• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Plus voucher redemption locations?

pixar mark

Mouseketeer
I prepurchased photopass plus and just received my voucher in the mail. I understand there are photoshops inside the parks where you can redeem this for the photopass card. But what I want to know - is there a shop where I can redeem this the night before my first day that doesn't require park admission? Basically, is there someplace in Downtown Disney or a hotel, so I don't have to waste early morning park time doing this? If it matters, I'm staying offsite. Thanks!

You can only redeem at the photo shop in DL (on right side corner of street before you get to Plaza Inn) or a sore in DCA but I don't know which one.

Go enjoy your magic/early morning and then go back to redeem your voucher later. You can get regular Photopass cards from the photographers first and they can then add them to your plus card when you get it

The photoshop in DCA is on the right side of Beuna Vista as you enter the park - you go in near where the lockers are located.

They allow guests on Main Street (DL) and Buena Vista Street (DCA) 30 minutes before the park is open. You can redeem your PP+ voucher then without wasting park time.

Thanks for asking this! I had the same question, and didn't know where the photo shop was. Totally going to do this before they drop the rope our first morning -- I forgot that Main Street would be open! :goodvibes

I prepurchased photopass plus and just received my voucher in the mail. I understand there are photoshops inside the parks where you can redeem this for the photopass card. But what I want to know - is there a shop where I can redeem this the night before my first day that doesn't require park admission? Basically, is there someplace in Downtown Disney or a hotel, so I don't have to waste early morning park time doing this? If it matters, I'm staying offsite. Thanks!

I had the same question and I was told that the shop in California Adventure is called Kingswell Camera Shop. This is the one I will be having to pick my card up at June 2nd :) Have a great trip!

Thanks! Our first day will be a magic morning day, so unfortunately I can't take advantage of being on Main Street before park open. But I will take Awdsmama's advice and just get a regular card and add it later. Honestly, I'm not sure why Disney doesn't just send the actual card you need rather than the voucher. Seems like the first time they scan the card at a photo location, it could start the 14 day clock. Seems like an unnecessary step for visitors.

Thanks! Our first day will be a magic morning day, so unfortunately I can't take advantage of being on Main Street before park open. But I will take Awdsmama's advice and just get a regular card and add it later. Honestly, I'm not sure why Disney doesn't just send the actual card you need rather than the voucher. Seems like the first time they scan the card at a photo location, it could start the 14 day clock. Seems like an unnecessary step for visitors.

I know right! If you do a character breafast you have to get the card to show before you can get the hard copy pictures or you have to buy them and then take to the camera place I guess to get reimbursed for the money you paid for the pcitures at the character thingy if you don't have your card. Wow what a waste of time and effort. Send us the card please! Ok rant over.

I know right! If you do a character breafast you have to get the card to show before you can get the hard copy pictures or you have to buy them and then take to the camera place I guess to get reimbursed for the money you paid for the pcitures at the character thingy if you don't have your card. Wow what a waste of time and effort. Send us the card please! Ok rant over.

This might depend on where you eat at, but that wasn't the case for us. We had dinner at Goofys Kitchen the night before our first day in the parks. When the guy came around to show me the pictures I gave him my voucher and he was able to issue me the PP+ card there.

This might depend on where you eat at, but that wasn't the case for us. We had dinner at Goofys Kitchen the night before our first day in the parks. When the guy came around to show me the pictures I gave him my voucher and he was able to issue me the PP+ card there.

We are doing a character one at Ariels Grotto. I had read that you can purchase them at the character dining locations but not redeem the vouchers there but only at the 2 places 1 in DL and 1 at DCA. So that is great to know but may not work at all places perhaps.

We are doing a lunch time of 11 so should be able to get our pass card before heading to lunch.

If you are booking a character meal on your arrival day before your park day, you can redeem the Photo Pass + at the character meal location. For us, it's at Goofy's Kitchen and we had dinner there. When the CM showed us the picture package, we just showed him/her the voucher and then he/she came back with our picture package and the photo pass + card with the lanyard. I read others also redeem their photo pass + card at PCH Grill (Mickey's Surf Up breakfast) too. Hope that helps.

We are having dinner at Goofy's Kitchen before our first day in the park too and have also ordered the Photo Pass+ (which STILL has not shown up in the mail, ugh. :worried: ). I contacted Photo Pass+ before purchasing it as I was worried that we wouldn't be able to redeem our voucher before going to the dinner since we wouldn't be entering the park and received this response:

Thank you for your interest in our Disney PhotoPass+ offer.

You can take your information to the dining location, and they should be able to fulfill your order there. If they can't, they will provide you with a temporary PhotoPass card that you can later claim in your account that will have your dining photos attached to it. Then the next day, you can redeem your voucher at the appropriate location.

We are having dinner at Goofy's Kitchen before our first day in the park too and have also ordered the Photo Pass+ (which STILL has not shown up in the mail, ugh. :worried: ). I contacted Photo Pass+ before purchasing it as I was worried that we wouldn't be able to redeem our voucher before going to the dinner since we wouldn't be entering the park and received this response:

Thank you for your interest in our Disney PhotoPass+ offer.

You can take your information to the dining location, and they should be able to fulfill your order there. If they can't, they will provide you with a temporary PhotoPass card that you can later claim in your account that will have your dining photos attached to it. Then the next day, you can redeem your voucher at the appropriate location.

I actually did the same thing as you to call the PhotoPass+ at home and asked them if I can redeem the voucher at locations other that inside the park. They told me "NO" and said I can only redeem inside the parks. But I read posts here that people redeemed it at PCH Grill Mickey's Surf Up early this year, and also at Goofy's. So I just brought my voucher with me to Goofy's Kitchen for dinner and sure the CM got the photopass+ card for me right there. It's a great help so we didn't have to worry about wasting time to redeem at the park.

Anyway, just remember to bring your voucher to Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast or dinner, so hope that they are still doing the same. We just went in mid-March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter