• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

photopass+ how does it work?

You know....I'm not a big fan of the picture quality from Photopass Photographers in the first place. And stories like these make it less likely that I want to give Photopass another chance. The idea of waiting 15 minutes to add a shot is not giving me a warm fuzzy about the Photopass+ experience.

And there is always a line for the one photo pass photographer that can do a magic shot. Nothing crazy (maybe 3-5 families) but it is just enough that my 4yr old whines :)

My other gripe is that the card on the lanyard is cheap and 1-2 trips on splash mountain makes it start peeling. I recommend keeping it in a bag with your key cards. But then there is a chance you will forget.

And since we have a 4 and 12yr old, we split up a lot and they will not give us another photo pass (even with the same number) so trekking back to ride's exits to give them photo numbers was time consuming too.

We texted numbers a lot to each other to remember.

Many of the photographers were a lot of fun though :)

Using Photopass now and most of the MK mainstreet photographers always have people waiting. However the worst wait is for Space Mountain photo download which easily wastes 25mins in that line. Something has to be done about that - not happy. Last time didn't have time to spare standing in a Long line so had to pass on our picture which I really wanted.

However the worst wait is for Space Mountain photo download which easily wastes 25mins in that line. Something has to be done about that - not happy. Last time didn't have time to spare standing in a Long line so had to pass on our picture which I really wanted.

I've heard that you can write down the number and order it later (within 48 hours)? Not always convenient, but if you come back when lines are lower, this might be a better option.

I've heard that you can write down the number and order it later (within 48 hours)? Not always convenient, but if you come back when lines are lower, this might be a better option.

I agree with the PP and yes they do give you 48hrs but it is not convenient to go back. You walk enough all day long. And really what are the chances you are going back to the same park within 48hrs? We rotate a lot and some people only do a park once.

There needs to be a separate line for photo pass. Just let us add the numbers ourselves. Something. Most of the time you are waiting for people buying packages and printouts. And this is going on during offseason. I think it will be worse in Oct-Dec.

I am here now on photopass plus and I have to say I am really annoyed. I guess it is getting popular because the lines to get your tag scanned are long. We waited about 15min at Splash just for one number to get tagged. The process is slow. It shouldn't eat up 5-15min after every location.

Also, there is VERY limited magic shots and they are all saying they will soon have them for every photographer with more options but for now about 1-3 CM's a park can do them with maybe one option. Well, I paid for it now so I could care less what you can do in the future?

And today at CRT, the photographer gave us a really hard time about getting any others shot but the ONE Cinderella shot. I just asked for a picture of the hug (not for a printout, just on my photopass card) and he initially said no then changed his mind. Others aren't doing many candid shots either. So far only one photographer at Epcot character did an action shot. They are my favs.

Anyway, just wanted to give an update. Maybe I will like it more once I look at the CD
So they increased demand with the PP+ but give you a hard time to get a picture? We usually like the hug pic. at the character meals as well. So I will be disappointed if we can't get them on our daughter's first princess trip.:sad2: So is it just hard to find the magic shot PP's or they have less of them now? :confused3 I had already planned time in our touring to do the magic pictures as that is why I ordered the PP+ as I can't do those with my own camera pics. Hopefully things will improve soon.:wizard:

I agree with the PP and yes they do give you 48hrs but it is not convenient to go back. You walk enough all day long. And really what are the chances you are going back to the same park within 48hrs? We rotate a lot and some people only do a park once.

There needs to be a separate line for photo pass. Just let us add the numbers ourselves. Something. Most of the time you are waiting for people buying packages and printouts. And this is going on during offseason. I think it will be worse in Oct-Dec.

You are right about going back to the same park within 48 hrs. Who has time to spare waiting in line for a digital download - a self checkout kiosk would be ideal. Time is of the essence at Disney have to make the most of your time. Waiting in line for Photopass is not where I want to spend my time.

You know....I'm not a big fan of the picture quality from Photopass Photographers in the first place. And stories like these make it less likely that I want to give Photopass another chance. The idea of waiting 15 minutes to add a shot is not giving me a warm fuzzy about the Photopass+ experience.

Agree - in the last few years (well, last WDW trip was in Dec '11) the quality of their pictures have gone down. I've always had them take a pic with my camera and I'd say that most times, mine gave a better picture.

We started cruising, and the difference with Shutters is day and night. We had never purchased the CD before as we would only see one or two decent pictures at the parks, but on the cruise, we couldn't discard any and obviously got the CD. Even the second cruise we spend a bit on pictures.

It's not the cameras - they have good ones - but it's the photographers. Some seem to not have a clue or they use the wrong settings or something.

Going next December and contemplating on the CD - but not sure honestly...

When we were there, there was one photographer in each park who could do them. They said it will change and they will all have them soon. Not sure when that will happen. We were there 12 days and got 4 of them total - and that was searching and hunting them down.

Hopefully this is a transition stage

Okay so here is my question, I have read through this post as to where to pick up the Photo Plus card but I want peoples ideas on when to get it when we arrive.

Here is my senerio:. Arrive to CBR approx 11:30ish AM wanting to go to waterpark for a while with my family, we have a 6:50 Ressie for Chef Mickey.

Do we try to get our photo pass plus card before we go to the waterpark and if so which location would be the closest, or do we just pick up a photopass at the waterpark and on our way to chef mickey get our photopass plus card from one of the close hotels (Poly or Floridian?)

Thanks in advance as we leave next Saturday and all of this is new sice we went last time.

Okay so here is my question, I have read through this post as to where to pick up the Photo Plus card but I want peoples ideas on when to get it when we arrive.

Here is my senerio:. Arrive to CBR approx 11:30ish AM wanting to go to waterpark for a while with my family, we have a 6:50 Ressie for Chef Mickey.

Do we try to get our photo pass plus card before we go to the waterpark and if so which location would be the closest, or do we just pick up a photopass at the waterpark and on our way to chef mickey get our photopass plus card from one of the close hotels (Poly or Floridian?)

Thanks in advance as we leave next Saturday and all of this is new sice we went last time.

The waterparks tend to give you cards anyways, like if you go down a slide. I would just pick up your photopass plus at chef mickeys and if you take any waterpark pics grab a card.

Assuming there are still photographers at the water parks. It's getting later in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The waterparks tend to give you cards anyways, like if you go down a slide. I would just pick up your photopass plus at chef mickeys and if you take any waterpark pics grab a card.

Assuming there are still photographers at the water parks. It's getting later in the season.

Thank you thats also what we were thinking too but from what I was reading on here you could not pick up the photo plus pass at Chef Mickeys or even at the Contemporary, they were only at Grand Floridian and Poly we def want to have it when we go to chef mickeys to get our hard print pictures too.

Yep nope. You can totally redeem the voucher at the dining locations that are part of the pp+ package :). No need for that extra stop!

Yep nope. You can totally redeem the voucher at the dining locations that are part of the pp+ package :). No need for that extra stop!

I did not know that. We are staying at the CR and that would be great if we could go and pick it up there. Or do we have to have reservation at Chef Mickeys to pick one up??

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter