PhotoPass/Photo Pass+ for adult trip?

BudgieMama

DIS Veteran
I've read a few reviews on whether it is worth the money or not... but all of them are families/large groups. Have any adults traveling solo or as a couple got any thoughts on whether it is good value?

I can appreciate that it would guarantee some photos of the two of us, but they took photos of us at almost every attraction in NYC this summer, and didn't ever have one worth paying for!

I know very little about photopass or photopass + but I was gifted a photopass + CD for my upcoming trip. I am going on a solo trip, so I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

As I've said, I'm getting this as a gift, so I certainly will try to use it to the max. I've started looking up tips. But in all honesty, I'd be happy with just one good photo of myself, so I'd rather take all the photos and then look them over and pick and pay for one. I'm not using this to take my Christmas card photo, or to decorate my home with countless pictures of myself or to make a slide show to share with my friends/family. I think if your aim is to share, then buying the CD, would be a great idea. If this upcoming trip is very special to you and the person you're going with and you are doing everything, then having those memories would be great.

DH and I get it every trip and it is worth it! We have tons of pics and we are both in them. Haha my suggestion is stop every time you see a PhotoPass person. You are guaranteed to get a lot of good pics. The first time we did not preorder the cd & regretted it. It costs more after you see all the pics. It would have cost us a small fortune to buy the pics we wanted. Now we get them for every trip and I print pics at Costco, much cheaper! The key is to get LOTS of pics along the way, we usually have at least 100. Plus, if you stop to meet characters they usually do PhotoPass pics too.

We did pp+ for the first time during our trip in early September - just DH and I, we don't have kids. We really enjoyed getting shots of the two of us together as well as not having to worry about having our camera out and ready at character meets (I LOVE character m&g). We also enjoyed having all of our attraction photos too as we usually end up buying one or two while we are there anyway. The only part we didn't use a lot was the dining aspect of it - the only qualifying restaurant we ate at was Tusker House (we ate there twice for breakfast), so that wasn't a huge deal for us.

DH and I got the photopass last time we went and it was totally worth it. It allowed us to have great pictures of the two of us. We even got pictures from the waterparks! We will for sure be getting this again with the photopass + because we LOVE ride pictures. Last time we were there we spent around $50 on ride pictures, so for us this is a great deal. I scrapbook, so the more pictures the better. If you will use the pictures, it's a good investment.

My DW and I got PP+ for our last trip. I still carried my DSLR with me (just like to take some pics on my own.) Every time we saw a photographer we got a shot. We didn't get any of the ride pics and didn't care much for the dinning pics. It was great having plenty of pics with the two of in them. For our trip in January we will just get the PP and not the PP+. Also every photographer will take pics with your own camera too. So if you just want to hand them your camera you can get pics with the two of you without paying the extra. The big dis advantage to that idea is the photographer is going to be more comfortable with their own camera and those pics some time come out better.

It's never been worth it to me on a solo trip, and I stop regularly when I see photopass photogs just so that I can get pics of me on vacation. I do also have them take pics on my camera. I just never seem to end up with that many pics on my photopass.

However, this last trip, I was there with my boyfriend and we got a LOT of pics on photopass. The photographers seem to enjoy taking pics of couples, so there were far more pictures of us on our photopass than on my camera (and we still had them take pics on my camera at every stop), and far more pics than when I'm there solo. We ended up buying the CD. By the end of the week we had 60something pictures on there, so it was definitely worth it to us.

My husband and I use PP+ for every trip. It's hard when it's just the two of us and one person is taking a shot and the other isn't in it. This give us the opportunity to be in pictures together both on rides and it different parts of the parks!

We went with the PP+ for the first time on our recent trip. It's nice having the attraction photos included and being able to choose one to frame from numerous Splash Mtn photos. More special are the photos of the two of us or of me and a character. Too many older ones with one parent plus kids in the shot. Wish they'd had the program 20 years ago. Pricey, yes; but worth it if you make use of it.

I have gotten it in the past but on the last few trips with DH I decided not to and really regretted it. We checkin to the BC on 11/2 and I preordered my CD. I agree the OP that if you decide on getting one you should pre-order, it's a pretty big savings.

It would be a sad trip everytime we saw a photopass person if we did not have photopass. We do lots of edits when we get home. Always pay for extra week or two to finish the photo edits. end up with over 100 pics. Well worth it.

Plus we tale two fancy cameras and tons more pics. Nice to have us both in one shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter