Photopass CD Price Going Up

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by piglet33, Jun 9, 2009.

1. piglet33

piglet33 DIS Veteran

I just read this on the Disney Photopass website:

Buy soon! Price is going up to $149.95 on June 16!

I'm not sure if the price of the pre-order CD is also going up so if you're thinking about doing the pre-order, you should do it before June 16.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Piecey

Piecey <font color=darkorchid>I find myself fighting with

Holy crap!

I pre-ordered already. Thats nuts!

4. HeatherBelle614

HeatherBelle614 Always wishing on a star!

How far in advance can I pre-order? I'm not going until December...

5. Chim Chiminy

Chim Chiminy stale marshmallows sting when they hit you

Ditto this, going in October.

6. irishbosoxfan

irishbosoxfan <font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br><font color=te

Wow! I have been going back and forth on pre-ordering with the code and I think this info just made my mind up.

I know that the Photopass won't be considered for future trips thanks to the jump in price.

7. wheelcap

wheelcap Gee Mom, I wanna go "HOME"

I just ordered mine for August, and read the info closely this time. There is nothing in there about dates, so I figure it's good as long as I haven't used the code -- kind of like tickets with the no-expiration option. You know - with the price increase, people will REALLY be looking for a way to share the cost; but :rolleyes1 not on DIS.

8. Piecey

Piecey <font color=darkorchid>I find myself fighting with

There is nothing in my e-mail either about dates or expirations on my code.

I figure that if it expires, I'll dispute the charge with Chase and be very turned off to Disney for awhile..

9. CrystalS

CrystalS DIS Veteran

the preorder price will not be going up (as per a reply from disney. Someone on passporter.com emailed disney about it)

10. piglet33

piglet33 DIS Veteran

Thanks for finding this. I pre-ordered mine for my August trip just in case they change their minds.

11. Monny2AE

Monny2AE DIS Veteran

I logged into the Photopass site and it specifically states

"Buy Soon! Price is going up to $149 on June 16th"

So is the preorder price staying $99 and the CD price if you don't preorder going up? :confused3

My trip is still 7 months away but if the preorder price is going up then I'm ordering now and hoping I don't have any hassles when I try to use my code after my trip.

12. Alesia

Alesia DIS Veteran

The code expires after 60 days. If you wait longer that that, you will have to get it reinstated, which could take a few days. Don't wait until the last minute to get your photos edited.

13. wheelcap

wheelcap Gee Mom, I wanna go "HOME"

I haven't seen this in print from Disney ANYWHERE - it seems to be some kind of Disney Legend.

14. PEIMother

PEIMother Planning for the trip of a lifetime!

For anyone out there who doesn't know, there is a code for 15% off any PhotoPass online order. You can pre-order a CD for only $84.96. The code is
    9VISARD15. This is offered through the Reward Visa, but you don't have to own one to use the code. I ordered one two days ago with a different credit card and received the lower price. Thanks to a Dis poster from another thread for publicizing the code.

I also spoke with Mike from PhotoPass to ensure that the code will still work in Sept (more than 60 days away) when we head down to Disney World and he said it shouldn't be a problem. If for some reason it doesn't accept the code when we get back, I am just to call him and they will fix it up.

15. Tink313

Tink313 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. Im going to pre order the cd for my next trip. I leave in August but I dont come back until September. :goodvibes