Photographer's view of 50's Prime Time Diner

GoofyontheHiSeas

Do you know the Nutmeg Man.. The king of whats le
I am an amateur photographer that likes to eat. So I will be posting some of the restaurants that we visited. Me, DW, DD14, DD8. On this night we ate with a group of 20+ friends and we all had so much fun that I did not get all of there opinions of there food choices, therefore the pictures will have to speak for themselves. PT Diner like Sci-Fi Dine-In was more for the novel experience and fun than for the food. Menu offerings were standard American fare. I had an unpleasant outcome this night which I will describe later.

629328535_rxZrg-L.jpg

629328060_WKkzR-L.jpg

Walking into this restaurant brought back so many memories of what our kitchen/house looked like when I was growing up. Several of us in the group recognized knick-knacks from around the waiting area. Several of our group had eaten here before, but for my family it was a first visit. My DD14 was scared to death that she would be harassed by the waitress or sent to the corner. He did not have to worry as she was at the kids table and the adult table was the one that got in trouble. The group of adults pretty much egged on our waitress to a point to get in trouble that night. One of our diners was forced fed their vegetables and another sent to the wall for hitting (don't ask). We we given the task of setting our own table and then assigned a project to list 16 Disney movies with one name in the title. We did but it took all of us to answer it. We all had a great time and made many memories. Now on to the food.

Beer Battered Onion Rings for Two - served with Horseradish sauce
629334476_6xBcb-L.jpg

Char-grilled Butcher Tender Steak - with red wine sauce, sauteed mushrooms, cheddar scalloped potatoes, and green beans
629333665_uTwF2-L.jpg

Mom's Old Fashioned Pot Roast - Slow cooked 'til fork tender, served with mashed potatoes, carrots, celery and onions
This is what I ordered. The first one I got was about 80% fat. I understand Pot Roast has some fat but not the whole thing. I sent it back and got a second one. This one still had some fat but was much better.
629334145_82sAV-L.jpg

Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken - Served with mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, and Southern greens
629334640_LNAys-L.jpg

Dad's Traditional Meatloaf - a blend of beef and pork topped with tomato glaze, mashed potatoes, and green beans
629335062_pwSaP-L.jpg

Roasted Pepper - stuffed with whole grains and smoked ratatouille
629334887_RFCUH-L.jpg

Now on to dessert:

Dad's Brownie Sundae - Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, and Caramel topping
629341744_i9qWN-L.jpg

S'mores
629342324_T8xuw-L.jpg

Kids Ice-Cream Sundae

629342010_tofLK-L.jpg

Overall we had a great time and the food was OK. The down side of the night is that I contracted food poisoning from either here or Sci-Fi Din-In this day. Was unpleasant but did not ruin our trip.

Coral Reef Review

Teppan Edo Review

Tutto Italia Review

Sci-Fi Dine-In Review

Biergarten Review

Restaurant Marrakesh

Boma

nice job! Who was your server? Our favorite is Uncle Mark.

popcorn:: loving your reviews
50's prime time is a favourite of mine especially the smores mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I am so sorry you were sick... we plan on going to both places on our next trip and the reuben from Sci Fi and the fried chicken and pot roast from 50's are on our list!

Sorry about your food poisoning. The pictures are great.:thumbsup2

Overall we had a great time and the food was OK. The down side of the night is that I contracted food poisoning from either here or Sci-Fi Din-In this day. Was unpleasant but did not ruin our trip.

I saw that you had the Spinach and Artichoke Dip at the Sci Fi...I had this a few years back and got quite ill from it! :sick: while I would definitely eat at that restaurant again, I'll definitely be avoiding the dip!

Loving your reviews by the way...beautiful photos of the food! :thumbsup2

Great pics again!! We ate here too - thought it was alright - loved the themeing though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter