Photopass CD Price Going Up

piglet33

DIS Veteran
I just read this on the Disney Photopass website:

Buy soon! Price is going up to $149.95 on June 16!

I'm not sure if the price of the pre-order CD is also going up so if you're thinking about doing the pre-order, you should do it before June 16.

Holy crap!

I pre-ordered already. Thats nuts!

Wow! I have been going back and forth on pre-ordering with the code and I think this info just made my mind up.

I know that the Photopass won't be considered for future trips thanks to the jump in price.

I just ordered mine for August, and read the info closely this time. There is nothing in there about dates, so I figure it's good as long as I haven't used the code -- kind of like tickets with the no-expiration option. You know - with the price increase, people will REALLY be looking for a way to share the cost; but :rolleyes1 not on DIS.

There is nothing in my e-mail either about dates or expirations on my code.

I figure that if it expires, I'll dispute the charge with Chase and be very turned off to Disney for awhile..

the preorder price will not be going up (as per a reply from disney. Someone on passporter.com emailed disney about it)

the preorder price will not be going up (as per a reply from disney. Someone on passporter.com emailed disney about it)

Thanks for finding this. I pre-ordered mine for my August trip just in case they change their minds.

I logged into the Photopass site and it specifically states

"Buy Soon! Price is going up to $149 on June 16th"

So is the preorder price staying $99 and the CD price if you don't preorder going up? :confused3

My trip is still 7 months away but if the preorder price is going up then I'm ordering now and hoping I don't have any hassles when I try to use my code after my trip.

The code expires after 60 days. If you wait longer that that, you will have to get it reinstated, which could take a few days. Don't wait until the last minute to get your photos edited.

The code expires after 60 days. If you wait longer that that, you will have to get it reinstated, which could take a few days. Don't wait until the last minute to get your photos edited.

I haven't seen this in print from Disney ANYWHERE - it seems to be some kind of Disney Legend.

For anyone out there who doesn't know, there is a code for 15% off any PhotoPass online order. You can pre-order a CD for only $84.96. The code is
9VISARD15. This is offered through the Reward Visa, but you don't have to own one to use the code. I ordered one two days ago with a different credit card and received the lower price. Thanks to a Dis poster from another thread for publicizing the code.

I also spoke with Mike from PhotoPass to ensure that the code will still work in Sept (more than 60 days away) when we head down to Disney World and he said it shouldn't be a problem. If for some reason it doesn't accept the code when we get back, I am just to call him and they will fix it up.

For anyone out there who doesn't know, there is a code for 15% off any PhotoPass online order. You can pre-order a CD for only $84.96. The code is
9VISARD15. This is offered through the Reward Visa, but you don't have to own one to use the code. I ordered one two days ago with a different credit card and received the lower price. Thanks to a Dis poster from another thread for publicizing the code.

I also spoke with Mike from PhotoPass to ensure that the code will still work in Sept (more than 60 days away) when we head down to Disney World and he said it shouldn't be a problem. If for some reason it doesn't accept the code when we get back, I am just to call him and they will fix it up.

Thanks for the info. Im going to pre order the cd for my next trip. I leave in August but I dont come back until September. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter