• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

photopass on Disney Cruise Line

happydayva

disney magic 4 3!
I was just curious.....I had read somewhere a while back that the disney cruise ships were gonna adapt the photopass technology on the ships. It has been 2 years since we have gone on a disney cruise, so does anyone know if this has happened? I was curious if the new Disney dream would have this option? We usually buy the photopass CD when we go the the World, and would love to do that with our next cruise!!:woohoo:

I was just curious.....I had read somewhere a while back that the disney cruise ships were gonna adapt the photopass technology on the ships. It has been 2 years since we have gone on a disney cruise, so does anyone know if this has happened? I was curious if the new Disney dream would have this option? We usually buy the photopass CD when we go the the World, and would love to do that with our next cruise!!:woohoo:
I was just on the Magic in the Med last month, and it was not Photopass. Don't know what the system was when you were on 2 years ago, but they have a system (kiosks) where you can view your pictures throughout the cruise, and you can buy a CD of all of your pictures, but it's not through photopass. You get it the last day of the cruise. No frames or other embellishments like on photopass, either. That's only available if you buy the actual prints from Shutters.

Hope that answers your question. Don't know if there are changes happening any time soon.

Sayhello

Thanks!! That's kinda what I wanted to know-about the CD! On our last cruise, we had sooooo many great pics that it was like torture to pick just a few to buy!! And they were TERRIBLY expensive!! Do you know how much they were charging for the CD's??

They are still trying to get photopass to work on the DCL. It takes time and when they think they have it, something new comes up. Maybe they will have it for the Disney Dream?

Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks!! That's kinda what I wanted to know-about the CD! On our last cruise, we had sooooo many great pics that it was like torture to pick just a few to buy!! And they were TERRIBLY expensive!! Do you know how much they were charging for the CD's??
Yeah me and my girlfriend bought the 8 pictures or something pack for $89 because the pictures were just great we had to get them, I wish we had take more pictures with the cruise professional photographers, theres really a big difference.

The CD is worth it you guys get a lot of pictures, and I'm talking at least 30 because I think it goes somewhere around $200 to $300, maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I dont know the current prices off hand, but I think that they vary from cruise to cruise due to length.

From what I understand,every picture that is taken on your cruise (At pierside,excursions CC etc) is on that cd.If you take 50 during the cruise, those fifty are on the disk.The downside, is that as posted above, the pics do not come with the DCL borders.The actual print pictures, come with them. Theres several different print packages available, at varying prices.

Yeah me and my girlfriend bought the 8 pictures or something pack for $89 because the pictures were just great we had to get them, I wish we had take more pictures with the cruise professional photographers, theres really a big difference.

The CD is worth it you guys get a lot of pictures, and I'm talking at least 30 because I think it goes somewhere around $200 to $300, maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it is $299 for the 3-4 (maybe even 5 day)....the 7 day is $399. Not sure the pricing on longer than 7 day. Sure makes the photopass CD seem cheap, and with it you get backgrounds and some editing options before ordering the CD.

Just off the Magic, 6 night cruise, January 18 2013, and I took a picture of the the photo price page, but now I can't find it... If I remember correctly the prices were $13 for a single 5x7, $20 for a single 8x10, $250 for 25 and $350 for all of your cruise photos. If I find the picture, I'll come back and edit if necessary, but I'm pretty sure these are correct.

Trip report in progress.......

The price for a complete cd of images varies based on the number of nights of your cruise.

And although this post is 2 years old - no - they have not implemented photo pass as of yet on the ships, although they are getting closer with the linked KTWC technology (any card from your room will combine photos), and face detection (at least when no characters are in the photos).

Dave

Just off the Magic, 6 night cruise, January 18 2013, and I took a picture of the the photo price page, but now I can't find it... If I remember correctly the prices were $13 for a single 5x7, $20 for a single 8x10, $250 for 25 and $350 for all of your cruise photos. If I find the picture, I'll come back and edit if necessary, but I'm pretty sure these are correct.

Trip report in progress.......

Yikes! A zombie thread resurrected.

Anyway, here's the price list, it from a 7 night cruise, the price for the full CD varies by length of cruise.

25k0iva.jpg

Well, I'm glad you did find this thread to reply to. I wanted to know about PhotoPass on DCL too. Thanks for the info.

5n price for the CD is $300, and for $50 more you can get all the prints. This was on a 5n on the Dream last August, and a 5n on the Wonder last month. All photos on the CD will include the borders and logos as the regular prints.

On the Dream, the photos on the CD half of them included borders and logos. On the Wonder all of them included the borders (we only bought the 10 pictures on CD package this time).

BTW, the 10 or 15 pictures options can either be the actual prints, or the CD. The CD has the difference that you can select the prints you want at home and then print them out at your photo lab. I prefer this as I can adjust them to fit the size I want.

We were on Magic bought big package had hard time getting the twenty pictures to print out correctly.

To Quote Minnie321 the current system sucks.

A lot of this may have to be not set up for US standards in photo world.

I wonder why DCL hasn't moved away from an outside company to using PhotoPass on the ships.

We were on Magic bought big package had hard time getting the twenty pictures to print out correctly.

To Quote Minnie321 the current system sucks.

A lot of this may have to be not set up for US standards in photo world.

This is something that continues to puzzle us as well. My partner takes much better photos than any "Shutters" "professional" photographer we have encountered and it is far from her profession.

Guess if people keep buying they'll keep selling. The Photopass photographers in the parks are MUCH more qualified and produce a much better product. We'll just keep writing it on the comment card I suppose... :rolleyes:

Instead of starting a new thread.

If we did a family reunion on the Fantasy, can we buy a photo book combining photos from across 4 state rooms?

I just returned back from my Disney vacation...working on my photoPass album. You can chose a Disney Cruise cover for your album. They also have cruise borders you can add to your pictures? I thought for sure there would be Disney Photo Pass on the cruise?

I just returned back from my Disney vacation...working on my photoPass album. You can chose a Disney Cruise cover for your album. They also have cruise borders you can add to your pictures? I thought for sure there would be Disney Photo Pass on the cruise?

Photography onboard the ships is a private concession. It's not Photo Pass.

Photography onboard the ships is a private concession. It's not Photo Pass.

I wonder if Disney has any plans when the current contract runs out Like when the one with Kodak ran out in the parks Disney just switched to doing it on there own. It's not like they actually need an outside company any more, in fact I'm kind of surprised they didn't start out with photopass on the Dream and Fantasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter