• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PhotoPass+. Is it worth it?

For us we don't find it worth it. We never spend more than 3 days in the parks, we take just as good photos as the photographers if not better - when we got the photopass last time and went online to look at our photos we hardly had any, eventhough we remembered having our photos taken several times and most of them were quite terrible, so we didn't buy any of them. I realize I'm in the minority here but that's how we feel :)

We are using photopass+ this trip. Purchased it ahead of time for $69.95. So far we have over 75 photos. We have one more day tomorrow. This is an adult only trip, so just the two of us. Very glad that we have the package. Lots of pictures with the two of us, along with the ride photos. Photographers have also used my smartphone. Glad I had upgraded my phone for my birthday in April. We completely forgot about bringing a camera! FYI - There is a code inside the CD case, so be careful not to throw it away. Once we get home I'll check out all the photos, do my editing etc. Then I'll order the "CD" entering the code from my photopass purchase, which will make ordering the photo cd "free" as I've already purchased it :)

I highly recommend it! In 5 days you will have hundreds of pictures. It was so much fun too! The photographers do mini photo shoots when they see you have PP+. I took some of my own pictures but I love having ride pictures and character dining pictures etc, etc. I'm getting it again in August.

I'm so jazzed by the amount of helpful responses... thanks to everyone for his/her perspective! But this one point seems almost too good to be true... You are saying that if I have PP+ I could go to Ariel's Grotto (for example) for a character meal and get the actual hard-copy photo of kid+Ariel w/out having to pay extra?? WOW! I'm going to say nay to the hubby's nay-saying and make sure to get the PP+ for our trip this Sept.

I'm so jazzed by the amount of helpful responses... thanks to everyone for his/her perspective! But this one point seems almost too good to be true... You are saying that if I have PP+ I could go to Ariel's Grotto (for example) for a character meal and get the actual hard-copy photo of kid+Ariel w/out having to pay extra?? WOW! I'm going to say nay to the hubby's nay-saying and make sure to get the PP+ for our trip this Sept.
Yes. It includes hard copies of all character meal photos...except storytellers.

Yes we got hard copy of our photo at Goofy's Kitchen free with the photopass +

I was curious about this too as I have an old PP card I could use when the bf rides his rides alone. Do you just link both cards to PP? Or is this something you do through a ride link?

For the ride photos you must have the PP+ card. Old PP cards won't work. Anyone can use the PP+ card, but they have to have that card. As mentioned, you can go back to the ride later that same day and have it added, but it has to be the special card.

You can link other PP cards, but that would only be for the icon-type and meet and greet photos.

I'll add my vote for "worth it". Disney World's pre-order is $169 so I feel like Disneyland's is an awesome bargain at $69. My son loves the ride photos (prefers that to the souvenirs in the gift shops!) and since it's unlimited I let him do goofy poses (thumbs up, bunny ears, mock scared, etc.) after I get one good photo on each ride.

So do you get hundreds of pictures by asking each photographer to take multiple shots? Last time I used PP+ I got about 20 pictures. And where are all these photographers? Is there a way to find out exactly where they are? We saw very few.

Each time you ask a photographer to take a photo, they will take two to three to get a good shot. Many will be composed well, others not as much. THis will be a factor of the photographer's skill and the crowds. You can then ask if they "have any magic?". If they do, they will recompose your shot in include the magical shot

We love Photo Pass Plus, but we tend to be there for 10 days, so tons of photo opportunities. However, the PP+ photographers will also take photos of you with your camera if you ask. A friend does that, but she has a professional grade camera. We find that the PP+ photographers have better equipment then us, and even when we have them use our camera as well, their photos turn out better then ours.

It is also great if you want ride photos. And great to not carry those around with you all day. You just print them at home.

How does that work to get ride photos w/PP+? Do you have a card or something you can take to the ride photo booth and they load it on there?

How does that work to get ride photos w/PP+? Do you have a card or something you can take to the ride photo booth and they load it on there?

Yes, if you purchase photopass+ you'll get a cd case in the mail which has three things. One is the voucher that you exchange at a Park photo shop for the photopass+ card with a lanyard; a CD with some Stock photos and inside the case is other documentation that contains the code that you use once you are ready to order the CD with all the photos taken. The code tells the site that you're all paid for already :)

FYI - you'll had the photopass+ card to the photographers when they take your picture. You can do a search on photopass plus and you'll get lots of information for it.

Yes, if you purchase photopass+ you'll get a cd case in the mail which has three things. One is the voucher that you exchange at a Park photo shop for the photopass+ card with a lanyard; a CD with some Stock photos and inside the case is other documentation that contains the code that you use once you are ready to order the CD with all the photos taken. The code tells the site that you're all paid for already :)

FYI - you'll had the photopass+ card to the photographers when they take your picture. You can do a search on photopass plus and you'll get lots of information for it.

Thanks for the reply!

The only thing I'm not too jazzed about on this is that I go in the "off season" and I generally do not see too many PP photographers. I know I'm probably just missing some of them; I wish their costumes were a little more distinct, tbh. We had our photo taken in front of the Christmas tree last December on Main Street and that was cool, but it was just regular PP.

Another vote for "worth it". I love ride photos but have only every bought one once, so this gave me lots. We had a few photopass photographers see that we had the PP+ card so took a bunch of pictures with different poses. It also makes meet and greets super easy, not having to worry about getting your camera out. We purchased PP+ for our last trip and I have never been happier with our Disney pictures!!

When do you purchase the Photopass+? Do you buy it online before your trip, or do you get it your first day in the park? i'm pretty sure we will do this, so I can enjoy our son's first look at a Disney, without being behind a lens.
Also, are there photographers at the hotel pools and lobbies, besides in the restaurants?

You can purchase it in a Photo shop for $99; but you can order it online 14 or more days before your trip for $69!! This is for the Disneyland Photopass+ :)

We've done PP+ once at WDW (6 park days) and once at DL (5 park days) - we've decided we'll do it about once a year. We end up with so many great photos and it's fun to get all the ride photos and actual hard copy photos when we do a character meal which offers a photo package. Both years we've done it in Nov/Dec so we've used the images for our holiday card. It's really fun just walking through the park, seeing a PP photographer and asking for some shots. Agreed they can also take photos on our smart phone (and we usually do that too) but the PP+ photos almost always have better resolution and like using the PP site to add various fun backgrounds. Oh, and don't forget to ask if they have magic shots. We've had a magic shot of Stitch coming out of a present (at DL this past Xmas) and some great ones at Animal Kingdom at WDW.

I originally did want to do it as I am very frugal but since we were doing 6 days at WDW I figured we'd try it out just once and I was very glad we did.

I'm a bit confused and need some help with the timing on getting and using a PP+ from those who have used them.

I'll be going to the parks each Wednesday in July (1, 8, 15 & 22 for Wednesdays with Walt and the 29th for my birthday). A few of my friends are taking off on the 29th as well to celebrate with me and we've decided to dress up and do a character meal and magic shots, etc. We want to get a PP+. What I'm trying to figure out, is how I might time the pass so that I can also get pictures taken on those earlier Wednesdays put on the pass too.

I know that you can add regular photopass cards to the PP+ account. But is there a time limit to how far in advance those pictures were taken (beyond the 30 day window you have to claim the pics normally)? And how long is the PP+ card good for?

I know you have to order AT LEAST 14 days prior to your trip. But here's where I'm a bit confused and need people who have actually done this to explain how it works. According to the official terms: "(the pass) is valid prior to the date indicated on the card." And on another official page it says "Disney PhotoPass+ gives you access to the high-resolution digital files of photos taken 14 days prior to and including the date indicated on the Disney PhotoPass+card."

So I'm just trying to clarify: Can I (1) order the card at the beginning of July, (2) set the "date" for July 29th, (3) activate it on the 22nd (because it would be within that 14 days prior) in order to do/put an additional day of character meals and ride photos on it, and (4) add the regular photopass pics from the 1st, 8th, and 15th???? Oooh, 5th question.... would July 15th be part of that "14 days prior to and including the date indicated on the card" do you think?

I know calling Guest Services for an answer to this would probably be useless. But I know Disers are very clever people.

I've never read anyone's report on how PP+ works on multi day trips (when you order, do you give them the dates of your vacation, or just the last day, or the first?), or visits in the middle of longer vacations where you have to order the pass well in advance of the trip, to know how to work out the timing and dates for the pass.

TIA:love:

No you don't need to give your trip dates. You need to order with 2 or more weeks before your trip so they can send you the voucher. You take the voucher to the place in the parks (it's in the directions they send you with the voucher) and they give you the PP+ card which activates it. I think you have 30 days (might be more but I'm not sure) to order your prints from the day its activated.

I'm a bit confused and need some help with the timing on getting and using a PP+ from those who have used them.

I'll be going to the parks each Wednesday in July (1, 8, 15 & 22 for Wednesdays with Walt and the 29th for my birthday). A few of my friends are taking off on the 29th as well to celebrate with me and we've decided to dress up and do a character meal and magic shots, etc. We want to get a PP+. What I'm trying to figure out, is how I might time the pass so that I can also get pictures taken on those earlier Wednesdays put on the pass too.

I know that you can add regular photopass cards to the PP+ account. But is there a time limit to how far in advance those pictures were taken (beyond the 30 day window you have to claim the pics normally)? And how long is the PP+ card good for?

I know you have to order AT LEAST 14 days prior to your trip. But here's where I'm a bit confused and need people who have actually done this to explain how it works. According to the official terms: "(the pass) is valid prior to the date indicated on the card." And on another official page it says "Disney PhotoPass+ gives you access to the high-resolution digital files of photos taken 14 days prior to and including the date indicated on the Disney PhotoPass+card."

So I'm just trying to clarify: Can I (1) order the card at the beginning of July, (2) set the "date" for July 29th, (3) activate it on the 22nd (because it would be within that 14 days prior) in order to do/put an additional day of character meals and ride photos on it, and (4) add the regular photopass pics from the 1st, 8th, and 15th???? Oooh, 5th question.... would July 15th be part of that "14 days prior to and including the date indicated on the card" do you think?

I know calling Guest Services for an answer to this would probably be useless. But I know Disers are very clever people.

I've never read anyone's report on how PP+ works on multi day trips (when you order, do you give them the dates of your vacation, or just the last day, or the first?), or visits in the middle of longer vacations where you have to order the pass well in advance of the trip, to know how to work out the timing and dates for the pass.

TIA:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter