Photopass - Photo Albums?

chanty

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

So we just got back from Disney and I'm preparing my pre-purchased photopass CD...
And then I saw the albums - WOW! I want one :)

I'm wondering who on here has bought an album and what they thought of it?
Yes, the price is pretty high ($80 for 20 pages) but considering the Disney scrapbooks are $30-40 plus the cost of pictures, plus all my stickers and decorations...and the work....I feel it might be worth it!

I'd appreciate some feedback! Thanks!

Chantal

I bought one of these last year for our trip and LOVED it. We just got back last night form our latest trip and I have already started working on one of these books for this year. IMO it is worth every penny.

arwood82 said:
I bought one of these last year for our trip and LOVED it. We just got back last night form our latest trip and I have already started working on one of these books for this year. IMO it is worth every penny.

Thanks for sharing! I can't find how much it costs for extra pages.... I know the basic is $79 for 20 pages....
Its our first family trip & I'm thinking of doing one for my stepdaughter for Xmas and making a copy for us!

Chantal

You might also look at the albums you can make on sites like shutterfly.com. I, personally, get a little Disney-themed out when looking at the Photopass albums; I like having the option for a more plain background, and *for me* having things like characters on backgrounds where I'll be putting pictures of characters (and sometimes with character-themed borders on those pictures) gets to be a bit too much. :)

It's worth looking at, just so you can see if you would prefer something a bit cheaper for your first (it seems from what you said) digitally-made scrapbook. You will have the rights to use your images from the CD anywhere you wish to use them, so you might as well check it out.

I bought one for father's day and it was fab. I did all the photos of my daughter 13 with her dad. It will be loved for many years. I like the fact that the cover was hard so it will last. I also put hidden mickey in since that was so much fun. I used some of the photos that they provided like the train and river boat. They had nicer ones then what we took. We are going in 5 months and I am preordering photopass plus. We have 4 meals at the restaurants under the photopass plus. Still waiting to confirm beast will be at BOG. All I can say is I love character photos and to me the book was worth the joy it gave.

I have purchased the photo books for the last three trips we have taken. I love them. You can not only use the photo that Disney takes but upload your own as well. I have added extra pages to mine and it is only a couple of dollars a page (I think).
I love that you are able to use all of the Disney characters in the pages. It takes a little getting used to when creating it and they seem to change the process every year. :confused3
I am already planning on purchasing one from our next trip!

I did one last fall, only because there was a special offer. I found the editing tools a little too basic, and the site could be frustratingly slow at times. But I did like that I could import my own photos for inclusion in the book (not the CD, though). Of course I had to order extra pages- I seem to be incapable of making a thin scrapbook. The ones I make at home always seem to require one or more post extenders. But I digress.

I can't remember the exact cost of extra pages, but they are in increments of 2 page spreads and I think they were around $3.50-4.00 at that time. Once I placed the order the finished product arrived in only a few weeks and I was delighted with the results.

This was before the last round of price increases, and I'm not sure that I would do it again. I probably would do it if we were there for a very special occasion.

I have done one, but quite honestly I won't do one again. It's just a bit too pricey. I prefer to make an album through shutterfly and use a discount for 1/2 off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter