PhotoPass Info Please!

Jules3Kids

Mouseketeer
Ok, so we've been to DL before and WDW last year, but I've never used the PhotoPass....and now I feel like I am missing something!
Especially this year since we are going in Nov and the Christmas decor will be up, I think I would like to try it.
I understand they give you a card, and then you have the photographers around the park take your pics and they get put on that card.
But I just need to know a few details...can we have as many pics taken as we want? And of different people in our group sometimes?
I'm assuming I pick the borders and added characters, etc at home on my computer?
I've seen posts on here referring to the $59 (or now $99?) to get all pics...what does that mean exactly? I have access to all the pictures they took, then I have to pay on top of that for individual special ones I want (with the borders, etc).
Do you feel it's worth doing and purchasing???

Hope I don't seem like a total newbie here :laughing: but this is one area I have no Disney experience! :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

I just returned. We were there 3 days and i got 103 pics on my photopass. I am now in the process of adding all the borders and character signatures. I am currently up to 145 pics and i am not even halfway through. I think it is a great deal. I think we will have over 200 photos. For $60 thats not to bad. I would definately get a photopass when you get there. Everytime you see a photographer grab a few pics, and dont forget to ask about the magic shots

Sometimes they run specials on them too, so always check that section. I got my last photopass CD for $46.95 and had over 200 pics on it when I was done adding borders. It then only cost me $20 to have Walgreen's develop them. One thing though, some of the borders you add get cut off at the bottom on the 4x6 size, so when you are editing/positioning your pics and adding borders you may want to think about that.

One thing though, some of the borders you add get cut off at the bottom on the 4x6 size, so when you are editing/positioning your pics and adding borders you may want to think about that.

Definitely. When you add a border, it makes the picture default to 5x7. So if you leave it like that, when you print a 4x6 the border will be lopped off. As you're going through, when you do a border, use the drop down (it looks like you're actually ordering, but it saves the picture as that size) box to choose 4x6, and it will resize it for you.

stitchkingdom.com has a good section about photopass. It's WDW-centric, so as long as you take that into account, you can learn the basics there.

Definitely. When you add a border, it makes the picture default to 5x7. So if you leave it like that, when you print a 4x6 the border will be lopped off. As you're going through, when you do a border, use the drop down (it looks like you're actually ordering, but it saves the picture as that size) box to choose 4x6, and it will resize it for you.

stitchkingdom.com has a good section about photopass. It's WDW-centric, so as long as you take that into account, you can learn the basics there.

Thank you!!! Now I won't make that mistake again. Awesome info.

When I went with two friends earlier this year we got pictures with every photo pass photographer we found! Yes, you can have different people in pictures, and you can even have multiple cards. For example, as one friend was leaving the park she found Cruella, had her picture done, and then gave me the card with those 3-4 pics on it and I added it to the CD of all of our other pictures. Another great tip I've read is to take a picture of your card so that if you lose it, you have the number (you only need the number from the card to order the CD).

When you order the CD, it comes in a nice DVD case with a copyright release, so then you can order the pics wherever you usually have pics printed.

Some of the locations have special effects, so that's fun too and something worth asking about.

I thought it was totally worth it and plan on doing it when I go with my family in December. I'm always the one holding the camera, so it's a great way to get pictures of our whole family!

One more thing.... if you decide not to order the CD then you're not out any money. You don't pay anything till you make a purchase, and I NEVER felt pressured to buy any pictures.

But I just need to know a few details...can we have as many pics taken as we want? And of different people in our group sometimes?
YES

I'm assuming I pick the borders and added characters, etc at home on my computer?
YES

I've seen posts on here referring to the $59 (or now $99?) to get all pics...what does that mean exactly? I have access to all the pictures they took, then I have to pay on top of that for individual special ones I want (with the borders, etc).
Do you feel it's worth doing and purchasing???
$59 IS FOR A CD WITH ALL THE PICS THEY TAKE INCLUDING ANY YOU HAVE CROPPED, ADDED BORDERS TOO, ETC. YOU CAN PRINT AS MANY AS YOU WANT FROM THE CD AT YOUR LOCAL PHOTO PLACE FOR MUCH CHEAPER THAN ORDERING PRINTS FROM DISNEY. 2 4x6's from Disney are $12.95.

Does any one know how long they keep holiday themed borders and such. We just went in October and we are going back the first part of December and I was hoping to put it all on one disk does any one know if that will work?

Amanda

Does any one know how long they keep holiday themed borders and such. We just went in October and we are going back the first part of December and I was hoping to put it all on one disk does any one know if that will work?

Amanda

you have 30 days from you 1st pic to upload your card online, then another 30 days to edit and order. I'm not sure with your specific dates if it will work or not. You can also pay $7.95 (I think) to extend your expiration by 7 days.

Ok thank you our first pics would of been on the 10th or 11th of Oct so that means I would have till Nov 10 or 11th to start and then till Dec 10th or 11th to order right ?
Do you know if I will still be able to use Halloween borders if I wait till Nov to start editing ?

Amanda

Ok thank you our first pics would of been on the 10th or 11th of Oct so that means I would have till Nov 10 or 11th to start and then till Dec 10th or 11th to order right ?
Do you know if I will still be able to use Halloween borders if I wait till Nov to start editing ?

Amanda

You should. With Halloween season just ending. Remember you have 30 days, not a month. Since Oct has 31 days, I'd do it by Nov 9 to be safe.

We have ordered the Calander from photopass before and we were able to decorate each month with the different holiday borders. It was an inexpensive way to get a lot of pictures!

Thank you to everyone for the great info!
I will be using PhotoPass for sure! seems like a great deal and a way to get some really great pics.
:goodvibes

We never pass a photopass photographer without stopping, sometimes more then once. We usually end up with about 50-75 each trip. Also, you can give them your own personal camera and they'll take a picture with that as well.

Remember to make sure you get YOUR fastpass card back. If there's a lot of people around, things can get mixed up. At D23 back in September, our card got switched with someone elses. We thought they had lost all of our pictures. After 30 minutes of some searching, they found our pictures and moved them over to the card we were using by that point.

Remember to make sure you get YOUR fastpass card back. If there's a lot of people around, things can get mixed up. At D23 back in September, our card got switched with someone elses. We thought they had lost all of our pictures. After 30 minutes of some searching, they found our pictures and moved them over to the card we were using by that point.

Along with marking your card(s) in some way, it's also a great idea to either take a clear digital picture of the card number, and/or write it down and keep the paper separate from your card.

Since the pictures aren't actually ON the card (they are merely associated with the card number), just having the numbers will help.

But marking it with a sharpie pen is probably the best idea. :)

How much is the DLR photopass. I know WDW went up to 150 now and the pre order link is no longer any good. You have to get a special email in order to get the discount price. I think I read the DLR price is cheaper, but I can't remember how much it is anymore.

The DLR price is still $59.95. And if you visit WDW first and Disneyland 2nd within the window of time, you can get all photos from both resorts for the DLR price provided that you visited Disneyland last and added those photos last.

Last February, there were still some Christmas borders available on the PhotoPass website. Just make sure to save the borders you want because they can be removed from PhotoPass website.

If you're an AP holder, there's a coupon for 20% off on orders over $50 in this quarter's AP Newsletter. Actually, you just need to enter the order code online when ordering. I could post the code, but I'm not sure that it's proper DIS etiquette -- after all, it's supposed to be for AP holders. But if you PM me, I can send you the code. The offer is good until 12/24/2009.

-Bob

make sure to read the massive stickie thread on the DL community board, it has tons of all of our best poses and can give your family ideas about how to "ham it up" for the funnest pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter