Photography Board's Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really like addition of the foreground butterfly bushes, nice contrast to the cityscape
I like putting flowers in the forground. View is of the Lions Gate Bridge and Vancouver. Here's another view from the same lookout, looking at Howe Sound. Taken on the road down from a hike in W. Vancouver.(I just noticed how much the horizon is off!)
318905475_HwcYu-M.jpg

It was the theme of the day I guess. This one was taken on the hike we took up a Mt Hollyburn and Mt Strachen earlier the same day. Overlooking Howe Sound.
Canon A540 took both.
318901689_QEvXK-M.jpg

What an awesome thread. Gorgeous photography everyone! One a day. That will be hard. Since we have the bear today I'll start with this taken at the Bronx Zoo this past Fall. My camera is an Easy Share z8612IS, nothing fancy.

aba572ed.jpg

As long as we're posting Pics taken at the Bronx Zoo:

3271423693_0489f7e445_o.jpg

I probably have a dozen pictures of this very gorilla and this is the most precious and professional I have seen. For those who don't know, there is glass in front of this gorilla, which is often murky or downright dirty.
Bravo!

Wow. Where is this?

This is at the Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas......one of the outdoor exhibits.

interesting but scary!:lmao: do you know the significance of this piece?

It's supposed to represent a "brainless" crowd and how a crowd can take on a non-human sense. It references the artist's personal experience growing up in Poland during WWII. From a distance they all look identical but they really aren't. Based on that, it also represents being alone in a crowd.

Boy, I hoped I explained that correctly! ;)

here is another of my brothers garden sculptures using wood and rocks held together with only balance and gravity

3017605708_a5c763077f_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter