• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photocopying Passes

JafaratHeart

Earning My Ears
I have heard that it is a good idea to make a photocopy of the back of your park tickets just in case you should loose them during your stay. Does anybody know if this is neccessary? I've booked a vacation for late september. Do you get the tickets at check-in, or do they mail them to you? Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have your tickets in hand? If you do then its a great idea. If you are getting them when you get there and they are included in your package, they should be on your room key. If you loose your room key card, go to the front desk they will give you a new one and make the one that was lost unusable.

I've heard the ONLY way to get another ticket if your's is lost or stolen is if you have a copy of the back of the ticket. Otherwise, you are out of luck. Better to be safe than sorry - I will be making copies of mine.

Definitely make 2 copies...one to keep in the room and one to carry with you. There are so many people who accidentally leave their tickets in a FastPass machine. If you have only one copy back in your room, then you'll have to trek back there to get it in order to get the tickets replaced. If you carry a copy on your person and then lose the wallet/purse/backpack that contains tickets and copies, you'll be out of luck.

If you purchased a package, you will receive your tickets at check-in. You can choose to have your tickets placed on to your room key. If you do, you only need to go to Guest Service to have your ticket replaced. This will only work if they are on your room key for a Disney resort. No photocopy necessary.

I finally made copies of mine, after Hurricane Wilma. We had only been back from Disney like 3 weeks before it hit. Between unpacking from WDW trip and getting ready for the hurricane, then 9 days of no power after, it slipped my mind where I hid them for them to be safe!!

I was getting ready to contact Disney to see if anything could be done, but luckily I found them.!!

I like the 2 copy idea, may do that this weekend.

pamjb said:
If you purchased a package, you will receive your tickets at check-in. You can choose to have your tickets placed on to your room key. If you do, you only need to go to Guest Service to have your ticket replaced. This will only work if they are on your room key for a Disney resort. No photocopy necessary.

Wow - those room keys work for everything - purchasing, dining plan, tickets, etc. How much information can one little card hold?! Will it keep track of the miles we've walked during our vacation as well? :teeth:

Has anyone ever accidently destroyed their pass by washing it with clothes or getting it in the pool because it's in your pocket?

I haven't yet, but I keep worrying about that. I knew a guy that had a $100,000 McDonalds winning ticket. He didn't know it was a winning ticket until he talked to someone at McDonald and they said "if you have that ticket, you just won $100,00". He rushed home only to find his wife had washed the shirt with the ticket in the pocket and it was destroyed beyond all hope. :rolleyes2

JafaratHeart said:
Wow - those room keys work for everything - purchasing, dining plan, tickets, etc. How much information can one little card hold?! Will it keep track of the miles we've walked during our vacation as well? :teeth:

That little card holds no information at all, except it's own serial number. All of the info is stored on the WDW computer system, and your card just lets you access it - same as a credit card or an ATM card.

linda_loo said:
Could I just take a digital photograph of our tickets, would that be enough proof?

Absolutely! As long as the serial numbers are legible, any image of the ticket would work.

sames1 said:
Has anyone ever accidently destroyed their pass by washing it with clothes or getting it in the pool because it's in your pocket?

I haven't yet, but I keep worrying about that. I knew a guy that had a $100,000 McDonalds winning ticket. He didn't know it was a winning ticket until he talked to someone at McDonald and they said "if you have that ticket, you just won $100,00". He rushed home only to find his wife had washed the shirt with the ticket in the pocket and it was destroyed beyond all hope. :rolleyes2

No matter what happened to your ticket - washed, demagnetized, lost, ripped, crayoned by an overzealous 4yo, whatever - you can get it replaced at Guest Relations if you have a copy or photo of the ticket. This holds true for any WDW ticket, bought from the Disney Store, online, at the gate, at the resort, on a room key, on a separate card, Annual Pass, whatever.

The card holds no information other that its serial number. All of the info related to the card, such as the number of days on it, the number of days used, and the biometric data from the finger scanners, is stored on the WDW computer system. The system works just like a credit card system - your credit card has no info on it, it only has the credit cards number on it. If you lose it, all you have to do is call your credit card company to get it cancelled and replaced.

For those whose park tickets will be encoded on their resort room key cards (the only way to go!!!):

If you really want to be on the safe side but don't happen to have a photocopier with you when you receive your park passes upon check-in, call your cellphone's voicemail or your home answering machine. When it's time to leave a message, read the ticket numbers aloud. This way, you'll have a "copy" of the numbers without having to make a photocopy.

Keep in mind what several others above have said, if your park tickets are coded onto your resort room key card, you have no worries if you lose the card. It is easy as pie to replace at any Guest Services center.

I think I can speak with some authority on both these subjects (losing tickets and soaking tickets) since both of those things happened to us on our trip just two weeks ago. :rolleyes:

My dad lost his 7-day PH which I had bought at the Disney Store (so it looked like a credit card). Of course I didn't have the receipt on me that they had told me to carry with me when I bought the tickets just in case they got lost. After looking all over for his ticket, my dad asked at the concierge desk at POFQ what he should do. By this time he had realized he had probably left it at the ticket machine going into MGM the day before. All we had to do was go to Guest Services (at MK only because that was where we were spending the day) and present all the tickets of everyone in our party who had entered MGM with him the day before. The CM ran them through the computer and found my dad's ticket number that way and that MGM was the last place it had been used, and just issued him another ticket.

When we arrived at WDW, I upgraded our 7-day PH's (mine, DH, DD17 and DD4) to AP's. So instead of tickets that looked like credit cards, we had paper tickets. I placed mine and DD4's on the tray by the coffee pot in the room and DH filled up the pot with water and made a mess. I found the tickets soaked. DD4's wouldn't work after a couple of days, so the CM at the ticket entry to MK took hers to Guest Services to print a new one. It only took a minute or two. Mine was still working when we left, although I had to run it through the machine a few times.

It is a good idea to either keep the receipt or make copies though. :thumbsup2

Would you have tickets encoded to your room key even if you are purchasing a 10 day non-expiry ticket that you plan to you for future visits?

If your park tickets are on your room key, then upon check out they will give you any unused days back on another card. We do the express check out so we always pretty much get the tickets seperatly.

As far as replacing lost tickets, well my wife did not bring our park tickets with us and left them in Georgia we did not know this until we was already at the park. Went to guest relations and we had no problem at all getting replacement cards they were GREAT this was about 2 years ago so I do not know if they had a policy change or not. We did our Ressie and tickets directly to WDW so this might have helped..

I purchased my tickets from Ticket Mania recently. Our trip is in May and I just started looking for the tickets, found the envelope but no tickets in it. There was a copy of the back of the tickets so I called Disney and they told me that they would not replace the tickets from a photo copy. They said I needed to go through where I purchased the tickets. Ticket Mania said they wouldn't replace lost tickets. I was out of luck! The good news is, I FOUND the tickets, all five of them, woo hoo!!!

Must make a difference on where the tickets are purchased as far as replacing lost ones go.

FireflyfromMI said:
I purchased my tickets from Ticket Mania recently. Our trip is in May and I just started looking for the tickets, found the envelope but no tickets in it. There was a copy of the back of the tickets so I called Disney and they told me that they would not replace the tickets from a photo copy. They said I needed to go through where I purchased the tickets. Ticket Mania said they wouldn't replace lost tickets. I was out of luck! The good news is, I FOUND the tickets, all five of them, woo hoo!!!

Must make a difference on where the tickets are purchased as far as replacing lost ones go.

This could also be that they weren't used or Bio coded yet.I could just call and give them a number and they would have no way of telling.

My whole family went to The World last year and I was in charge of purchasing all of the tickets. I kept the papers that they were sent to me on. That has the same code that is written on the back. My sister lost her ticket, I took the paper to the front dest, they sent me to any guest services at a park and they were able to cancel it because I had the full code number and issue a new one.
I now keep a small binder with all the papers I receive including the papers that tickets come on.

I did lose my AP ticket while a WDW. I was at the AK park, went to take the ticket out of my pocket for a FP, and my AP was missing A CM told me to report to guest relations at the front of the park. There they cancelled my lost ticket and issued me another.....made the rest of my day....

Wow, I'm confused. I bought my tickets from Ticketmania. We have 7day no exp, and we will not use all the days in one trip. Should I put them on my room key or not? Does the info stay in Disney's computer forever? What if it's ten years til I use them again? Can I trust their computer system? And now I'm concerned even if I make a copy of the tickets, since I bought them from Ticketmania, if I lost them maybe they wouldn't replace them anyway.

you don't have to copy them if you buy them at WDW.. they take your finger print and the entrance plus.. we have been in FL and just decide to go.. since we bought the 10 day ticket... we just call them up and they say go to will call window.. its very easy and no problems at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter