Photography Podcast

LizAgna

DIS Veteran
I just purchased my 1st SLR on Sunday - Nikon D3000 & I have been playing around with it a little. I can't wait for the weekend so I can actually play with it more! Does anyone know of any photography podcasts that are out there that would be good for me to listen to as I learn to take better pictures?

I know that photography monthly's website has some podcasts - never looked too much at them though so i'm not sure what they cover.. :thumbsup2

http://www.7photographyquestions.com/
the moderator of this one is a little bit overly gushy for me but the info was good. they ask 7 questions of pro photographers about their specialty or the business end of things. they aren't making new ones right now but the old ones are worth a listen. i usually picked up a point or two that was new to me.

Photofocus is one I listen to available thru iTunes. You can visit their website at photofocus.com.

By definition, a "podcast" can be heard on an iPod. It's a combination of the words "iPod" and "broadcast".

But they in fact have nothing to do with ipods as they are simply a mp3 file and will play on any mp3 player.

The four that I listed are all video podcasts that I've subscribed to via iTunes but, you can just watch them from thier respective websites if you do not have a video enabled ipod, touch or iphone.

I tried some audio only photography podcasts and quickly lost interest. When people discus photography I like visuals even if it is just a static image showing a technique.

I really like 7 photography questions and photo focus, but recently I have been listening to TWIP (This Week in Photography)

Thanks for the ideas on podcasts, everybody! Now I just have to find time to fit them in with all the WDW podcasts I listen to! :thumbsup2

I just started listening to a fairly new one called Digital Photo Experience (dpexperience.com). It features Rick Sammon and Juan Pons. There are photographer interviews, they answer questions sumbitted by the listeners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter