Photopass....intresting observation

mom2OandE

Mouseketeer
We got back a few weeks ago. This time I registered a photo pass prior to leaving and was all set to go. Except.....not one time did we use it. No one asked us EVER to take our photo. Not on Main Street or at HS. We went to the Osborne lights and were getting ready to stand in line until we found out it was over an hour wait. We didn't do characters this trip so no use for it for that. I was just really surprised that no one anywhere asked us. We saw plenty of photographers walking around and we could have asked I know that. I was just surprised that in 4 days no one asked us once. Anyone else experience this? Have they stopped asking you as you walk by? Oh and dh and ds were wearing Birthday buttons and photographes did say Happy Birthday!

They don't really ask anymore - I think one of the PP photographers posted that they are told not to do that. You have to approach them. It's very different than other non-Disney theme parks.

You should have just walked up and gotten some photos, if you wanted them.

yes we alwasy just walk up i think the only ones that ever asked were the ones at tl after the water slides and that was just do you want us to put the pic on your card

We got tons of photopass pics, including at the Osbourne lights, but we went up to each and every Photopass photographer with our card out. I did see one photographer walk up to a family sitting on a bench, take their picture and then scan a card to hand to them. Then he walked away. They didn't seem to have any idea what it was all about, so I explained it to them.

We usually ask, but lately it seems like they are bothered by us asking. Honestly, many seem to care so little for their jobs and the last photos we had done by them were pretty terrible.

We usually ask, but lately it seems like they are bothered by us asking. Honestly, many seem to care so little for their jobs and the last photos we had done by them were pretty terrible.

I didn't see anything remotely like this. All the photopass people we saw were happy, took time to make us happy and never once made us feel uncomfortable. Perhaps you weren't having fun at the time and were projecting this onto them? Just a theory. :confused3

They don't really ask anymore - I think one of the PP photographers posted that they are told not to do that. You have to approach them. It's very different than other non-Disney theme parks.

You should have just walked up and gotten some photos, if you wanted them.

I know I could have walked up to them. Our DS has Autism and had they asked we likely would have had them done but since they didn't I wasn't too worried about it. This was just he first trip we've EVER had where we were not asked over and over and over again.

I've never had them ask us. When I was there on my honeymoon, my DH and I were all commando and had no interest in having our picture taken. In fact, it would've made me uncomfortable if they had asked because I didn't completely understand how it worked at the time and would've felt like they were trying to sell us something.

I understand how it works now and we definitely used them a lot on the last trip with our DD4. So thankful for the beautiful and professional shots they were able to capture!

By the way, if you didn't already know, you can get your money back on the Photo Pass pre-pay.

I know I could have walked up to them. Our DS has Autism and had they asked we likely would have had them done but since they didn't I wasn't too worried about it. This was just he first trip we've EVER had where we were not asked over and over and over again.

That surprises me because Photopass photographers are absolutely not supposed to approach anyone. It's been that way for quite some time.

We have always gone up to the photographer and asked for our photo to be taken. They have always been really nice and friendly and when they found out we had prepurchased the cd they would take loads of different photos in varying positions etc.

on my october trip we had a GREAT photographer, she took 100+pictures of us all over the china pavilion!

I'm pretty sure in 2006 that they were approaching and explaining the program because we didn't know about it beforehand (I didn't know about disboards back then :confused3) and they told us all about it on Main Street in MK on our first day.

This past January when we were there we approached all the photographers, none asked us. So obviously they have changed their approach.

I was really glad that I found out about so early in my 2006 trip because we used it all the time and got great photos. This year, same thing we got lots of great pics!

A tip for using photopass, ask your photographer if you can have a Magic Moment. This is best done when there isn't a line-up of course. This can get you those pictures where you appear to be holding Tink or be looking at Stitch coming out of the ground, etc. One of our photopass photographers told us about this! :)

Sorry. I have not seen or experienced what you are describing either. We just get in whatever line is already formed and wait patiently for our turn.

I didn't see anything remotely like this. All the photopass people we saw were happy, took time to make us happy and never once made us feel uncomfortable. Perhaps you weren't having fun at the time and were projecting this onto them? Just a theory. :confused3

No, we actually walked up to a guy on the bridge in MK and interrupted his snack. He did not say one word to us the entire time we were there with him. I asked him to take a photo, handed him the card, we posed, he shot and handed back the card and never uttered a single world. Very strange.

We always have fun at Disney.

No, we actually walked up to a guy on the bridge in MK and interrupted his snack. He did not say one word to us the entire time we were there with him. I asked him to take a photo, handed him the card, we posed, he shot and handed back the card and never uttered a single world. Very strange.

We always have fun at Disney.

Heh, like I said, just a theory, I didn't really think you don't have fun at Disney and then rack up 4000+ posts! :lmao: That situation does seem strange. :confused:

I love Universal Studios, but one thing I hate about going there is all of the photographers at the front of the park that hound you to take a picture as you walk in. I'm glad they don't do this at Disney. I always find it awkward to tell them no. I vaguely remember a LONG time ago when this was the approach at Disney, but in all the recent trips I have made, we have approached the photographers wherever they were posted that we wanted a photo.

Heh, like I said, just a theory, I didn't really think you don't have fun at Disney and then rack up 4000+ posts! :lmao: That situation does seem strange. :confused:

It was very strange. As we walked away my DH says, Wow sorry to interrupt his snack.

Here's something funny, I just went back and looked at my photopass account and the pictures he "took" never even showed up. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter