Photopass Help Needed Please

huizarst

Mouseketeer
I am in a photoshare group and this is my first time using this. I started to upload my own pictures and on the side of the uploading page it mentioned an account can only have 160 uploaded pictures.

My first question is that say I upload 1 picture and save it 5 times with different borders. Is that a total of 6 uploaded pictures or 1 orginal uploaded picture.

Or is the 160 pictures that you can upload a total you can have in each album or total for the account. Please, Please help.

Steven

Yikes - we have had WAY more than 160 pics in a share before (600+ in the two I have done) - Is that a new rule?

I think you can have unlimited with the photopass taken pics. I am just concerned about the uploaded ones.

Steven

They are refering to you uploading your own photo from your personal digital camera vs. Claiming your photopass images.

You can claim as many photopass images, and make copies with enhancments as you want. These are what you get on a Disney Photopass CD.

Your personal uploaded images as well as photopass images can be used to make other photo items, such as: Photobook, Photomug, calendars, and others. You are limited to 160 uploaded images from your computer to their server.

My first question is that say I upload 1 picture and save it 5 times with different borders. Is that a total of 6 uploaded pictures or 1 orginal uploaded picture.

Steven

That would be a total of 6 pictures because they are all different files. The computer doesn't know it's the same picture with different borders, it just counts how many files.

I am in a photoshare group and this is my first time using this. I started to upload my own pictures and on the side of the uploading page it mentioned an account can only have 160 uploaded pictures.

Or is the 160 pictures that you can upload a total you can have in each album or total for the account. Please, Please help.

Steven

I realize this is not exactly what you are asking but....

It sounds to me like you have uploaded some of your own pictures, added borders, and plan on including them on a CD. I was doing the exact same thing. It was then pointed out to me that your own uploaded (and edited) pictures will NOT be included on the CD, only PhotoPass photos will be.

Just thought I'd offer that info,
Dreams

I realize this is not exactly what you are asking but....

It sounds to me like you have uploaded some of your own pictures, added borders, and plan on including them on a CD. I was doing the exact same thing. It was then pointed out to me that your own uploaded (and edited) pictures will NOT be included on the CD, only PhotoPass photos will be.

Just thought I'd offer that info,
Dreams

Absolutely. Since the OP mentioned being in a share, shares are ONLY for CDs. And in the info about the CDs on the photopass site, or at least in the Help section, it definitely states that personal pictures won't be included on the CD.

If by chance you're wanting to make prints, SOME people have been stating that the borders won't be put on prints of personal pictures, but others state, as I agree with, well then what's the point of having that capability.

But if you are planning to make prints through them, even if the borders come through, you won't want those on a share account; you will want those on your OWN account, if you're just wanting personal photos with photopass edits.

But I have a feeling you want them on the CD, and that's not going to happen.

Sorry to be part of the bad news squad. :hug:

CDs will only contain images taken by a Disney Photopass photographer. You can upload your own images and enhance them and then purchase them from the site but they WILL NOT be included on the CD. Their thought is that you own the original image so why do you need it on the CD. And if you are using their site to enhance and Disney-fy it then they want you to buy it from them. The cost to have your own image enhanced, printed and mailed to you really isn't all that expensive for the sake of getting your image Disney-fied.

And, if you are doing a share, just get your own account to do your own images and not use someone else's. That way you don't have to worry about accidentally paying for any other person's images or products -- or having yours deleted b/c someone doesn't want to pay for yours.

Best wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter