Photobomb

NNPMom

Disney Princess Since 1973
Anyone ever purposefully photobomb a ride picture?

Last week when I was in WDW with 7 lovely well behaved children from 11-18 they decided to spice up the photos!

We have one doing a crossword puzzle on everest (yes with book and pencil in hand), one on splash mountain doing rock paper scissors with thier cousins, one taking selfies with cell phones on big thunder, one with a mock duel on space mountain etc.

Anyone else have crazy kids like that? Any ideas for future photo ops?

Awesome ideas!! Bet they were cute pics!!

My kids also like to make funny faces for the cameras. They know where all of the cameras are on the rides that take pictures.

Anyone ever purposefully photobomb a ride picture?

Last week when I was in WDW with 7 lovely well behaved children from 11-18 they decided to spice up the photos!

We have one doing a crossword puzzle on everest (yes with book and pencil in hand), one on splash mountain doing rock paper scissors with thier cousins, one taking selfies with cell phones on big thunder, one with a mock duel on space mountain etc.

Anyone else have crazy kids like that? Any ideas for future photo ops?

Not me personally, but I have seen threads on here as well as pics around the web.

A few years ago a Diser posted a pic of her son's face covered in shaving cream, shaving with a razor, while coming down the SM drop. That was pretty funny...:rotfl:

WE did see, hear, say no evil on TOT and my niece is looking at us like what are you doing?

On all ride pictures I purposefully put on a scowl, cross my arms, hunch my shoulders to look like I am miserable

It wasn't planned but I was with someone on RnR that received a phone call just as the picture was taken.

I've seen what you're talking about on Pinterest. I don't consider that photo bombing. What you're describing is cute as long as they're not blocking other people who are also on the ride.

Those sound like unique and memorable shots.. What I can't stand is when someone gives the finger or throws their arms up and block a younger, smaller rider and essentially ruin the shot for the child. (Can you tell that has happened to us a few times...)

I got in trouble (lectured in French first then English) on Tower of Terror in Disney Paris for taking a picture in the picture.

They had great ToT frames and I knew I was buying the photo so I was ready with my camera when the doors opened.

We were on RnR a couple years ago and a guy in the front seat had shimmied out of his tank top after the train was loaded 'cause he wanted a shirtless pic. The CM in charge of giving the "all clear" wouldn't clear the train to launch until he got his shirt back on, which was no quick or easy thing given the way the way those harnesses fit! :rolleyes2

When we did PP+ last year and stayed at Magic Kingdom until 3am, our final ride on Space Mountain we pretended to be asleep. :P

We've done 2 on Splash Mountain. The first one was during the Pirate and Princess party where we all looked like we were ready to charge lol 2 of us had plastic swords and they held them out in front of them and the rest of us pointed forward yelling lol. The 2nd one was the first 2 pretended to be paddling, the next 2 were looking at a park map, my DH was looking like he was thinking and I gave him the "are you kidding me look?" my DSIL was drinking a bottle of water and my DBIL looked like he just thought of a great idea lol it was well thought out

On EE last year DS,17 at the time and his friend posed like the thinker, they look like they are pondering the meaning of life. I don't usually buy ride photos, but couldn't resist that one. :rotfl:

My mother, sister, and I did the "hear to evil, see no evil, speak no evil" thing on Space Mountain this past December during MVMCP.

Like a previous poster said, I also hate it when people make obscene gestures so that the photos get deleted. This makes it so no one can get their picture. I'm also not a fan of people holding up their hands and blocking other people, but usually just attribute that to people not realizing that they are blocking those behind them.

I'm also not a fan of people holding up their hands and blocking other people, but usually just attribute that to people not realizing that they are blocking those behind them.

The thing is, people have been putting their hands in the air on thrill rides forever. It adds to the enjoyment of the ride for many people. The fact that Disney and other parks started taking photos during the ride doesn't change the fact that it's first and foremost a ride, not a photo op. My kiddos (and even me - I'm short!) have been blocked in those ride photos before, but it's no biggie, 'cause I enjoyed the ride.

So many possibilities:

Zombie attack
Very-Funny-Faces-Roller-Coaster-Ride-13.jpg

You might get wet
ride-through.jpg

Hulk Hogan pose
funny-splash-mountain-pose.jpg

Your move
splash-chess.jpg

Today's headlines
funny-splash-mountain-reading-newspaper.jpg

Breakfast
110.jpg

Got any 3's?
collegehumor.970ece8e4603bc4578d8dfe5f6948a3f.jpg

Jenga
splash-mountain-jenga1.jpg

A trio of choices
extreme-splash-mountain-pictures-from-2010-to-2012.jpg

Super serious
funny-splash-mountain-no-emotion.jpg

The thing is, people have been putting their hands in the air on thrill rides forever. It adds to the enjoyment of the ride for many people. The fact that Disney and other parks started taking photos during the ride doesn't change the fact that it's first and foremost a ride, not a photo op. My kiddos (and even me - I'm short!) have been blocked in those ride photos before, but it's no biggie, 'cause I enjoyed the ride.

If you want to make sure kids don't get blocked you can request front row seating. There's no guarantee you'll get it, but it doesn't hurt to ask. We did this for TOT since the kids are small and they accommodated us with no problem.

So I bought (and totally rocked) a Buzz Lightyear hoodie at HS. I tried to pose in the "To infinity and beyond" pose on ToT, but the flash was too quick for me; I didn't get all the way posed in time. The pic is still good: I stand out very well with a grin on my face and my finger pointing way up.

BUT.... I accidentally blocked the little kid sitting behind me. COMPLETELY. He is invisible in the picture. When I saw the pic after the ride, I apologized to the kid and his family, but they just laughed and said it was no big deal--they've done ToT a million times and the pic wasn't that special to them. I was glad they were so nice. :)

So many possibilities:

That's awesome. But how on Earth do you get stuff like that onto the ride? TV, game consoles, cereal boxes, etc. I am surprised that they aren't prohibited for safety reasons. I mean, if that guy had dropped the TV...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter