• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Photographer in GCH with Santa?

momtothreeinfinity

Mouseketeer
Good morning everyone,

Has anyone seen a Photopass Photographer in the Grand California's Lobby with Santa? I bought the Mickey Mouse Holiday Family Sleep Collection for our party of eight (and had them embroidered with our names) so we can toodle down to the lobby in our pj's to have our pic taken with Santa. I don't want to bring my tripod and I don't want to have to figure out my camera's timer function (lazy) :) , so hoping there's a Photographer on-site. TIA

Cheers!:santa:

Good morning everyone,

Has anyone seen a Photopass Photographer in the Grand California's Lobby with Santa? I bought the Mickey Mouse Holiday Family Sleep Collection for our party of eight (and had them embroidered with our names) so we can toodle down to the lobby in our pj's to have our pic taken with Santa. I don't want to bring my tripod and I don't want to have to figure out my camera's timer function (lazy) :) , so hoping there's a Photographer on-site. TIA

Cheers!:santa:

There is usually a PhotoPass photographer with Santa at the GCH (I don't know if you saw it but I posted my PhotoPass picture with GCH Santa during our Santa/Characters/PhotoPass Theme Week in the Superthread), but there is also typically a line of people waiting for photos with him and he is only there for certain intervals of time in the afternoon/evening. He doesn't sit there in one long session. He gets up and takes breaks, then comes back, then takes a break, then comes back, etc. Because he is scheduled to be there at certain times the photographers know to be there too.

Where it seems to be hit or miss with the PhotoPass photographers is at the Disneyland Hotel's Santa location. Sometimes there is a photographer with Santa and sometimes there is not one.

The Paradise Pier Hotel does not have a photographer at Santa's spot (at least not in the past, but now that they have those intrusive seashells and surfboards around the base of the Christmas tree, perhaps they will bring in a photographer!).

Thanks Sherry E! I found the photo of you with Santa (and a friend) in the SuperThread-great pic! Thanks so much for all you do, you are a wealth of information. Have a wonderful day :)

You're welcome, momtothreeinfinity,and thank you for the kind words! I know that things can get lost quickly in a large thread so I wasn't sure if you had been tuning in during our PhotoPass/Santa week or had missed it. I'm so glad you found the photo. That was the last GCH Santa picture I personally did, but I've seen a photographer with Santa every year since then (I always cut through the GCH lobby on my way to and from the parks).

I think the GCH tree provides a really nice, elegant yet comfortable sort of backdrop for a photo -- and I think it is very smart of Disney to make sure that there is a PhotoPass person with the GCH Santa...because the lighting is rather dim. The PhotoPass people (hopefully) know how to make the most of the settings on their DSLR cameras to get a photo that captures that elegant feel but doesn't come out totally dark. Without them taking those photos, I would guess that a lot of folks with not-so-great cameras might end up with very dark or blurry shots.

I just want to say I think your photo sounds adorable OP!

If I was going to be there at the same time, I would totally volunteer to be your tripod! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter