photopass plus, is it worth it?

planningjollyholiday

DIS Veteran
Sorry for another thread about the photopass plus but i'm going back and forth trying to decide if it is worth it to purchase it.
My friends just got back and said that the photographers were everywhere. We are going the end of september/beginning of october and my concern is that because its "off season" that there won't be very many photographers roaming around. Also, will we be able to get pictures at the halloween party with all the characters there? Finally, i know you have 30 days to get your photo cd, but if i decide to make a calender etc, after the 30 days will it still be possible or am i out of luck? Oops, one more question....for the canadians out there, did it cost a lot to ship to canada?
Thanks a bunch!

We went in Nov last year and didn't have a problem finding photographers. I believe shipping to Canada is free.

Sorry for another thread about the photopass plus but i'm going back and forth trying to decide if it is worth it to purchase it.
My friends just got back and said that the photographers were everywhere. We are going the end of september/beginning of october and my concern is that because its "off season" that there won't be very many photographers roaming around. Also, will we be able to get pictures at the halloween party with all the characters there? Finally, i know you have 30 days to get your photo cd, but if i decide to make a calender etc, after the 30 days will it still be possible or am i out of luck? Oops, one more question....for the canadians out there, did it cost a lot to ship to canada?
Thanks a bunch!

Yes, it's worth it, especially if you dine at one of the character meals (where you get the $30 pics) or want ($15) ride photos.

You can always make a calendar with your pictures on Shutterfly at anytime.

I'm glad you posted this. I'm debating this same decision. I'd love to have the professional pics. We're going with a group of 8 (2 families). I take loads of pics on my camera, but would love to get all the professional ones too. We won't do a character meal, but there will be several ride pics. And character meet and greets, holiday pics too-mid Nov trip. May need to go re-read the original thread on this.

Does anyone know, if I upload some of my own photos, then add Disney borders to them, will they be included in the Photo CD?

We have been a few times in the Fall & there always seemed to be plenty of PP photographers around. We buy it every year (regular PP). I just received our PP Plus pkg this past week. I am super excited to be able to get the ride pics & the character meal shots as well! :) and shipping to Canada was FREE!!

I'm glad you posted this. I'm debating this same decision. I'd love to have the professional pics. We're going with a group of 8 (2 families). I take loads of pics on my camera, but would love to get all the professional ones too. We won't do a character meal, but there will be several ride pics. And character meet and greets, holiday pics too-mid Nov trip. May need to go re-read the original thread on this.

Of course, if 2 families are planning on PP+ sharing, keep it mind you only get one PP+ card. So it's a logistical problem to have the card in the right place at the right time, if people split up. There are ways to get the ride pics added to your PP+ card if you don't have it with you, but it's an added chore.

Of course, if 2 families are planning on PP+ sharing, keep it mind you only get one PP+ card. So it's a logistical problem to have the card in the right place at the right time, if people split up. There are ways to get the ride pics added to your PP+ card if you don't have it with you, but it's an added chore.

We found a work-around for ride photos. While my wife had the PhotoPlus card, I took a photo of the back of the PhotoPlus Card with my phone, then showed the photo at the ride photo booth. They had no problem adding the photos to my account using the serial number in the photo. Not sure if the individual photographers have this option.

They will be included.

Excellent, thanks for the info!

We found a work-around for ride photos. While my wife had the PhotoPlus card, I took a photo of the back of the PhotoPlus Card with my phone, then showed the photo at the ride photo booth. They had no problem adding the photos to my account using the serial number in the photo. Not sure if the individual photographers have this option.

Good solution! That might work for the dining photos too if for some reason you are not dining together. And as far as the individual photographers, they all give up PP cards, which you can add to your PP account along with your PP+ card.

They will be included.

Has this changed with PP+? Because in the past, the photopass CD did NOT contain personal photos.

And the personal photos uploaded got a totally different group of borders, which were few and far between, and fairly sad and boring as well.

It might have changed, but before, you had to order the separately-priced personal photo CD to get those. Which was hardly worth it, given the very few borders available, since you were basically buying a CD of your own photos for far more than the borders were worth.

I thought it was well worth it and i am a bargain shopper. We planned a character breakfast and it included those photos as well as Space Mtn, Carsland, Splash. That alone is worth the price. But you also get the pictures EVERYTIME you go on the ride so then you can later decide which one you like or learn to sit so everyone shows. It was also part of the reason I decided to do Aladdin lunch w/ DD since the photos would already be included in my PP.
You get your meal photos at that time in the folder the rest are added on the CD and it' s not hard to add additional photo card #s to your main card account later. For example at the Jedi training they give everyone a card and you just add the number.
I would say with two families it would be well worth it.

Has this changed with PP+? Because in the past, the photopass CD did NOT contain personal photos.

And the personal photos uploaded got a totally different group of borders, which were few and far between, and fairly sad and boring as well.

It might have changed, but before, you had to order the separately-priced personal photo CD to get those. Which was hardly worth it, given the very few borders available, since you were basically buying a CD of your own photos for far more than the borders were worth.
When we went to WDW in 2010 we got the photopass CD and also a photo book. We added over 200 of our own photos to the CD and added numerous borders. It came to us all on one CD. We also put several of our own photos in our book. ::yes::

When we went to WDW in 2010 we got the photopass CD and also a photo book. We added over 200 of our own photos to the CD and added numerous borders. It came to us all on one CD. We also put several of our own photos in our book. ::yes::

Same for us at WDW in 2011.

On the Photopass site it says only Photopass and none of your personal ones on the Photopass photo CD. Last year I made books for my extended family and included older picutures that i had uploaded and we also ordered the disk from our Disneyland pictures it didnt contain my personal pictures on it. There is a personal Archive CD for 19.95 that will give you your pictures with the borders you added.

Wow! That is a great deal then. Will def do when we go. Thanks for confirming. :earsboy:

I went to WDW in 2012 and participated in a photopass share (I was the lead person and only charged them for the non-plus option even though I bought the Photopass+ [pre-purchase not an option so I paid $215 [including tax] at Animal Kingdom). Personal photos were uploaded onto the website by one of the share members. They were NOT on the Photopass+ CD.

The terms/conditions on the Disney Photopass Website (found at: http://www.disneyphotopass.com) says "The Disney PhotoPass PhotoCD includes all Disney's Photopass photos in your account at time of purchase but will not include any of your personal uploaded photos or gallery photos."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter