• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photography

rebecca_boo

Mouseketeer
I know a lot of people have complained about disney photographers. So I was wondering what other peoples experiences with them are.

also would it be to late to find someone else if I am getting married Dec 14. If not who would you suggest.

We had no problems with Disney photography at all for my daughter's wedding in May of 2008. The pictures came out beautiful and we were very happy and pleased. Her photographer was Mike Strickland and Joe (I think his last name is Duncan). She had the large photography package and so Mike even came to the rehearsal dinner and took pictures as well. I know that many people have not been happy with Disney photography but we had heard about Mike Stickland and she had her wedding planner see if he was available for her date and he was. Good luck!!!! You can see some examples of his work on the Disney photography website.

check out Randy Chapman. He is great! He has a lot of great reviews on this site. Thats how I found him and I had him for my Wishes Wedding on August 29, 2009 not to mention that his prices were great and I own the rights to my pictures! Definately check out his website.

We had no problems with Disney photography at all for my daughter's wedding in May of 2008. The pictures came out beautiful and we were very happy and pleased. Her photographer was Mike Strickland and Joe (I think his last name is Duncan). She had the large photography package and so Mike even came to the rehearsal dinner and took pictures as well. I know that many people have not been happy with Disney photography but we had heard about Mike Stickland and she had her wedding planner see if he was available for her date and he was. Good luck!!!! You can see some examples of his work on the Disney photography website.

I'm curious to know what package she had and how many hours she has with the photographer

we had problems with disney and are having a reshoot as our MK photos were awful

We had misty for our wedding

we had problems with disney and are having a reshoot as our MK photos were awful

We had misty for our wedding

I am really starting to feel horrible about the photography everyone I have tried is booked. thats what I get for not htinking about this till now. :sad2:

we had ours booked a year in advance, you might not have any problems with disney alot dont, even our photographer has had really good reviews on here but our pics were terrible, we have a toilet in one of ours! not a look i was going for!

Disney i think have stepped up since we got married with their photos so I think you will be fine, I would email disney with your concerns and ask them for samples, there is a webste but I cant remember the address

We have vicki booked for our MK reshoot next year after I had to cancel this reshoot this year as I'm currently pregnant with twins so there was no way I was fitting in my dress!

we had ours booked a year in advance, you might not have any problems with disney alot dont, even our photographer has had really good reviews on here but our pics were terrible, we have a toilet in one of ours! not a look i was going for!

Disney i think have stepped up since we got married with their photos so I think you will be fine, I would email disney with your concerns and ask them for samples, there is a webste but I cant remember the address

We have vicki booked for our MK reshoot next year after I had to cancel this reshoot this year as I'm currently pregnant with twins so there was no way I was fitting in my dress!

Thanks for the reassurance. I think I am going to talk to them about some concerns I have and see if those who have used disney who the had.

Congrats on the twins!!!

We used Randy Chapman for our actual wedding, but then did a half hour photo shoot in the Magic Kingdom in lieu of having the Disney photographer at ourw edding.

We had Regina, and she was wonderful - so friendly, and very creative. I feel sure that if she had covered our wedding, we would have been very pleased - so don't worry too much - I think lots of people have been happy with their Disney photographers, probably as many as have been unhappy.

I used Disney Photography for my entire wedding last December. I had no problems with them whatsoever. From what I've seen here Disney photogs have perhaps not lived up to expectations in the past, but have really improved over the last few years.

Overall, I am very happy with my pics. We had the 10 hour package (the biggest one- I can't think of what they call it, Enchanted Rose or something). So we split 2 hours off for our rehearsal dinner & had 8 hours on the wedding day.
I think our site is still up if it'll help you:
www.collages.net/disneyweddings
User Name: Howard / Campbell Wedding
Password: 1971

Our Photograhers were:
Rehearsal: Mike Strickland
Wedding Day: Joe Duncan and Tina
MK Shoot: Regina

Good Luck. :goodvibes

My daughter had a Wishes wedding. I think she had the l0 hour photography package. Mike Strickland came to the rehearsal dinner as well. They also had an engagement shoot at the Magic Kingdom several months before the wedding. She just received her finished album this past week and she is so happy with the way everything turned out. Like I said in my earlier post she had Mike Strcikland and Joe Duncan. She also chose the upgrade package with her video with Bruno White entertainment who is Disney's videographer and the DVD came out beautiful!!!!! She had upgraded the package on that as well and also had her rehearsal dinner and party video taped and also had received 6 copies of the finished DVD for the parents and whoever wanted one. Forgot to mention that in her photography package besides her album she also got picture portfolios for the bridal party as well. These were pictures of her and each bridesmaid and for the groomsmen a picture of each groomsmen with the groom and a picture of the whole bridal party together. These were nice gifts to give to them.

I used Disney Photography for my entire wedding last December. I had no problems with them whatsoever. From what I've seen here Disney photogs have perhaps not lived up to expectations in the past, but have really improved over the last few years.

Overall, I am very happy with my pics. We had the 10 hour package (the biggest one- I can't think of what they call it, Enchanted Rose or something). So we split 2 hours off for our rehearsal dinner & had 8 hours on the wedding day.
I think our site is still up if it'll help you:
www.collages.net/disneyweddings
User Name: Howard / Campbell Wedding
Password: 1971

Our Photograhers were:
Rehearsal: Mike Strickland
Wedding Day: Joe Duncan and Tina
MK Shoot: Regina

Good Luck. :goodvibes

Out of all those photographers who did you like best, or do only some do certain things? Also about how much was that package. Sorry I am miss 20 questions!

Out of all those photographers who did you like best, or do only some do certain things? Also about how much was that package. Sorry I am miss 20 questions!

Honestly, I liked all of our photographers. Sorry that isn't much of a help, but I would work with them all again.

Our package was indeed the "Enchanted Rose". It's $5225.00 (prices for 2008- maybe slightly different now) and included:

10 hours of wedding coverage
4x6 keepsake prints from your celebration
10 Disney-themed gift folios containing two 5x7 prints of your choice
A private website of your images
A standard resolution CD of your images

Magic Kingdom Portrait Session
One 20x24 portrait from your portrait session
12 print 4x5 Disney-themed folio

Your choice of 1 of our Premier Albums:

Signature Album
Digital Montage (50) print Album
Artist Commissioned (50) print Album
(signature album includes a credit of $1500 toward your album print selections)

Your choice of 2 Family Albums in your choice of the following styles:

Traditional (24) 4x6 print Album
Artist Commissioned (20) print Album

HTH! :goodvibes

I am really starting to feel horrible about the photography everyone I have tried is booked. thats what I get for not htinking about this till now. :sad2:

Dont feel bad..you can find someone. My wedding was sept 21st and we definitely didnt have a good experience but luckily I had another photographer with me. She does some completely amazing work. You can try her if you like. Her name is Stephanie Owens she is in Jacksonville. Her website is stephowens.com You will not be disappointed.

to see some of the photographs that she did for us, go to http://stephowens.blogspot.com/ we are the first blog listed, it is under
Freda and Matt...a fairytale story. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter