with Photopass plus. Out inlaws are taking us on holiday so we decided to splash out so we could have some lovely pic of the 5 of us. Not sure we would do it if it were just the 2 of us though. I would definitely recommend doing regular PhotoPass though.

Thanks for all the replies - can anyone explain to me simply what the differences are between photopass and plus? Also do you have to pay to have the CDs delivered to the UK?

Thanks for all the replies - can anyone explain to me simply what the differences are between photopass and plus?

With photopass+ you have all of the photopass perks and you also get :
- participating rides photographs (you need to note down the number of your photograph on the screens at the end of the ride. Go to the shop and show your pp+ card and picture number, and this picture is added to your photopass+. No limit on how many ride photos you can get)
- participating restaurants photographs. You get a photopass code to add to your account (sometimes it's even added automatically) with the picture you get taken at the entrance (with a character) or at the entrance of a show, and you also receive prints, during the meal, one large and a few smaller ones

Also do you have to pay to have the CDs delivered to the UK?

if you want the CD delivered to the UK there will be a $15 S&H fee you'll need to pay when you order the CD. (this fee is the same whatever the number of CDs required to hold all of your pictures)
You can also download the CD from the internet, at no charge, if you choose the download method. You'll get the links to download zip archives (150Mb each) within 48 hours, but you'll need to burn a CD yourself

you can pre-purchase the photopass+ at $149 instead of $199 and you need to do that at least 14 days before your check in date.

Thank you to everyone for your help on this - I just ordered my photopass plus! :cool1: Cannot wait to see all my pictures! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter